Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unlimite the sov buildings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: are you agree to Unlimite the sov buildings ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [18.75%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [68.75%]
1 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unlimite the sov buildings
    Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 13:03

Unlimite the sov buildings so claiming more ground would make sense , I believe its easy ( for coding perpuse to be made ) , it will give a reason to claim areas . it would give a reason for sov more things than just food and mill , only negative (kidding ) efect is that will make the game more realistic cause people will want to have more area as and in real life.

I have some more ideas for future polls like :

1 ) unlimite the libraries available to a city ( but lowering their research points prodaction ) ,

2) auto harvest at sov sqouears ,

3) claimsov army ability ( similar to occupie ) ,

4) prodaction cost ( these workers must be paied ) when you use a production building you lose gold ( no more free prodaction for spear, plates , horses ) + sov on prodaction will make sense ( ex. 2000 gold per/ hour per/ level for every building has prodaction in )

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 13:31

Originally posted by Sif Sif wrote:

it would give a reason for sov more things than just food and mil

No, not really. Nothing really changes. People would go for the best or more efficient Sov - and that would still be food or military/diplo.

I do not see any real advantages of the changes. I do see a lot of disadvantages though:

Because chancery of estate exists lvl 1 sov would be quite efficient. Thus instead of 20 squares people would have Sov on 30-40 or even more squares (without doing the math).

Claiming and Changing/Switching Sov would be even worse and a lot more space would be occupied on the map.

People would have to move a lot of cities and change a lot of things. For what?

1 ) unlimite the libraries available to a city ( but lowering their research points prodaction )

Whats the upside? The downside is that you would have to use more building slots. With the research totem there is a good (and really powerful way) to get more research already.

2) auto harvest at sov sqouears ,

Activity should be rewarded. In addition using cotters is a good way for smaller players to make gold. With an easier way to get those resources they lose in value -> bad for new/smaller players.

3) claimsov army ability ( similar to occupie ) ,

Ok, would be fine for me. I would rather have a "Demolish all" and "Build max level" to make switching Sov easier.

4) prodaction cost ( these workers must be paied ) when you use a production building you lose gold ( no more free prodaction for spear, plates , horses ) + sov on prodaction will make sense ( ex. 2000 gold per/ hour per/ level for every building has prodaction in )

Whats the point? Make Kobolds/Sentinels even stronger?

Changes should improve the game. In my opinion only one of your suggestions does that. So why waste the time of the devs to implement them instead of implementing something more useful or more content?

Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 13:53

No, not really. Nothing really changes. People would go for the best or more efficient Sov - and that would still be food or military/diplo.===>>> food would not be a reason to go for from a limite after cause the pop would limite it need for food ………... mill / diplo would have 2 limites as well 1 ) the gold you have and 2) the res upkeep which with 20 builds it does not worth to go for res sov plots to suport hight mill level ……. the food mill sov is most effitient within the limite of 20 from a limite after I believe that would have space for differ kinds of sov

Because chancery of estate exists lvl 1 sov would be quite efficient. Thus instead of 20 squares people would have Sov on 30-40 or even more squares (without doing the math). ===>>>> I hope to be eficience to go for even more so people had to choose bettown close and unefitince or far and eficience

Claiming and Changing/Switching Sov would be even worse and a lot more space would be occupied on the map. ====>>>i consider these as a benefit cause even and in the alliances would cause some interaction of who will lose the most and who not.

People would have to move a lot of cities and change a lot of things. For what? ===>>>Don t have to..... only if they wanted to …..

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 14:51

No, not really. Nothing really changes. People would go for the best or more efficient Sov - and that would still be food or military/diplo.===>>> food would not be a reason to go for from a limite after cause the pop would limite it need for food ………... mill / diplo would have 2 limites as well 1 ) the gold you have and 2) the res upkeep which with 20 builds it does not worth to go for res sov plots to suport hight mill level ……. the food mill sov is most effitient within the limite of 20 from a limite after I believe that would have space for differ kinds of sov

Military/Diplo Sov is limited by resource upkeep. That is correct. The problem is that trying to fix a 3-plot resource with Sov is really inefficient (as it is a multiplier).

For military sov level 1/2 is the most efficient. You can sustain a lot of level 2 sov with the base resource production - thus you would probably run 30+ military sov and the rest food.

You cannot have enough food Sov. You require more population - true. But when running high taxes that is not really an issue (you need maybe 23k pop instead of 21k pop). And you get a lot more gold/h - thus it is worth.

As an example: With the addition of the research totem it was possible to run a lot more (food) Sov with 100% taxes. That gave me an increase in ~10k-15k gold/h compared to before.

I hope to be eficience to go for even more so people had to choose bettown close and unefitince or far and eficience

We already have that? So nothing new. And people would do the math once and mostly be done with it.

People would have to move a lot of cities and change a lot of things. For what? ===>>>Don t have to..... only if they wanted to

If you want a good setup then you have to. I would have to move half my cities i think.

Something that was good for years is now worse. With a valid reason people are unhappy but might accept it. But i still don't see a good reason?

DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 19:43
I like the idea of level 0 sov.  Instead of a building just get 25 g/hr to the host city and then give another 25 g/hr to the alliance as an alliance tax.  I say 25 g/hr since most spots have 25 res plots but you could certainly do some adjustments such as giving each square a gold value.  

This gives alliances something to fight over that isn't sieging cities.  What would suck about this is the chore aspect of claiming sov, sending out armies 1 at a time to claim 1 square at a time.   

I think instead you could do a 'sov encampment' that claims 9 squares at a time.  This also gives a good way to interact with factions since they could attack your sov encampment.  The factions themselves could do sov encampments but I imagine players would get really annoyed playing whack-a-mole with factions. 

This also gives incentive to spread-out cities as opposed to put all your cities in a tiny little square.
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 17:40
NO, just put your land claim on your alliance profile already Tongue
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 09:28
If any alliance has any updated land claim info I'll update the overlay on https://illystuff.uk/icm/index.html

Just get one of the alliance leadership to post the details in the illystuff forum thread or send a forum private message to Tensmoor.

Tens
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 20:28
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 20:29
That is already on his site
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 20:39
Indeed, maybe someone already confirmed it, it's different from the old roman Empire claim I take it, Koda? I still don't see it mentioned on the  [RE] alliance page.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic