Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TVM - SHARK Conflict

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OrcDork View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrcDork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 17:21
My 2 cents time...

Everything I say below is my opinion only and does not represent any other individual, alliance or confederation.

I do not agree with the concept of land claims. However, whether LC is right or wrong is irrelevant as it is subjective. That being said, an alliance has the right to make a LC, but with that right they have the responsibility to deal with all consequences that arise. Regardless of the size of your alliance and your land claim, and regardless of the size of the opposition you face, you made the claim so you have to decide how you want to deal with it; you can't claim it as bullying (not that I am saying anyone is claiming that). The way I see it is you have 2 options:

1. Learn to live with those who have infiltrated your LC.
2. Try to reach a compromise;if that fails, declare war and fight until peace terms are agreed or someone outright wins/surrenders. 

No need for all the bickering Ouch

Whether or not SHARK is trying to disguise their reason for entering the LC space is irrelevant. They are there and its up to TVM and co. to deal with it, and it seems they are attempting to as they have tried diplomatic solution and failed and have now declared war. So many 'and's in that sentence Shocked

Lastly, I have read the proposal that this is an attempt by SHARK and co. to induce a 'server war' by forcing DSD's hand into coming to the aid of BL-DSD alliances. This seems far-fetched. They already hold the number 1 rank so if they want a war due to boredom or whatever reason (maybe they want to be the only confed in the game, I don't know), why move a whole bunch of cities to the BL to induce a server war, that lets face it, will be dominantly in Elgea. Does DSD think that SHARK is trying to draw them into the BL so they are weaker in Elgea? While Elgea DSD is in full support of BL DSD, I highly doubt Elgea DSD are going to be sending thousands of troops south and/or moving towns to support their confederates. I doubt that is the angle SHARK would work on, but hey, maybe they are and maybe they want DSD to think the way I'm thinking.

Anyway, only opinions, read it, don't read it, laugh, cry, criticize, agree, disagree, but make sure you having fun! Big smile   
palmz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palmz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 22:48
Sorry in my post I meant that if one side gets up, someone else could join in to kick them while they'er down, which could push them to far causing others to stop them from being wiped out. 

I do not think DSD as a whole will join this fight unless one of it's members is pushed to far. So as long as none of its members are pushed to the brink and this stays about Land Claims I think it is unlikely they will enter this fight as a whole.

The other thing that could happen is the banter in GC could be the reason this becomes a larger conflict. Also what happens if Shrkr city's get hit, are they non-combatants ? What if a Shrkr city moves in to the land claim now will it be then treated as a combatant?

As I am new my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, and I am a bit of a pessimist. Feel free to poke holes in my theories.
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 05:03
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

(i am also slightly amused by the idea that, by steadfastly refusing to recognise a land claim, SHARK has become part of the process of vetting it.)

very interesting indeed
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 05:43
for the record i approve of all clams i have never heard of 'land' clams but i have eaten the better known salt water clams and i just wanted to take this moment to say i like them. (breathe).
I am a Machine.
Alfred View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 14:24
Well, it's all abit of fun at the end of the day and I'm far too lazy to read through 100's of mails and dozens of posts for the history of it. 

Sooner the whole thing is settled the better... until then, I'm surrounded by reds which in all fairness have been good neighbours.

( Small town brawl! Party )
Sir A View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sir A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 21:26
Map of both sides.

Alfred View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 17:41
lol Siege starts at 4pop,  

City instantly rebuilds to 7.5k pop.
blockades broken
T1 Cav sent out blockades from ascreen away

Hyperspeed caravans then beat my t1 cav army to the event.
Good timing by shark, but p2w or broken game mechanics lol ;p 
Location + sending replacement blockades in under 1 min = fail.

Even if we hold vs new lands forces, they can just hold us their till mainland super-armies crush us if worse comes to worse ;p

PS: city up to 8.2 pop but the time I typed this ;p 

Edited by Alfred - 17 Oct 2015 at 17:42
Warning: may contain traces of sanity
( Current username Lord DeFault Ni old; King Alfred wCrow)
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 22:07
Prestige building and speeding incoming caravans makes warfare partially pay to survive.  However, an astute military general can overcome a player with deep pockets.
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agalloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 08:03
I say use every item available to win which the game provides. I imagine even the best players use prestige to enhance their game so why not use it to maximum effect?
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:06
Sieging a small 4k city was probably not a good idea given the game mechanics.
If the blockades are broken, which they are, even if smaller ones keep popping up here and there, then a few caravans is all it takes to rebuild lower levels.  The town is now at 6.4k which is still higher than when the siege started.  As always, without  blockade and siege working together, it is difficult to capture or raze a city.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic