illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tracking animals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tracking animals
    Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 16:00
im really wondering now since animals have certain parameters to where they migrate and such.
has anyone figured out the migration behaviour?terretorial behaviour? and hunting behaviour of the animals yet?

and is there a way or will there ever be a way to track the animals so we can learn all of this?
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 17:55
I am interested in this, but the only thing I've noticed is that brown bears seem to become more numerous in the spring.  (Maybe they hibernate in winter?)  It seems like they are moving from south to north to me, but I haven't been methodical enough about watching them to be sure.

I make these observations in Tamarin and Laoshin.
AmosCB View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmosCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 21:11
  Yum bear meat   sorry Koda 
soulds like I shoud get closer Rill LoLAngry
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 21:39
If you enjoy hunting, I wouldn't recommend Tamarin.  We don't have the plentiful animal life you see in some of the southern areas like Mal Motsha, Keshalia and so on.  But there are other reasons to live here, of course!   Like the nine months of winter ...
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 23:35
Originally posted by AmosCB AmosCB wrote:

Yum bear meat   sorry Koda 
soulds like I shoud get closer Rill LoLAngry

Its ok to kill some bear but when you start to kill all bears you to meet 

Edited by kodabear - 31 Mar 2014 at 23:39
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 06:42
We ran some experiments in Trome, trying to exterminate anacondas and selectively grow scorpions. Neytiri and Snagga helped me with this.

This was done with the assumption that since Trome was surrounded by sea, animals not spawned in Trome wouldnt come to Trome. We observed that animals (anacondas and jaguars) spawned in the adjacent sea waters and moved to the land.

In the end, scorpion numbers grew a little (used to be 'few' and 'several', they became 'many' and 'gathering'). But even the anaconda population grew because for every group of 'several/pack' anacondas killed, the sea generously provided a 'gathering' and sent them to the land Ouch

Edited by Ander - 01 Apr 2014 at 06:43
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 06:47
Two small groups of scorpions would merge to form a bigger group. A group of anacondas and scorpions meeting will leave only one group out, with diminished numbers and a lot of animal parts (of anacondas and scorpions) behind.

A group moving in a straight line will alter the course if they meet sea.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 06:49
Sending food in caravans to elephants doesn't help them grow. I love elephants! Unhappy
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 06:54
maybe elephants eat wood?
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 08:48
how did you manage to selectivly grow the scorpions ander? i want to know please, anyone with some infortmation please post here we must preserve our illy wildlife (or whats left of it in some areas)
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic