illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trade in Hedgor's Haven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 15:07
Another high profile trader has appeared in Hedgor's Haven. Artahm has arrived as well. Prices are very competitive with Centrum, and in many cases superior. Early orders tended to be big and infrequent, but now the volumes are becoming smaller and more steady. I am curious about the Elgean traders who are buying but not posting sell orders. Maybe they are shipping back to Centrum for a profit, or purchasing equipment for nearby alts? Or maybe just building stockpiles and waiting for favorable pricing.

Definitely more activity down here than even a week ago.
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 18:52
Open orders at HH up to 235 as of today.   Up almost 20% over last week.

Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:12
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

There were probably only 50 sane orders in Hedgor's Haven, so another 40 represents a doubling of market-priced orders that reasonable people will fill.

As a low-volume skinner and trader in HH, I'd like to add something to this quote above. Prior to Brand and other professional traders arriving at the HH hub and placing fair, reasonable Buy orders, there was -- and continues to be -- a shylock who has been putting up Buy orders on anatomies and other items at shameless prices. As an example, two traders in Centrum have Buy orders for Wolf Teeth for 525 and 505 per tooth, respectively, whereas the only Buy Order in HH, from another trader, is priced at 125 per tooth. I would like to sell my wolf teeth in HH, but I refuse to do so at gougingly deflated prices. I'll just sit on them. (Well, not literally -- that would hurt.)

I encourage the sellers in HH to not give in to gutless, opportunistic buyers who are the only game in town for a particular item and are gouging on price just because they think they can. Hold your stock until more fair and competitive Buy orders come into the marketplace.

Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 13:10
That behavior was popular in the new player ring as well. I think it's the one positive result of giving everyone Centrum visibility from all cities at any distance. People can use Centrum as a price reference so they don't get ripped off. I just wish you could selectively enable or disable Centrum visibility to prevent cluttering the market screen. But I digress.

You see crazy orders everywhere, Jejune. They do seem especially widespread in the Broken Lands hubs.
Gul'Dan View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gul'Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 17:55
Very well guys! We will get this hub up and running. I too have sent help in getting this going, with all types of product!

I recommend sending traders to Moonglave (Kingsland), as well as, Sebring (Southern Western Realms)! I'm attempting to get the trade in the western areas.

Thank you folks!

EDIT: I have changed one main hub to Virten. Check this topic out : http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/western-hubs_topic6144.html

Edited by Gul'Dan - 12 Feb 2015 at 20:50
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 20:39
Open orders at Hedgor's Haven up to 261 as of this afternoon.  HH has come a long way in the past 4 weeks.  Thanks to those who have supported it.  

Nice to see new people showing up with trades.

Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 01:22
In 2 days HH has jumped to 283 open orders.

Good momentum.
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 01:21
Open orders at Hedgors at 345 this evening.  

Good deals for players in BL.  Cheaper hides than centrum.  Everyday I see new players trading there.  If you have a spare trader send him down to Hedgor's Haven.

Stukahh
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
DasDwarf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasDwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 04:26
There are some small orders for SS swords and plainsmen chain if anyone is looking to unload some at a fair price :)
DasDwarf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasDwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 22:01
Open orders at HH up to 365 as of today.  With some really big buy and sell orders at fair prices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic