FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYumeshi's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 19:43

The diary is written with intense feeling, which combined with the spellbinding images gives an account of an imaginative voyage of discovery. This is pretty much how I felt when I first started playing Illyriad as each new day revealed a new facet of the game, sometimes technical, sometimes narrative based and on most days socially rewarding.

Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 01:06
Clap
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 04:06
[Thanks for your comments, and Ane, that was the feeling i wanted to give when i started this, glad you agree with me Smile ]

April 28th, 2011

I never thought I would be so happy just by waking up, what a night. First, my back started hurting and I had to curl up to bear with the pain. My forehead began itching: first a little, then a lot, and finally becoming insufferable. There was a time I couldn’t scratch anymore, my nails were, literally, skinning my head; I just noticed it when my hands were all bloody. My new “eye” started to hurt to, but honestly, compared to the others, it was nothing big. Finally, my whole body felt a burning hot from inside, I don’t remember eating anything bad…

When the long torture ended, I stretched myself with a satisfactory expression on my face. Looks like my body felt really well now, even the color was more intense than before and my claws were sharp and shiny… wait a second… claws? I spent a few minutes looking at my “hands”, without knowing if this was real. Then the door opened, and I could see Eres letting out a stifled scream while covering her mouth. At first I thought she was exaggerating, okay I grow two claws, but it isn’t such a big deal.

She stayed there a few seconds, looking at me up and down while thinking quietly. Then she got close to me and called me by my name, but it was more like a question. I asked her what was going on, why was she reacting like that? While I noticed that my voice was lower than usual, maybe I’m hoarse. Her long braid was fidgeting while casting her eyes over the room, stopping on a mirror in one of the walls. That mirror was there before, but it wasn’t made from crystal; it wasn’t hard, and when I touch it, the surface would surround my finger, so it must be some kind of liquid.

Eres came back in front of me and showed me the mirror. I smiled nervous, without understanding her preoccupation, and took a look at the mirror. I moved back so abruptly that I hit on my head with the wall at my back; I still have the bump on my head. The one at the mirror wasn’t me, it couldn’t be. That face had two short horns covered with blood on the forehead and a big read eye at the middle of them, covering the skin with veins; my hair was longer and flaming red, almost like fire; my skin was darker too, contrasting maybe too much with the hair. But my attention was definitely caught by my back; from them, two big black wings were standing out, I spread them without meaning to, covering most of the room with them.

I was told by Eres to wait there, that maybe her father would know something. I didn’t have any other option so I just waited there. I was keeping myself occupied experimenting with my wings. Looks like they could be control independently, but to do that I need to concentrate harder; I wonder if I will have to train with them. I flapped them a little, but the wind was too strong and the furniture started trembling, so I stopped before anything broke.

Not a long time after Eres left, she arrived with Erestor, both in a notable hurry; at least the elder, his daughter was just trying to following him. When Erestor saw me, he had the same expression than Eres, but his reaction was considerable faster. He told me to sit down and take my shirt off. When I did I almost scream, my chest was moving on its own, changing constantly, but slow enough to not notice it before. Erestor then nodded to himself, like realizing something, and then tried to explain me what happened.

He told me that my body didn’t assimilate completely the magic, probably because it was too much amount for my body to contain; that’s why the magic itself, was materializing outside of my body, taking shapes that would match up with the original design, the black dragon. Apparently, it wasn’t anything dangerous; maybe unsuitable for a normal life, but not life threatening. But the problem was at my chest, the magic was trying to change my heart, and that would, logically, to cause my death.

Erestor told me that, the only way for me to survive, was the full control of the magic; if I could gather it into a single point when it was at chaos, then this would not be impossible. I lied down at the bed, not an easy task with these two wings at my back, and Erestor took a seat close to me, while Eres was standing at his side. He then laid his hand on my chest, saying that he would try to help me with the ritual control and then explaining what I had to do in order to restrain the energy.

The first seconds were easy, I just had to choose a catalyst and concentrate on it; I though on the head on my forehead, it was the first one that came at my mind. Once I concentrated enough on it, the Elder pronounced a few words and then the hard part started. My body began changing again, turning the “accessories” on light, that were collected by my third eye, the movement on my chest also stopped. But when I said hard part, it was for a reason; my head began hurting just like the time at the underground room, like a thousand needles sticking on it; I had to concentrate all the magic gathered so it wouldn’t run wild again, but the pain made it hard, really hard.

I stayed like that a few minutes. Sometimes a small energy beam would escape from my eye, destroying the closest thing to it; luckily enough the elder casted a shield on him and his daughter, so there wasn’t any tragedy. When the pain started to vanish, I thought I could have a second of relief, but the elder kept going with his instructions. Now I had to think of something, the shape didn’t matter, but forcing the magic to take a shape would make it more “passive”.

I thought about words, about the runes I saw on Erestor scripts and on apparently meaningless drawings, it reminded me of something we usually draw on people’s body, something call “tribal tattoo” even today I wonder what is their origin. After having a proper image on my mind, I nod slightly, giving the Elder permission to start the next step of the ritual. He then casted a few more words, with no meaning for me as usual. The magic become wild again, but with a “limit”, like water trembling inside a cup. The last step was easier than I thought at first; the magic this time followed my wishes and, flowing from the red eye, started bathing my body, drawing black shapes and runes on it.

When the ritual was over, my body was partially covered by the images I thought: at the sides of the third eye, two black flames were guarding it; two long fangs, starting at my eyes, covered my cheeks; my arms were filled with tribal tattoos, and my hand with runes I couldn’t read; my back had again two big black wings, but this time just on the skin surface, covering all of it. The rest of my body was left the same, no more drawings on them… yeah I did check it…

Finally we ended it; the magic was no longer giving me problems. But guess what, it took almost all my energy to realize the ritual, so I won’t be able to do anything today either, I should at least wake up early tomorrow, so I can recover all the time I’m losing with these damn problems. I really hope that I can have a peaceful day tomorrow… by the way, now I can do some interesting things, I could write the diary from my bed without even standing, that and a few more tricks I learnt while trying to sleep. But it’s too late… I will share them here tomorrow…

Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 03:36

29th April, 2011

Another day I wake up in this world, Illyriad. I’m getting used to it little by little, but it still feels so unreal, like a dream; these past days a nightmare I should say… But at least today looks like I would be able to have a peaceful day. Just when I opened my eyes, a pair of playful eyes was watching me, dark red eyes that blinked with impatience when I looked at them. Remember the baby dragon that appeared the first time? Well, looks like my magic control can’t control him unconsciously and last night he “escaped” from the tattoos on my body; looks like he can do it more than once. This isn’t dangerous like the time with my chest, so I didn’t gave importance to it. Because he looks all black, I named him Seara, the elvish word for “night”. Yeah, I know I’m original…

When I got up from the bed, I stretched a little and look up at the mirror. Most of my tattoos were gone, but the flames and the runes at my hand were still in their place; I guess Seara didn’t take all the magic to his creation. While I was wondering about the meaning of those flames and runes, Eres entered the room; that’s another thing I don’t think I will ever get used to, the privacy in this village was almost non-existent. She brought with her a few pieces of fresh just made, something that I appreciate.

A surprised expression covered her face when looking at the dragon; but it was just that, surprise, not like when she saw my “mutation”; then she was a little frightened. Before Eres misunderstood what was going on, I explained her that the dragon baby was just an after-effect of my magic control and that he was inoffensive. She looked at my eyes, trying to find out if I was lying, and then nodded off her head with a smile. When she asked me what I was planning to do with it, I told her that I would raise it, if I can raise it at least. When I told her the name I though, she laughed subtly; it was obvious I came up with the name impulsively, but still didn’t complain about it.

We ate the bread together, spreading butter on them; I throw a bit to Seara and, unexpectedly, he ate it; it looks like magical beasts can eat after all, I wonder where the food goes when they become magic again… After finishing eating, I accompanied Eres outside; of course I returned Seara back to his tattoo state, a dragon would be frightening in a village and I’m quite sure that he wouldn’t be able to remain at home quietly. Today was a sunny day; even with all the trees around us the light bathed the whole village. It was really early in the morning, but there were already a few people outside their houses. It was kind of lively here for a village so small.

It’s been a long time since I could walk through these streets, if I can call them proper streets. The villagers greeted me relief, looks like they were worried by me, staying three whole days at home; when they asked Erestor about it, he just told them to wait and not to get near my house if possible. Cruel words, but understandable; they would have been quiet disturbed by the changes I underwent those days.

I took the time to visit all the people I could; it may have been pretentious from me, but I wanted the people to know that I was all right. To cross the village took me longer than I remembered at first; are the paths changing or something? First I visited the school, not a building, but a clear terrain where the older elves would teach the younger ones about almost anything, although sometimes they ended telling stories to enjoy themselves; not really productive time, but at least the children could have a funny time.

After the casual greetings from the people there, I sat down to hear a little of the elder speaker. This time was a sturdy old man that talked about the maintenance of the wood with magic. In spite of his fearful appearance, he explained that we shouldn’t give shape to the wood forcibly, with tools or using strength; but softly, using the magic to give them shape slowly, without obliging it to take shapes they don’t want to. Shapes they don’t want to? I think that is a bit absurd, the wood can’t tell us anything, is just a dead tree…

After that, I continued my walk, followed by Eres at my side. I don’t know if she has a lot of free time or if we just coincide, but looks like she always find a space to accompany me. I asked her about that and she told me that she was just the elder’s assistant, but lately her father didn’t ask for her help, so she was free almost all the day. I nodded at her explanation and then realized something; if I become the elder she would be my assistant? I laughed at the image of a 10 years old looking girl carrying papers in a hurry. Now that I remember, this is the last day of the week that Erestor gave me before appointing me elder. If nobody is against it tomorrow, I would officially become the leader of this people. Just thinking about it makes me nervous…

Before I could notice, night arrived. I accompanied Eres to her house, and headed to mine slowly, gazing at the black scenery around me. I could see just a quarter of the moon, resembling a sickle; I hope that it doesn’t mean anything bad. When I arrived home, Seara almost jumped from inside my body; it was a weird sensation but not painful anymore. I patted his head softly and a bit tired, today I just walked and talked but still was a busy day. Well I’m finishing my diary if this damn dragon let me finish, this is the third time I have to rewrite this…

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 05:27
/me sniff

beautiful
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 17:05
A dragon from you tattoo! Unleash the inner beast! Beer
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 01:28

April 30th, 2011

This is the final day of the week that Erestor proposed to train me, I tried to sleep a little, but I was so nervous that I could just look at the ceiling; at least Seara came out and kept me company, so I wasn’t that bored. There was a moment where the little dragon stopped and went to sleep, he really acts like any other animal, is hard to think that is made from pure magic. Those moments I was alone I began thinking what really meant to be leader of this village. I like the people here, they were affective and close like a family and live in harmony with nature, killing animals just for food, not any other reason. Will I be able to guide them through a good way? Will I live longer like them or die with the lifespan of a human? I wonder what I am right now, an elf or a human… or none?

While I was thinking about these things and a hundred more ;most of them related to the same topic and some... well, just random thinking; the light of the sun came in through the window, looks like it was morning already, call that a waste night of rest. I had to stand up even if I was sleepy, after all no one would take me seriously if I wasn’t present when Erestor appointed me elder; it would have been a pointless ceremony. When I was all dress up with a fancy suit that Erestor lent me, apparently he had the same size than me in the past, I looked at Seara and he enter at my body without saying anything. Apparently I can use telepathy with him, but he never told me anything yet; I wonder if he can talk.

Eres came to my house before the celebration started, looks like she wanted to wish me good luck, but seeing how nervous I was, she tried to cheer me up with a casual smile. Even if she was smaller than me, Eres did treat me like her younger sister since she took care of me when I fainted and was brought here. I tried to show her a smile so she wouldn’t worry about me, but looks like it was really forced, because she noticed at the moment. While thinking a moment, Eres got close to the mirror, then touched it with her hand and closed her eyes. For a moment the mirror looked like it was crumbling, the reflecting surface shake a second and the next a part of it was at Eres’ hand. When I took a better look at the piece she was holding and shaping, I saw it clear now; the mirror was just water magically fixed on a plank, it was simpler than I though…

She took her time shaping the water, concentrating on it with her eyes closed, like remembering an image in her mind. After a few minutes, she opened her eyes with a satisfied look in her eyes, saying that it went better than she expected and told me to open my hand. A little confused, I told as she did and give her my open hand; then she placed a small figurine on it, a small dragon made from ice. She told me that it was made with purified water, the ones from the mirror, and enchanted with a protection spell, so it would give his owner good luck and never melt away. I gave her my thanks and took a thread from my old clothes, tying the figurine with it like a collar; it was a strong thread so I think it won’t break in a time.

Finally it was the hour, the village was reunited at the front of the elder’s house, looks like this was the usual place for reunions, so the last time wasn’t a coincidence. Erestor was already talking to everyone, not really sure about what, but the people were quiet and, sometimes, nodding at him. He made a sign to me with his hands, telling me to approach to him. I began walking to there, while feeling the villagers’ looks at my back, making me even more conscious of the situation I was in. I positioned at Erestor’s right and heard his words. He basically said that the time was coming when a successor should be chosen and he would take a proper rest, that my ideas would come helpful to the villagers and that my progression were incredible, in just that week I could learn the basic of magic and controlled the healing magic at an advanced level; that I could read almost half of the elves letters and a few runes, some of them of ancient magic meaning; that his opinion regarding me was enough and more to take on the elder’s chores. Finally he ended his speaking asking if anyone was against this.

Seriously, I didn’t expect this. Most of the villagers were against it, even people who I was in good terms with. I was shocked at first, frankly; but they stated their reasons. They indeed have a good opinion regarding me, but an outsider is still an outsider, it should take more than a mere week to prove him responsible enough of the elder position. I wasn’t angry or disappointed, their reasons were understandable and they didn’t show any rejection to me, but to my experience lack.

One of the oldest people, the one representing the villagers’ voice, stepped forward and said what everyone agreed to. I, Yumeshi from Ashan’rai, should take a trial proposed from the whole village to prove myself worthy of the elder’s title. I shall travel across the lands of Illyriad; know their places, their races, people, customs and rules from it. A task that would take years, but they will not agree to any other one. They said that if I know the land I was on better, the things that it holds, I would be back wiser. However, they wouldn’t leave me completely helpless; they will lend me a caravan and two horses, some clothes, food and water for a few days and some books to keep me busy at the long travels through Illyriad.

I accepted the task, not just because of the trial, but because I wanted to explore this lands I never heard about before, just imagine what kind of things I will see out there. While I was preparing myself at home, Eres came to visited me. Looks like she was one of the few people that though I was worth to be the elder, and felt sorry I had to be troubled by the villager’s distrust. I just laugh it out; they were just trying to choose the best to their family, so I can’t say they were wrong. I grabbed the collar I made with the ice dragon figurine and told her I was going to be okay, because I had a guardian angel with me. It was a pathetic farewell I must be honest, I didn’t know what to say and were quiet for a long time. Finally she left my room, after giving me a book; she said that it would teach me a nice spell; I really have so much to read…

I left the village at night, with the people gathered at the entrance of the same; the place I was found at my first day in this world; that brings me back memories. While looking back, seating on the caravan, I could see the people getting smaller and smaller… until they just disappeared from my sight… I hope they are okay when I come back, I really hope so…

From here on i will explore Illyriad lands, the real one; so if one player wanna appear on the story, i will gladly do it, just post it here :) but know that, i will be realistic, my character travels almost a full day every time i write this, so if u are 5 days away from me (for example) it would take me longer to arrived there, so closer players have priority, hope u understand it ^^'... feel free to comment because this is the finish of the first part, coinciding with the april end :D

Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 01:30
come to Bladenon in Keppen :D
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 01:32
oh i forgot to comment this sorry... to anyone that wanna appear on the story, please explain me shortly how would u like ur character to appear like, like a personality description or an image, anything u would like to make it more complete, i know im asking too much, but im doing it to make it the more real possible :)
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 02:05

May 1st, 2011

The life at open nature isn’t easy, now I know. I was aiming to leave the forest the night I went out from the village, but I was naïve; the forest was confusing, so many routes created from the trees, the village didn’t have any proper route guiding to it. The feeling I have from the trees when they were guiding me to Ashan’rai disappeared completely, they looked reluctant to let me leave the forest. Should I have gone back? No, my curiosity is greater than my fear. Because of that, I had to camp inside the forest. It was truly a bad night; bugs bitten over all my body, some howls made me wake up frightening and the cold at night was really damp, freezing my insides.

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was the wagon ceiling, reminding me of my way out from the village. I still don’t understand very well what the villagers want from this trial, maybe i will find them on the books. As I was about to stand up, I noticed a small weight on my chest. When I followed the origin of that weight, I discovered Seara sleeping on it. At least looks like he kept me warm a little this night, but I don’t get why he needs to sleep outside, must be a whim of him…

I woke him up with a soft flick at his forehead, not with malice or trying to hurt him but to see what expressions he would do. Damn him, he bit the finger which I hit him with; I guess I deserved it, although he wasn’t angry but playful as always, he really is a baby. I let him run around a little, at least that way he wouldn’t give me more problems. While Seara was out enjoying the nature, I started looking through the books that were tied up at a corner of the wagon; one of them wasn’t tied, the one that Eres gave me.

I decided to leave that one for the end, if it really was a way to communicate with the village, it wouldn’t be necessary so soon. I untied the horses from the trees and harnessed them to the wagon; I didn’t mention it before, but of course I let the horses rest the whole night. When the wagon was advancing again, I took one of the first books piled up and opened it. It was a geography volume, really simple so I guess it was used to teach the children; honestly, being treated like a kid discouraged me a little.

The first thing I saw when opened the book, was a double paged Illyriad map, it kind of surprised me that this world has so little water, just an ocean at the south. Looks like this was just known territory, beyond these drawing, the danger made it impossible to explore. The village is in the south of a place call frendorn, an area covered with mountains and forests down the middle. To be honest I didn’t really gave importance to this info, after all most of the areas looks the same to me; it was a really basic map.

The second book talked about a few runes, the pronunciation and the magical use for them. This was a way to catalyze the energies, making it easier to control magic; but since I got this third eye in that weird light explosion and fully control my magic with the ritual, I didn’t have that problem. Erestor noticed it too and told me it was probably an after-effect of the ritual, not a bad one at least. I just read it a little to entertain myself, the runes were like drawings and it was kind of fun to remember their shapes.

I noticed a light through the big trees; looks like the group of trees at our front were larger, meaning that we were already at the forest’s limits. I’m going to miss the villagers while I’m out, but there is no way I’m going to miss that climate; so much temperature differences and such dampness. After a few minutes avoiding obstacles, I finally exited the forest and entered in the plains. From the outside, the forest looked awesome; trees that could almost cover the sun and a green denser than any human made color.

Now that I was outside and could orient myself with the sun, I took the book with the map again. While taking it, the pile of book fell down, scattering everywhere through the wagon. One of them even fell, so I had to stop the horses and get down from the wagon; I went for the book and lift it from the floor, it went quiet far away. It wasn’t a book special, just a small bestiary of some forest and around beasts, something that the elves from Ashan’rai made. But the importance of the book wasn’t there, but in a small paper piece, hidden between the pages. It was a letter from Erestor, or at least it was his writing. The letter says like this:

Young Yumeshi:

You must know that this is a personal and secret letter, so please don’t let anyone see it but you. Above all, I must apologize; electing you as the elder was nothing more than a stratagem of this old man. Since your arrival, I noticed you were showing a special quality; I don’t know how can I explain it, but I’m sure you already noticed that something was odd.

First, your proclaimed coming to this world, that in itself is special and I didn’t believe you at first… at first. Second, your fast apprenticeship, you mastered the basic runes in just a few days; most of us need year; and finally the event at the underground room. You felt it too right? Yeah I’m sure you did, the energy came to you like it a natural thing for it, just by hearing your voice.

That time at the ceremonial room, I understood that you have a strong bond with magic. But that, without instruction, makes you dangerous and I already taught you all the ways to control it that I know. But I’m afraid they won’t be enough, sooner or later the magic inside you will run wild away, and the result could be more serious than your dead… really more serious.

I didn’t want to worry my people with black arts information, they do better not know it, making you leave so soon would have raised suspicions, and so I selected you as an Elder candidate, contradictory right? Well, I already knew they were going to test you by travelling; it was something that I had to do too in order to become the elder. What is the objective of the travel? Officially, you have to bring some rare objects and material from all the continents, at least one from each one. Unofficially, I need you to look about black magic and high capacity human containers information, in other words, your situation.

I should have given you this letter at your departure, containing the instructions of your trial, but I think you would understand that, if u had read the letter here, you may have not gone out.

I know Eres gave you a spell to communicate, I have more eyes than you think; use it if you need anything from me, is not like I abandoned you.

I wish you good luck young one

Erestor

I read the letter; at first surprised, then a little angry and betrayed, and lastly thoughtful. I understand Erestor’s actions, but that doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have just told me this; maybe the situation wouldn’t be so awkward right now. Well, there is no point crying over spoiled milk, I just need to move forward; what else can I do?

I came back to the wagon; looks like the horses were disturbed by something. I didn’t give it importance and so I entered the wagon. Wait, now that I remembered… where is Seara? I remember letting him out playing, but at least he was chasing the wagon so he didn’t lost, but I can’t see him right now. Not much time happened when I found the answered, the little dragon came running at the caravan from the horizon… chased by a pack of wild dogs.

I immediately took Seara inside my body, and urged on the horses; if we stay there any longer the result wouldn’t be any pretty. Still, they were really persistent, even at top speed from the horses they started chasing us. I remembered what Erestor told me in the concentration trainings “whenever you lose the calm, you probably will lose the life” I laughed at how soon I would remember one of his teachings. I take advantage of the cleared way, horses wouldn’t need any guiding, and so I positioned myself at the back of the wagon, facing the dogs. I began thinking what could I do, looking for something around me; I saw some stones and small rocks, but weren’t big enough to hurt them, not with my ability at least.

But I didn’t have to hurt them, just stop them; with a wall for example… a wall. With that though I took a gamble, I didn’t practice enough the red magic, so I wasn’t that good with it; but still is not like I have a better option. I closed my eyes, it was better for concentrating, then visualize the ground that the wagon was running through; its shape, its roughness, its color… Little by little I started gathering energy on my third eye, using it my magic can take any shape and be gathering faster, so I don’t care that much about a weird looking eye glowing red on my forehead…

At least, I released all the accumulated magic, infusing the ground with it; I could have done it slower, but we were moving so it would have been useless. I raised my hand without losing a second, and then a stone wall emerge from the ground, stopping completely the dogs from chasing us, it seems that their running speed made the hit stronger; I’m kind of sorry for them, but I would have been even more sorry inside their stomachs… The short persecution disoriented me a moment, but it looks like we were going to the east, not the route I wanted but well… too late to do any change.

And I stayed like that hours, riding a wagon through the plains going, apparently, no where. It is already night and I’m writing the diary, I would have been really bored without my routinely night chore. I guess I won’t be able to sleep in a nice house today again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic