Topic ClosedTrade chat? Why not black market chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Turtie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 02:04
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Trading through Faction Hubs is awesome.
Graphs/Charts/Data is all wonderful.  It would be even better if ALL transactions were actually recorded instead of shady characters setting up their own barter systems 'off-hub'.
Spare me the BS excuses of learning curves, taxes etc - and help advance the game.  

Don't hinder one aspect of the game that has so much potential.

now I may be reading into future releases a bit much but. . .these hubs could fight FOR you in the future. . .or AGAINST if you chose to not have a relationship with them. . .

Silverleaf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:40
so - Because someone seeks to  avoid a system that hinders profitable trade and  PENALIZES competition and turns to means and  markets in which to compete that don't penalize them - they are shady ? LOL Really no shadier than a tax system that charges you merely for posting a POSSIBLE sell and penalizes you even if it dont and you decide that you might need to change it  Right - I will keep that in mind  while i am counting the gold i didnt have to pay to an unjust tax system  
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 18:48
The graphs/charts/data reflect only the local hub and thus don't provide much in the way of meaningful information -- certainly not anything that a trader who paid reasonable attention to the market couldn't glean just by observing.  In theory they could be a wonderful thing, in practice they are not really worth the effort of having a trader there, with the possible exception of Centrum, which has become the de facto centralized market.
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 20:49
Those charts are very useful. Of course you have to have several traders to fully benefit from them. Sometimes it is very nice to know which resource is produced in the area and can be bought cheaply and which resources should be shipped to that trading hub. To say that Centrum is the only working hub is very untrue. It is true that it is the hub with most traffic, but I for example do only about 25%-30% business in Centrum. Basic resource trade can only be done locally and many players simply didn't invest in traders and associated buildings/research.

Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 04:22
I agree. My experience is that trade activities in local hubs are much more profitable. Most of the interesting deals I make in more isolated hubs. I kind of stoped my activities at Centrum.
You like Democracy? Join the Old Republic!
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 04:49
My experience is the opposite to Janosch. I have a trader in Centrum, and four additional traders in four local hubs. Other than Tundale (which is close to me so I use it for storage) none of the local hubs are useful, and I'd like a way to kill off the traders there to save on their maintenance cost. Prices are (almost) always worse than at Centrum, and the selection of items is quite meagre by comparison.

Gossip Boy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 09:59
I prefer trading in hubs over black market because hubs give  you storage space and you aren't afraid of being thieved there.Also you can compare prices which i don't think is that easy in the blackmarket.

I do agree that centrum has emerged as the single most important hub but I think other hubs such as zhuhai/humayan are also catching up. Currently, zhuhai can provide herbs, salts and some minerals at a cheaper price than centrum and I can foresee emergence of similar such hubs in west and north elgea.

Currently, I 've traders in centrum,zhuhai, the barracks and humayan. The later two contribute 15% each to my revenue generation while centrum and zhuhai have a share of 30% and 40% each :)
Elessar2
[08:34]<Rill> when you've just had part of your brain taken out, you lack a certain amount of credibility
<KillerPoodle> I can say anything I like and it is impossible to prove or disprove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic