Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 19:43
Has anyone ever figured out how the sun/moon/planet work in illy? The key problems are caused by the fact that illyriad seems to be based on a flat world.

One of the problems is the nature of climate in illyriad; if the world is flat then why are there seasons and why do the north and south of it have arctic conditions whilst the equator is deserts/jungle?

Another problem is the moon. There is clearly a moon as we have lunar cycles which alter how research and magic are produced however there are also no tides which you would expect given there is a lunar cycle. Also, if the world is flat then is the moon also flat?

Finally, if the world is flat, how deep is it? There are volcanoes so clearly there is some depth for magma chambers and a crust to be present. Does this mean that there are 6 sides to the planet of illy? What's on these other sides?
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 21:11
Um, because its pretend?
I am a Machine.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 21:21
 "They" are trying to keep us down by saying it's a flat world. It's a conspiracy I tell you! Centrum isn't controlled by council of illyriad, it's the council of illuminati! They control all trade and now they are trying to control our minds as well, by saying Illyriad is flat!  Wacko

The sages in my towns still think for themselves. They calculated illyriad is in fact round. As round as a pancake Geek
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 21:44
Illy is actually cylindrical, and we are inside the cylinder. There are forum posts somewhere. Perhaps in the forum?
I am a Machine.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 21:53
are you questioning my sages? I bet your're one of "them". Causing confusion and all thatWacko

Edited by Corwin - 12 Oct 2017 at 21:55
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:18
Originally posted by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Mr. Ubiquitous Feral wrote:

Illy is actually cylindrical, and we are inside the cylinder. There are forum posts somewhere. Perhaps in the forum?

If its cylindrical, in which direction can you keep going?

.... and how does that answer Eowan's questions (which he stole from me in GC)?
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:50
In this game Environmental changes are currently confined to the effect of the seasons on resource growth and availablity.

The Lunar Cycle phase effect the strength of spells Geek
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:56
Illyriad can't be a cylinder otherwise we could travel from the western realms to keshalia.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 15:06
... and since the length of day does not change, Illy does not tilt. I conjecture that the sun follows an up-down variable oscillating motion - higher in summer and lower in winter.  I cannot tell whether it does this to the east or the west (It cannot be north or south - the ice, you see). The moon then orbits the sun above the plane. This resolves a lot of issues but the tides and gravity in general are a problem. We need Newton.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 15:30
... and I think Eowan means astronomical bodies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic