illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Horror Has Stirred (May-2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
MacheteV97 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacheteV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 18:54
Yes, I am still waiting.
My last attack is 1 day and 21 hours away!
Once orc, always orc!

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 14:07
Checking on forums archive about moon phases, I dug out the following post:
Freyja View Drop Down

New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote&nbsp;Freyja Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2017 Jan 10 at 13:12
Tentacles escaped from towns on the 1st NEW moon after the heart stopped beating, and the New Moon is mentioned in the system message that players got when that happened.

Other parts of the quest could be based on other moon phases though. I wouldn't rule it out.

I totally agree with Rill that people are not going to want to send the best commanders, and they tell me so. All the time. That's like the first thing some people say to me when I'm talking about feeding the heart, like before I get a wise ideas or anything. They are also not going to send units that were tourney prizes. Although, Nesse did send his elemental units and they are the only thing that has ever come back.

Someone said, here in a forum thread, that they figured it took 250K of attack to corrupt a square, and didn't think it was based on the number of units. I sent an army with slightly over 250K attack (about 30K kobolds) and nothing happened. I've sent several of those and nothing happened. I tried upgrading heroism and close quarter penetration (for spear unit attack), and sent another army with 250K of attack, but with a commander fully upgraded for attack skills and less troops. Nothing. And many others have said similar things and tried things like I did. So, I'm not convinced that it is attack, and think it's an insane amount of units.

A lot of us have been talking lately about the moon phases and a coordinated arrival, so let's do it. The next full moon is February 11 and we can do a coordinated arrival for February instead of sending on the 1st. Many of us will need to send in the first few days of the month anyway, so it won't really be that different from what was already planned.

Let's go with 00:01 on Feb 11 as the arrival date and time, and we'll see what happens.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 19:28
Full Moon, first night after HoC 'dormition'…

All set in my two test cities…

But, most probably, from previous 'Audrey events', we should wait for the next New Moon.

Any relevant message, anybody, meanwhile?
aka ibn(whatever), or computer science developers…
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 22:01
If its NEW moon then we still have 2 weeks to wait.

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:40
Full moon is over.
Has anybody received a notification or message about the tentacles?

Seemingly, nobody!
So, now, we should prepare for the next New Moon, as last chance to get some info about the mystery.
(btw, it would be useful to compile whatever info we got about the last period of activity, dates, moon phases, rates of corrupt units, etc.)
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 15:40
if nothing (meaning 'NOTHING!' :-) ) ) happens next New Moon, I'll venture and petition the devs about  the relevance of the mystery…
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 23:37
I'd like to report that I have nothing to report.  :(
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:16
Ditto
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:04
lol to everybody wthout any report!

Let's barce up for next New Moon, and if not any symptom of any activity, place questions to the devs?

Best to all,

Hopper (etc.)

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:21
*brace up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic