Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tournament VI - Dark Harvest - Rules and Prizes!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTournament VI - Dark Harvest - Rules and Prizes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 07:56
Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

1st Place: 6000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, an Alliance Tournament Statue, and a tournament victor's Gold Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
2nd Place: 4000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Silver Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
3rd Place: 2000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Bronze Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.

Why is prestige being given just to the alliance pool and not individual players anymore? This allows for some serious abuse of an alliance leader in that they could immediately kick everyone from the alliance and take the prestige for themselves or could potentially lead to unfair distribution of prestige. 
Vibs View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 09:58
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

1st Place: 6000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, an Alliance Tournament Statue, and a tournament victor's Gold Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
2nd Place: 4000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Silver Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
3rd Place: 2000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Bronze Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.

Why is prestige being given just to the alliance pool and not individual players anymore? This allows for some serious abuse of an alliance leader in that they could immediately kick everyone from the alliance and take the prestige for themselves or could potentially lead to unfair distribution of prestige. 

Not sure of the abuse by leaders but I agree that individual players should be awarded some prestige too provided they have taken part!
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 13:34
The Alliance Prestige pool didn't exist last time. It does now, so Alliance prizes can go to the Alliance.

Alliances require teamwork to win these things. I trust that teamwork can be extended to the prizes as well.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 13:53

[494|840] in UrsorSmall Forest

So many squares in ursor are mountains.. and this turns out to be a forest Cry
Eternal Fire
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 14:00

The Alliance Prestige pool didn't exist last time. It does now, so Alliance prizes can go to the Alliance.

Alliances require teamwork to win these things. I trust that teamwork can be extended to the prizes as well.

Luna

My take as an alliance leader is that alliance prestige is a hassle to administer.  Fortunately I don't imagine my alliance will be in any danger of winning one of the prestige prizes, so it doesn't really matter to me what they are.
Kabu View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 15:28
I didn't expect another tournament so soon! Thanks for the action. :-)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 15:35
Does it bother anyone else that there's no way to tell who is currently occupying a tournament square?  The alliance listed on the "Squares" overview page is the alliance that has collected the most squares so far.  The square detail page lists the battles, but of course not who won, and then also includes a list of people who have gotten souls on the square, information which makes the "Top Alliance" on the Squares overview page redundant.

I personally would VASTLY prefer to have the alliance that is CURRENTLY OCCUPYING the square (at least as of the last hour mark) represented on the Squares overview page.  The overall square leader might be set in the first two weeks of the tournament and then never change for some squares that could be hotly contested later on, and this page will never show relevant information.
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 18:03
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I personally would VASTLY prefer to have the alliance that is CURRENTLY OCCUPYING the square (at least as of the last hour mark)

Isn't that what the "last reaper" thing shows in the tourney squares page for?
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 18:47

Luna

But why should teamwork need to be extended for something like prizes? Especially when awarding prestige is something much easier for a developer to do than it is for an entire alliance to do? it seems ridiculous to have to work for a tourney and then work to make sure our members get their proper reward. 

Besides, even if people don't abuse it and kick players from the alliance, there is the issue of unfair prestige distribution. It would be extremely difficult for an alliance to tell who was involved in the tournament and who was not, meaning if an alliance of 100 players won but 25 of those players did nothing to contribute, there would be no way to tell and thus, they were receive a cut of the prestige. Where as if the devs sent it to players individually, that wouldn't happen and may reduce the number of people not doing anything, hoping their alliance will pick up on their slack. 

If players want the prestige won to be in the alliance pool they could donate it after it was awarded directly to them. The idea of placing it in the alliance pool seems to be all negative on the player side. 
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 21:29
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I personally would VASTLY prefer to have the alliance that is CURRENTLY OCCUPYING the square (at least as of the last hour mark)

Isn't that what the "last reaper" thing shows in the tourney squares page for?
The devs adopted Rill's suggestion before you posted... ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic