FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:28
"By attacking other players is we cause harm to them and their property therefore it can't be called fun."
Sounds logical but it is not.

A. Attacker cannot cause harm to their property you cannot have property within a game. This game is property of Illyriad limited and could be terminated any moment (regardless your money you may or may not have put in it is not your property anymore) although developers have given intent not to.

B. Its possible people to feel emotional distress over things in the game it is unfortunate but not actual harm. You could also argue that since in the game there is no property (see A.) and "
Your acceptance of the possible consequences is implicit in playing any game."- (Quote form Brand there) feeling excessive emotional distress over the game is not healthy behavior.   

I do agree though that causing emotional distress for fun is not healthy either.

Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:30
If you suffer emotional distress from playing a video game, then you are playing the wrong video game.
asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:31
Nice example. 
asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:55
Over all thanks, i can now go on a rampage without any worries. Cheers.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 03:25
What, exactly were you worried about?

Consequences of digital "misbehavior" is strictly digital. Play the #!@&% game or don't. I suspect no one really cares one way or the other.
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 07:33
As a person with mental illness, I find it offensive that you conflate people who do not have consideration for the desires of others with people who have mental illness.  True, some people with mental illness fit that description, but many other people who do not have mental illness also fit the description.

Call them inconsiderate, call them jerks, whatever, but don't insult people who actually have mental illness by suggesting that these actions represent us.
asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:35
Okay no mental illnesses, but people who think only for themselves, so they know the best how others should do any given moment. But unable to control other people causes a breakdown, a feeling of being a weight to others.

That weight is countered by empathy, a delusion of an ability to feel how other people feel.

asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:52
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

What, exactly were you worried about?

Consequences of digital "misbehavior" is strictly digital. Play the #!@&% game or don't. I suspect no one really cares one way or the other.

Its ok now. 

i attack others is my story, and how the others deal with it is their story. In their story i am not a main character, perhaps i am there a jerk. But in my own story i am a hero, people love me.

Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 13:09
Originally posted by asr asr wrote:

Okay no mental illnesses, but people who think only for themselves, so they know the best how others should do any given moment. But unable to control other people causes a breakdown, a feeling of being a weight to others.

That weight is countered by empathy, a delusion of an ability to feel how other people feel.

Asr..that's called being selfish
Princess Botchface View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 13:49
Are you feeling okay, do you need to talk to someone? Maybe you should talk to someone about this because the way you are thinking about this doesn't make very much sense and you're being reactionary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic