Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Demise of Training Alliances
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Demise of Training Alliances

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 298
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 16:02
Originally posted by Glin Glin wrote:

Originally posted by Pellinell Pellinell wrote:

Originally posted by Glin Glin wrote:

Originally posted by Merlinus Merlinus wrote:

I'd love to see clear evidence of your claim, Glin. Please?

No. I will not publicly talk about it. 

I do not subscribe to the belief that any single alliance is all good, above reproach, or even that anyone pne person here should demand my explanations. What next- you try to discredit me for not saying something you can dig into?

These games are tiresome. Not all in this game are whom they try to portray themselves to be. Persons in T? are neither more nor less an example of that statement.



You won't talk about it because it isn't true. I was in T? for 3 years and leadership for over 2. Never did T? ever break their neutrality stance. So you are either misinformed or a liar. 
Just because I disagree with this statement   

 actively neutral, we make it a priority that our members stay out of all disputes, politics and skirmishes. ]


does not make me a liar. Stop with the name calling. There is no need for that. 


OK Glin so you're not a liar just a teller of untruths. Better ? 
Back to Top
Consul Zynot View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 08 Aug 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 110
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consul Zynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 18:33
Clap
Back to Top
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar
Player Council - Ambassador

Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 982
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 18:36
Settle down, children. Let's stick to the topic.

I've always felt training alliances didn't really need specific protection, just because the high risk nature of conflict made any alliance that went out of its way to be neutral fairly safe, and I think that's even more the case these days.
Back to Top
Kavenmetack View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavenmetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 02:11
Originally posted by Merlinus Merlinus wrote:

I began this game on the same day that, after some really wise counsel, I applied to, and was accepted by Toothless?. 

In my first week as a member, I was nearly (and only due to the generosity of the then-Chancellor was I not) kicked out of that Alliance because I posted a non-neutral position in the Forums. One. Not two. I was on probation for a long time because of that unintentional error, but I learned that when my TRAINING Alliance said neutral, no matter what--they fully meant it. It was my dream then that, upon graduation, I would be chosen to remain within T? as a member of faculty because that is what I greatly wished to do. I had reached both the town and population limits for general membership in that Alliance, and was told by a new Chancellor that I was not being asked to remain; that I must graduate from T?. 



Merlinus you have a nice long post Clap may i ask why T? wouldnt let you stay in T?
Back to Top
Kavenmetack View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavenmetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 02:26
Originally posted by Glin Glin wrote:

Originally posted by Merlinus Merlinus wrote:

I'd love to see clear evidence of your claim, Glin. Please?

No. I will not publicly talk about it. 

I do not subscribe to the belief that any single alliance is all good, above reproach, or even that anyone pne person here should demand my explanations. What next- you try to discredit me for not saying something you can dig into?

These games are tiresome. Not all in this game are whom they try to portray themselves to be. Persons in T? are neither more nor less an example of that statement.



you already have alot less credit because you hiding behind a unknown name. you cant say thin unless you can back it up but no one follows this. 
Back to Top
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tennessee USA
Status: Offline
Points: 81
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 03:49
@Kavenmetack:

The reason was because the alliance was full, and there were no permanent positions open. At least, that was what I was told. If there were any other reason, I am not aware of it/them. Smile
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
Back to Top
Kavenmetack View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavenmetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 06:32
Originally posted by Merlinus Merlinus wrote:

@Kavenmetack:

The reason was because the alliance was full, and there were no permanent positions open. At least, that was what I was told. If there were any other reason, I am not aware of it/them. Smile

ok thank you for answering 
Back to Top
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2014
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 127
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 01:19
Anyways, back to the actual thread, now that the name callers have chilled:

Training alliances can be advantageous to players. It can also be advantageous to other alliances.

ex: new member gets lots of res and advise from leaders. that is great if the leaders have actually been n pther alliances and know hoe to train members in different aspects of the game. It would be wise to build Guilds with in training alliance consortiums for that purpose.

Also, leaders of alliances will see the commitment of the player by how fast they grew, how seady they grew, what reputation they earned and how much knowledge the training alliance has a rep for instilling in members.

Sort of like what kind of joint you go to buy a used car. Not all car salesmen are equal- if equal had a decisive term in the Illy vocab. 

As for neutral---who cares if they remain neutral or not? Especially if the alliance makes it clear they are neutral. What is important is that they 'mother' alliance can cover their A if a newb PO someone. 

Know what I mean?  :P
Back to Top
Kavenmetack View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavenmetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 02:23
Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:


Illy has changed since then. There are no longer training alliances aiming at sending recruits to the mother alliance, and I think even H? can no longer protect T?


Two questions. One why would it matter if training alliance send members to the mother alliance? Yes in the past the bigger alliances couldnt take the time to teach newbies and help them with res. So they made training alliance but even back than they did just go to the mother alliance. Second question. What do you mean H? cant protect T?? what threat could H? dont be able to handle vCrow? Shade? mCrow? any alliance that is bigger than H? right now? because all of these alliance would never attack T? or any training alliance.


Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:


I do not think that Alliances calling themselves 'Training Alliances' should have a special protection place because they call themselves that. All alliances take in new people and train them. Nor do I think that other alliances should rush in to help 'because they call themselves a training alliance'.



The reason that training alliances have this special protection is that most training alliances dont have a strong Military and most of the members are newbies who cant really defend themselves. My question is that have you seen training alliance abusing this special protection? because i have not.

Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:


I am pretty sure many players know this already. This coming from a HUGger should say something.



What does you coming from HUGger have to do with anything? Last I checked HUGger wasnt a training alliance or has a training alliance of thier own 

Back to Top
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: Laoshin
Status: Offline
Points: 1171
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 21:09
Originally posted by Kavenmetack Kavenmetack wrote:

Yes in the past the bigger alliances couldnt take the time to teach newbies and help them with res. So they made training alliance but even back than they did just go to the mother alliance.
this has not been the case during my three-year tenure in the game. no alliance that can't train its new recruits would be able to set up a training alliance worthy of note. the training alliances that existed when i joined the game were all nominally independent, with T? taking great pains on its page to explain its relationship with H? (one of sponsorship, not patronage). i can't exhaustively say why these junior branches were begun, but i'll venture that most were motivated by a combination of wanting to make space in the senior branch and wanting to continue recruiting even during wartime. the innovations of convalescing military players and protecting alliance assets in "training alliances" have come along more recently.

Originally posted by Kavenmetack Kavenmetack wrote:

My question is that have you seen training alliance abusing this special protection? because i have not.
see above. yes, these things are actually happening.

Originally posted by Kavenmetack Kavenmetack wrote:

Second question. What do you mean H? cant protect T?? what threat could H? dont be able to handle vCrow? Shade? mCrow? any alliance that is bigger than H? right now? because all of these alliance would never attack T? or any training alliance.
i'm aware of conversations among vCrow and its allies in the last war challenging the neutrality of both T? and NS. indeed, some of those conversations may have materialised as warnings to these alliances, so your confidence in the status quo seems misplaced.

Originally posted by Kavenmetack Kavenmetack wrote:

The reason that training alliances have this special protection is that most training alliances dont have a strong Military and most of the members are newbies who cant really defend themselves.
i have observed some training alliances that seemed more faculty than newbs. i have not made the rounds of late, so i cannot say if that state exists today anywhere.

Originally posted by Kavenmetack Kavenmetack wrote:

What does you coming from HUGger have to do with anything? Last I checked HUGger wasnt a training alliance or has a training alliance of thier own
it is not, nor does it, but at the risk of speaking for CK it has been specifically noncombatant and likely would be protected by other crow alliances, at least, should it come under attack. i have heard it many times referred to as a training alliance by non-crows.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.