illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Villages and towns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ABeton View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABeton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Villages and towns
    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 17:27
Hi guys, I am new to the game, and really enjoying it. I like both the depth and the slow pace.

I have a question concerning the game. Its probably not possible to implement this, but I will ask anyway. What if the game had much less huge and legendary towns? If most places were villages and small towns and the only way to get a legendary town is to feed it from smaller places? I guess this means that the land overall was less fertile, so players would have to choose if they will have a village or a town. Maybe something like this is already implemented but I see a lot of huge cities in some areas. It would be better perhaps to make huge cities harder to obtain, and to motivate players to fight for them more.

What are your oppinions on this? :)
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 15:21
Originally posted by ABeton ABeton wrote:

Hi guys, I am new to the game, and really enjoying it. I like both the depth and the slow pace.

I have a question concerning the game. Its probably not possible to implement this, but I will ask anyway. What if the game had much less huge and legendary towns? If most places were villages and small towns and the only way to get a legendary town is to feed it from smaller places? I guess this means that the land overall was less fertile, so players would have to choose if they will have a village or a town. Maybe something like this is already implemented but I see a lot of huge cities in some areas. It would be better perhaps to make huge cities harder to obtain, and to motivate players to fight for them more.

What are your oppinions on this? :)

The grind to getting more cities is hard enough - it doesn't need to be even harder. A big percentage of the players do not even have more than 10 cities - thats a huge difference compared to the maximum amount of 60.

In addition in a game that runs for now decades on the same server there are going to be a lot of cities available for capture and Prestige building is avalable - thus fighting for them isn't usually a good or efficient idea.

That said - starting with 50+ cities you already have to feed your cities. To get to the maximum amount of cities a lot of feeding is needed (you need to send every ~10h to keep the cities alive). So later on a similar mechanic already exists.

You need population to get more cities. But for most good and efficient city setups you do not need that much population. For example a 100% tax setup usually has around 20-21k population or even less.
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 22:05
Seems you can move to the arctic regions if you want a challenge like that, with your towns struggling to get to a decent population
ABeton View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABeton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 02:37
I guess getting to a lot of cities is a very hard task. I was just looking at the real life example where you usually have cities surounded with small villages that feed them. In the central region I just see all 20 or 30k cities, and its unrealistic. But this is a game after all so things go differently.
Skorg View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 04:39
the sov is the surrounding feeder communities 
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 07:01
Exept the sov that is similar, and with the curent system having a town biger than 25k and feeding it with food from a small village is very profitable... so in theory all these big town would like to have small villages feeding them . Also some small millytary villages could make use of the extra basic res big gold cities produse to be more efective ... at both examles the limite is the efort and the time need by the plaier ...but if there was a way to autorenew trade orders this would be solved .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic