Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Long Road to the Top if You Wanna Rock n Roll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Long Road to the Top if You Wanna Rock n Roll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 07:56
I posted a response here.

Edited by Rill - 15 Apr 2012 at 08:33
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 08:01
Then I recognized the futility of the endeavor.

Edited by Rill - 15 Apr 2012 at 08:34
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 08:35
Lol
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 14:33
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I was actually trying to call out everyone who snuggles, huggles, sniggles and whatever other dripping form of greeting there is. I'm just not a snugly chat fan but I do not have a problem with all of the lame touchy feely crap that usually goes on in the snugly crowd.

But this is quite brilliant! LMAO!
Subatoi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 16:31
*notices his other members posted tidbits of philosophy*
uh.. if we are referencing the war.. Big smile

I wake up in the morning feeling like Aetius
Grab my sword,  , ima pillage this hamlet, 
before i leave, talk some "trash" in the Global Chat
cause when i leave for the fight, i aint a comin back

I'm talkin  rallying all my members (members)
gathering all our weapons (weapons)
 GC blowin up my inbox (inbox)
swords clashing, killing enemy soldiers..
pulling up the sieges
trying to get a new towwwnn..

dont whine
show some proud
BV blow his armies up
 tonight ima fight
till I get a new capital
But the war won't stop
no oh oh oh whoa oo whoa oh
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh

Aint got a care in the world
 but got plenty of bows
aint got enough pop for a city
but im a already sieging!
and now the snuggler are lining up
cause they hear we attackin
but we kick em to the curb
lest they look like Pelagia..

I'm talkin
everybody havin fun(fun)
GC trying to break my siege(siege)
I break out a few puns(puns)
at night we going be kicked out
the GP's shut us down (down)
Gg 's shut us (DOWN)

dont whine
show some proud
BV blow his armies up
 tonight ima fight
till I get a new capital
But the war won't stop
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh

dont whine
show some proud
BV blow his armies up
 tonight ima fight
till I get a new capital
But the war won't stop
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh

I built my armies  up
you break them down..
my heat pounds yeahhh
yeah yous got me..
call back my armies
yeah you got me now
I built my armies up....
You break them down..
my heart is pounding yeah
Pulling back with my hands up
with your armies up
with everyone armies up!

but the wars dont start till i walk in..

dont whine
show some proud
BV blow his armies up
 tonight ima fight
till I get a new capital
But the war won't stop
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh
dont whine
show some proud
BV blow his armies up
 tonight ima fight
till I get a new capital
But the war won't stop
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh

Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 19:05
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I was actually trying to call out everyone who snuggles, huggles, sniggles and whatever other dripping form of greeting there is. I'm just not a snugly chat fan but I do not have a problem with all of the lame touchy feely crap that usually goes on in the snugly crowd.

But this is quite brilliant! LMAO!

I agree. Are you such a good propagandist, Bonfyr, that you believe your own twisting of logic? Like a lot of elements of this thread, I could take apart the web of your arguments with a feather duster, and still I don't think it would do any good.

However, to my knowledge, HugCr has done nothing towards TLR besides embody the trait of "giving a warm welcome to newbs", so EF claiming that the Snugglers (or is he talking more generally about "GP's", a nice 'them vs. us' term) are or have been "lining up" during this embogglement is patently inaccurate.

I understand you guys don't like the practice of warmly greeting new players and giving them gifts (of both res and answers) to help their first day or two go a little smoother; I, for one, knew, Illy was a different kind of game the minute I joined and was welcomed into the community, and was then able to explore the game at my own pace, with a wonderful wealth of knowledge at my fingertips in GC.

As for your hugophobia, I think they have a cream for that ;)

Edit: change formatting a bit; using iPad is a little clumsy at times

Edited by Bartozzi - 15 Apr 2012 at 19:06
Subatoi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 20:30
Well I won't speak for bonfyr, that's his fight and he can handle it on his own. However, when did we start getting on the assumption that TLR dislikes Hugcr?  Two of my former members reside there and although I'm not quite sure what a small sniggle is, since they are still there I trust they are happy.

That song, I'm assuming you are referencing the song was spoofing everything. If you can't have a giggle then I pity you.   

My members and I answer new player questions when we see them and if we know the answers to the question, just because we don't ship out resources to every player that begs for them does not make us bad players, nor alliance leaders. 
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 20:46
Right on, I respect that. I'm not sure what a Crazy sniggle is, either, but neither am I sure what a Great Prophet is. And for the record, I thought your song parody was pretty well done :) I was just commenting on the use of the word snugglers in it.
I wish you all the best, in all fairness (such as can be found in the world..), and let us all enjoy the game!
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 20:51
Please take the arguments apart and use whatever instrument you like. An actual debate as opposed to the usual barbs, jabs and ad hominem attacks would be welcome.

I posted a description of the player I think TLR is a good fit for. I defined a difference observed in the GC community. The tone of the replies look to me to be overly defensive. Perhaps the words written were far too open to interpretation, that is my fault but there seems to be a distinct "gotcha" thing going on here. I admit the word "hug" has a meaning in Illyriad that it does not anywhere else. I acknowledged that and I appologized for my missing the boat. I was directing my post to, among others the players who find themselves disliking the GC activity due to the snuggling.

It is not a surprise to anyone that we exist but I know now that I am on the wrong side. I understand that if I am to be where I am most comfortable I am to be ostracized by the rest of the community, no matter how much effort I put into walking on eggshells. I was under the impression that there were actual intellects roaming around the halls of the forum but I now see that they are robots too.
Lessons learned:
I cannot have friendly, sometimes heated debates with fellow Illyrians and I cannot expect those Illyrians to treat me with respect once they realize I will not be swayed. I cannot point out potential issues I see without having these same Illyrians assume the worst.

Rules for players:
1. Like it when you are hugged and hug them back.
2. Have a lot of patience for those who are clearly less than yourself...
3. ...until they say something you can interpret to be a direct attack on you personally.
4. Suggest that armies are for grown-ups, but don't say grown-ups.
5. Illiriad is a social network and wargaming will not be tolerated by the pacifists.
Bonfyr Verboo
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 01:13
IMO, the word "hug" or "snuggle" is mostly used as a representation of the handshake or hug most people do when greeting friends in RL. So I see no harm in it in a group of friendly people online. I am aware a lot of people don't like it, and I personally do my best to give them the "space" they desire. 
From recent conversations on GC, it's obvious to me the community has the capacity for all sorts of tones, themes, topics, etc.; and again, the hugs & snuggles are more like handshakes. Sure, it devolves into complete and utter silliness sometimes. So what? I thought we were lightening up a bit?

As for your list of rules, I'll let them stand for themselves, understanding the point you're getting after. I think we've probably muddied up your recruitment thread a bit too much, and I apologize for any part I had in it. If you'd like to debate the perceived "difference" in another thread, I'm sure there are plenty of players who might like to put in their two cents. Or maybe no one cares Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic