illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHY NO ILLYTOOLS??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHY NO ILLYTOOLS??
    Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 14:53
Are they banned? If so, why? Did the author remove them? They show available in Chrome online store so why can't we access them??

Our alliance has been telling every new player to use "sweet spot" before settling to avoid landing in another players 10 sq. territory. Now what???

A suggestion to use the  ?pythagorean thereom? left me baffled.

So how can we know where not to settle?

Help Please  Cry  Dragonwort
Just another wrench in the works..
Llannedd View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Llannedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 15:28
For distance calculations I use this formula (Pythagorean Theorem) in Excel:

=SQRT(ABS(x1-x2)^2+ABS(y1-y2)^2)

The x's and y's are the map coordinates, so x1,y1 are the coordinates for the first square, and x2,y2 are the coordinates for the second square. ABS (absolute value) is necessary because Illy has the silly feature of using negative numbers for half of its map coordinates.

Or you can just count to 10 (roughly), and if it looks close just ask.

The Pythagorean Theorem is simple high school geometry.

Illytools was developed by a player who I don't believe is in the game any more, so probably the hosting site was shut down. It has no official connection to the game itself.

Edited by Llannedd - 18 Sep 2014 at 15:29
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 12:01
Hello gals'n guys!

let anybody interested in reviving/recreating here such a nifty tool as IllyTools conven here, so that we share the necessary effort?

If interested, post here, and igm to IbnSenna in the game…

is
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ficho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 09:57
Illy Tools were my eyes.

I really hope they just left us to come back better than ever.

Cool
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 16:57
Eaque, the creator of illytools, hasn't been around for some time. parts of the app required support from a server that he paid for himself. i don't use illytools, so i can't say with any certainty that that's the trouble, but the browser code hasn't changed any so it seems likely. it was a matter of time.
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ficho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 18:49
as a visually impaired person, to me this tool was of great help.

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 21:32
By any chance did someone get the source code for IllyTools?
auslander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auslander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 07:34
I managed to recover it from the browser cache, fixed the launcher and emulated the dependencies on JQuery libraries (I think), but the script still sends out requests to illytools.net. Unfortunately the code seems obfuscated and it's far from obvious where that request comes from. If someone knows their way around JS, I am willing to share it.
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 16:10
You might try to un-obfuscate with:
http://jsbeautifier.org/

But I'm afraid what you got from your cache is only the local part of the code, the main part residing on illytools.net server…
auslander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auslander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 07:31
I have the main illytools.js which is 20k gzipped and 50k unzipped as well as the launcher. Also I recreated the folder structure with the images.  So far I managed to get the 'Illytools loading' message in the console and next thing is this Ajax request to www.illytools.net (and the URL is not hard-coded in the script). Unfortunately the extent of my understanding of JS/jQuery is that a file must be in the specified place to run :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic