Topic ClosedVALAR seeking terms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:10
TD, I have a lot of respect for you, but I welcome any overture from Valar members interested in peace.  Let's keep up the dialogue.  Thanks to Llyorn for acknowledging Cristina's request.
tallica View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:13
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

I do NOT speak for anyone but me, SJ.  There is no "court".  You have admitted that you want the freedom to fight any alliance anytime for no reason than your own pleasure.  VALAR championed you on that position.  That would be the precipitating event (i.e., straw that broke the camel's back) for the current war.  That's troublemaker enough in my book.  The "no mercy" thing is some fiction you created from whole cloth - a specialty of yours, I have come to learn.

Uno, no serious negotiations ever occur publicly.  If there are VALAR members that want out of the war, the first step is the easiest...you will find it on your alliance page, the button is labeled "Quit Alliance".  If you are unwilling to quit, then you have chosen to follow your leaders.  Which means more blood.

Agreed, I'm getting tired of people from Valar coming into GC claiming ignorance and asking why Valar is under attack. If they don't know why their alliance is under attack then they probably shouldn't stay in that alliance. If Valar is truly seeking peace, GC or these forums is not the place for it. Terms and discussions should take place in mail between Valar leadership and Coalition leadership, unless the Coalition chooses a single person to represent them all.

This war isn't just going to end because. The Coalition has a motive and a goal, and it is not necessary to bring that forward to us, the public. If any members on either side of the war do not wish to participate, then I suggest you take TDs advice and quit your alliance. Otherwise hush up, suck it up, put up your dukes and fight to the end.

</thread>
Uno View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:26
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Uno, no serious negotiations ever occur publicly.  If there are VALAR members that want out of the war, the first step is the easiest...you will find it on your alliance page, the button is labeled "Quit Alliance".  If you are unwilling to quit, then you have chosen to follow your leaders.  Which means more blood.

LOL, ok this is getting hilarious. First everyone likes to yell to the 4 winds that no word of peace will ever come from the Valar, but when it does everyone rushes to say that it doesn't count, for a number of reasons (valid or not, is it important?). While I agree that this is in no way an official offer for negotiations, it was a good chance for coalitions to show they are seriously pursuing something and ultimately a peace, but I don't see anything remotely comparable to what you all have been claiming. Anyways TD, both declarations of war and peace treaties and sometimes even part of negotiations occur publicly. Open a freaking History book and you will perhaps realize it. Your claims about declarations of intents belonging to the past and being uninteresting at this point, while the war is ongoing, border the pathetic. If you guys intend to nominate yourselves as the defenders of Illyriad gameplay you will better try and be transparent instead of suggesting everything should be kept secret and treating this whole issue as your "thing with Azreil and a few other guys". "I will only speak with Azreil". Bla bla bla. Which if you finally start to be honest, it is exactly what this all is about: a showdown with Azreil.

So far the peace solutions provided to the members of Valar are:
1) Overthrow Azreil (technically impossibile AFAIK)
2) Quit the alliance

What if they all quit the alliance and found one named Order of the Vaiar? Will it be all fun and games? You guys aren't being serious and most of all aren't being honest.

Edited by Uno - 30 Sep 2011 at 21:26
Eréc of Caer Uisc
King of Dyfneint
Indomiti Alliance
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:39
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Whether The_Dude intends to speak on behalf of all the coalition of 6 remains to be seen.
Thats trolling.

That's a legitimate statement, not a trolling attempt. You don't get to simply label every statement you disagree with as 1.) Troublemaking or 2.) Trolling.

THIS is trolling.

Clever little Jude, making his bed with Valar after baiting Champs. Howz your clever wordplay left you now? 

See how this works?

lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:48
dear UNO noone of the coolition has said anything about not wanting to talk.
i wish you would learn the diffrence between valar and the coalition and vallar supporters and coalitionsupporters.
now to make sure noone is confused
jude is a valar supporter
TD is a coalition supporter.
the coalition itself has said nothing to indicate they are not talking. or not taking this serious.
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
SirVulture View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:49
I must say I was hoping slightly more good would come from this than has so far. One of the primary grievances I have heard coalition leadership complain about Valar is their lack of diplomacy, yet when a member of Valar attempts diplomacy it is summarily dismissed. As CZ pointed out in general chat, you can't really expect Azreil to be open to diplomacy when one of the few stated goals of the coalition is his removal. I'd also like to think that the coalition leadership, in an attempt to make the game safer for sandbox players, wouldn't attempt to impose such harsh conditions on Valar that they would need to be kept secret from the general public whom both sides seem to be courting in a PR battle.

These thoughts represent merely my own opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Academy of Champions, Eternal Champions, any other coalition members or alliances, general chat, or anybody of any importance whatsoever and may be summarily dismissed by all who would like to do so.
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 21:49

Whether The_Dude intends to speak on behalf of all the coalition of 6 remains to be seen.
Thats trolling.

That's a legitimate statement, not a trolling attempt. You don't get to simply label every statement you disagree with as 1.) Troublemaking or 2.) Trolling.

THIS is trolling.

Clever little Jude, making his bed with Valar after baiting Champs. Howz your clever wordplay left you now? 

See how this works?

Umm. Sorry 'brah'. Nope.

If the coalition had ever stated TD spoke on our behalf then it would be a legitimate question. We didnt = He doesnt = It wasnt = Troll

Semantics fail Judy.

Awww and you thought you won one.

Im sure GC can spare a snuggle Wink

Edited by Llyorn Of Jaensch - 30 Sep 2011 at 22:07
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 22:01
From Uno, aka Erec:

LOL, ok this is getting hilarious. First everyone likes to yell to the 4 winds that no word of peace will ever come from the Valar, but when it does everyone rushes to say that it doesn't count, for a number of reasons (valid or not, is it important?). 

[/QUOTE]

I added the emphasis.

I direct your attention to this line in my post: Well done to CristinaZah for coming forward and opening the dialogue.

/me thinks she has been called a nobirdy
/me probably is a nobirdy
/me decides to laugh instead of being offended
Wink

Edited by Rill - 30 Sep 2011 at 22:10
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 22:06

Umm. Sorry 'brah'. Nope.

If the coalition had ever stated TD spoke on our behalf then it would be a legitimate question. We didnt = He doesnt = It wasnt = Troll

Semantics fail Judy.

Awww are you thought you won one.

Im sure GC can spare a snuggle Wink

TD stated, VALAR are at war for harboring and protecting Trolls. TD, is not officially at war with VALAR, but he may as well be as it is clear which side he favors in this conflict. But I digressed.

So, TD expressed his opinion of why the various alliances are at war with VALAR.

So, darling, semantics fail on your part, it IS a legitimate question. Since TD stated this is one of several reasons for VALAR being attacked, then it is a fair question for me to come here and ask, does TD speak on your behalf or no? You could have answered "Yes" or "No" to the question, but I think everyone knows you get as much a kick out of riling people up as I do.

In fact, I will be interested to see your reply, because if you continue to try an argue what amounts to an untenable position, you will 1.) show yourself to be trolling and 2.) subsequently reveal additional hypocrisy.
Have at it chief! (smiley face to show this isn't bothering me)

Awww are you thought you won one. 

Not sure what to call that fail, but I lol at your misfortune nonetheless.

Your serve Sir.

Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 22:09
St.Jude - Am I understanding all of this right, that you - at your limited population level - want to be free to attack other players, yet not be attacked by players larger than yourself?

Coz needless to say that would be a really...arrogant standpoint.

Its hard to follow the actual substance of threads when they go off topic in all directions with regular intervals.

We discussed the "Is it fair to attack an newbie" subject, now I think you need to answer - in as few words as possible - the question above.

Edited by Tordenkaffen - 30 Sep 2011 at 22:10
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic