FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat to do with H?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
-hypocritical- View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 21:59

gigi hasn't been active in the last 6 hours...

maybe you are just unliked now that people know you destroy 22K cities for 1 attack 6 months ago?

but hey, anyones guess

also -HM-, I may be reading it wrong, but you are saying that if our allies defend us, that counts as war? for defending friends? I hope not, but if so I can see your reign has gone bitter already hardly the peaceful harmless your front pages sets you out to be

Edited by -hypocritical- - 29 Sep 2010 at 22:02
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 22:08
I know it's probably pointless but I'm gonna try one last time to dispell some myths (GM's - I think a new branch of magic is required):

1) "OMG H? is huge and so much bigger than anyone else!!!!111eleventy1"

The #2 and #3 alliances basically self destructed. When that happens there will always be a big gap to the new #2 and #3 for a while. Both White/Black and MK had leaders who made some terrible decisions which caused their own downfall, all we really did for most of the war was soak up their offense and diplos then counter attack when we had opportunities.

At the point the war started White/Black had more members and could easily have out grown us but they chose to focus on military too early and suffered for it - they started the war strong while we were trying to gear up but lost out long term due to lower production capacity. Goes back to my first point.

In conclusion - we have less than 50 members, we aren't likely to fill up and many of us are now approaching our pop/city limit and won't be growing much further (I don't plan to settle any more cities unless the mechanics change significantly) so it's easily possible for another single alliance to out grow us and easily possible for a coalition to form up and take us on - I see it as only a matter of time and I welcome that challenge.

2) "Once they finish with those guys whose next?"

At this time, no-one. We generally don't go looking for fights. There's usually someone always gunning for us such that we can simply sit back and let someone else make the first move. Besides which I anticipate being busy exploring all the new content that the awesome GM's are adding to this game.

3) "Razing XYZ's city is like totally unfair man and way out of proportion to whatever ABC suffered."

Let me remind everyone that the stated purpose of White and Black when they started this was to completely remove H? from the game. All of us, permanently.  Not a fun fight, not *some* damage but complete extermination and with many of our smaller, weaker and more isolated members they succeeded. There are many people who no longer play because of White/Black's actions (on both sides of the conflict).

So, with that firmly in mind, just taking/razing a city seems pretty much like a slap on the wrist by comparison. Some members of White/Black have suffered more than that but most of those had already abandoned the game before their cities were attacked. The whining seen from people over loosing a city (threatening to quit etc.) is particularly sad.

Anyone who still thinks it's unfair (Grog?) I offer the following. We'll give you to the same treatment the weakest H? members had to suffer (for weeks) and by the end of it I guarantee you'll agree that loosing a city or two for the perpetrators is pretty fair compensation/justice/revenge. I'am sure that many of our current members would be significantly (i.e. more than 1/8th) bigger had they not suffered at the hands of White/Black and had their growth stunted for a long time.

4) I think it's pretty sad that people feel they have to come up with this crap about us to justify having a go. I'd have a lot more respect for someone who just said "I wanna take on the largest alliance in the game and have some fun doing it, who's with me?" I'm fed up with all the rubbish being spouted about us so here's notice:

If you badmouth H? in Global or on this forum you might end up getting some game content from us that you might not like.

5) Finally, despite what The Resistance says above - anyone who participates in attacks against us or assists in the defence of our enemies is adding themselves to our potential target list.
Powong View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 22:10

So H? is about destroying a 22k city because 2 players had a fight 6 months ago, as they were beginers?

That sounds to be just a pretext to... cut the grass like said.

Edited by Powong - 29 Sep 2010 at 22:11
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 22:11
Originally posted by -hypocritical- -hypocritical- wrote:

also -HM-, I may be reading it wrong, but you are saying that if our allies defend us, that counts as war? for defending friends? I hope not, but if so I can see your reign has gone bitter already hardly the peaceful harmless your front pages sets you out to be

Please point out the part of our Alliance profile that says we are peaceful.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 22:40
What to do with H?
I'll tell you what we do with H?
We stop worrying about "Huge alliance zomg!!!" and play the game.
I am not amused.
Powong View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 22:46
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

If you badmouth H? in Global or on this forum you might end up getting some game content from us that you might not like.

Second stage of a dictature:   Censorship

Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

5) Finally, despite what The Resistance says above - anyone who participates in attacks against us or assists in the defence of our enemies is adding themselves to our potential target list.

Third stage of a dictature:  Erase any mass actions with mind control

Cut the grass not to be in danger is the last stage... but i definitely repeat myself

Edited by Powong - 29 Sep 2010 at 22:48
The Resistance View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 00:30
"5) Finally, despite what The Resistance says above - anyone who participates in attacks against us or assists in the defence of our enemies is adding themselves to our potential target list."

Hey, this was from the H? member who seemed to be leading the siege in General. He said he would be fine with people attempting to assist in resisting the siege, and wouldn't come after those who did. Are you saying we shouldn't believe the things your players have said? Because I know a few people who were strongly considering acting on that tidbit when it was brought simply because they thought it sounded like fun, rather than because of any real desire to fight H? I don't think its fair to punish them for something they believed in good faith, perpetrated by a member of your own alliance... but then, you're not really looking for legitimate enemies so much as an excuse, so I can't say I'm surprised.

And I stand by what I said - but obviously I was right to hide my identity. H? members have the taste for war now - despite what the leadership wants, soon enough they will be in other war. Look at some of the H? posters in this thread- they are visibly itching for a conflict.

I am NOT promoting any action against H? (except for the bit that an H? member actually okayed!) besides a general organization and preparedness to respond to an alliance that, from all appearances, is growing increasingly more hostile now that their enemy is gone.
some random guy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 00:44
as the Beatles said- let it be.
Soon, very soon, my name will become synonymous with chicken alfredo.... mmm.... chicken alfredo....
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 02:36
Originally posted by Powong Powong wrote:

SOme wacky stuff

Dude - I do not know which alternate reality you are looking at things in, or why you feel like you could possibly know enough about the situation to pass judgment, but whatever it is that you are smoking I would love to get hold of some too.
Powong View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 03:40

"SOme wacky stuff" ?

Anyway... im sure that what im saying is not really that idiotic.

Actually it's you (H?) who rules the game.  And you can do whatever you want, you will never suffer any retaliations. Nobody want to involved in your affairs because the one who do that ends alone against you. And in 1vs1 (alliance alliance) you are the winner.

Take this case as an exemple, one player of [Good] has problems with you, then his alliance get involved, but the other alliances are washing theyre hands and dont want to do anything against you.

Resistance has a good point asking alliances to do a coallition and prevent H? to do whatever they want.
But actually who is really ready to do a coallition in prevention?
That is no sensible. Because a coallition would be better than you. But you stop people by the fear. And what you said on  "5)"  and the non action of any other alliance to help [Good] is a proof.

You say that when many H? members will reach the max population, the others will reduce the difference of strenght.
But that is actually not the case. As it stands you can destroy some cyties to reduce the growth of some of your ennemies, or totally destroy them. And nobody will launch a reply as they are not targeted by you.

For me that is a dictatural system.

Edited by Powong - 30 Sep 2010 at 03:44
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic