illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underworld Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underworld Expansion
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 19:55
We've been collecting hearts and upgrading medals for months now.  We all recognize that Illy progresses forward one well-developed change at a time.  Is it time to help the creative minds with ideas as to where the Underworld invaders can take the game next?

(1) I argue against attacking cities or killing established harvesters or encamped armies of active players.  This would be too much for the smaller players without a reduction of Underworld spawn locations and group sizes.  The Omen folks in the BL did make holding the Calumnex square interesting with hourly hits. 

[Potential exception: It would be nice to see an in-game mechanism for the gradual destruction of cities of abandoned accounts, but this could be any of the NPCs/factions, or what if sab attacks on such cities could act as arsonists?]

(2) I propose the idea that these Underworld invaders attack NPCs encampments.  A sufficient number of attacks could limit access to anatomy resources.  They would need to consume the anatomies on the square before moving on.  But they could possibly leave behind hides or hearts of darkness, or just eat those too...  A little inflation and manufactured scarcity would imitate a natural disaster, this could keep things interesting in the market during the lull of summer.

Not having any other insight to the future of these buggers inside of the game it would be nice to hear from others what they think could happen next.  Let the story lines develop alongside the sandbox potential!

IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 14:57
"We all recognize that Illy progresses forward one well-developed change at a time"

well-developed
?!!! I'd rather tell the last developments were sketches, with a lot of opened threads, which were never pursued to a conclusive status!

Remember water-ways, rare herbs/minerals without use, or unseen on the map, announcements about factions AI, without mentioning mysteries nor magics...
AdmiralRage View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AdmiralRage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 19:35
It would be cool to see Underworld quests attached to Taverns (I think taverns are under used buildings and have demolished them all). You could have pro-Underworld quests (where you feed them cows or stuff) and anti-Underwold quests (kill x amount of Imps). Each side gives you a different category of rewards.
Garth View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 17:31
I was wondering if anyone has quantified the Underworlders' behavior yet? What is the range within they attack harvesters? Is there rhyme or reason to their aggression?

Namely: do I now need to send out a contingent of defensive troops with every gathering party?
Garthen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic