FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terra, prestige referral, and YOU!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terra, prestige referral, and YOU!
    Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 00:25
We love terraformers. We really do. 

Terraforming is a wonderful thing that allows players to play as they want to play, which makes us happy. BUT, terraforming has always been seated with the risk that some players will lose track and soon have several accounts.

....which can then get all of their accounts destroyed in a magical tidal wave of developer wrath.

Here's the deal: If you terraform, go for it. Enjoy! We love it! BUT, if you:

1) EVER have more than 2 accounts

or

2) Use your referral link over and over to gain extra prestige every time you make a new terra account

...we will send an army of invisible mammoths to destroy all of your accounts. In case my joking isn't making it clear: do not ever use the referral system to exploit for extra prestige and never go over having 2 active accounts, not even for a minute.

We have a list of terras who have been exploiting the system, and these people will be hearing from me soon. Exploiting the referral system and owning more than 2 accounts has always been against the rules, but let it be known that from now on if you are in the business of terra'in' and break one of these rules, you can have all of your accounts banned from the game.

It is getting to the point that we are considering either doing away with the ability to terra or the referral system, or both. While only a few people exploit it, they exploit it enough to be within the camp of unfair play.

Let me know if you have any questions!

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 28 Apr 2016 at 01:49
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:56
As a person who has terraformed twice in the past, I welcome the clarification of the precise rules, especially those involving the number of accounts and the fact that a terraforming account "counts" towards the limit of 2 accounts per player/ip address/email address.  I have to say that this wasn't clear before and somewhat of a grey area.  Now it is clear. Good.

So, if you have a TF account, you can't have a fully fledged alt account as this would mean you have *3* accounts.  That seems to be the main consequence.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:05
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

As a person who has terraformed twice in the past, I welcome the clarification of the precise rules, especially those involving the number of accounts and the fact that a terraforming account "counts" towards the limit of 2 accounts per player/ip address/email address.  I have to say that this wasn't clear before and somewhat of a grey area.  Now it is clear. Good.

So, if you have a TF account, you can't have a fully fledged alt account as this would mean you have *3* accounts.  That seems to be the main consequence.

Yes, the rule has always said that having more than 2 accounts is bad. (Remember, we are not talking about sitting.)

"Terraform" is something that players have created, it's a "made up" word that basically means to use an account for something and then get rid of it. People can use accounts for all sorts of things, so all we care is that the player never goes over 2 accounts. :)

And remember that email/IP/etc is not important. What is important is the human player part. No more than 2 per human, no matter how they access the game.

GM Rikoo

Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:09
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

No more than 2 per human

What if you're a dwarf?  
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
Tacardi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:21
Originally posted by Artefore Artefore wrote:

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

No more than 2 per human

What if you're a dwarf?  

To funny, what if you are an ELF, much better than a dwarf.
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:26
Since humans are say 6 foot high and dwarfs more like 4 foot high, surely 2 humans are equivalent to 3 dwarves Wink
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:33
Or if you have schizophrenia - sorry, multiple personality disorder, sorry, dissociative identity disorder..
Tell us my precious, tell us.

GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 14:39
har har

Stay on topic. :)

Rikoo

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 20:30
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

I have to say that this wasn't clear before and somewhat of a grey area.  Now it is clear. Good.

As someone who has been in the game since terraforming came to be (with the introduction of Exodus in fall 2011), I can say that the fact that you can't have more than two accounts, including any terraforming account has ALWAYS been completely and abundantly clear and restated over and over by both the developers and the community.

Anyone who tries to suggest that they were not aware of this is being disingenuous.
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 21:36
If the rules were abundantly clear then I submit the above announcement would not have been necessary, surely?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic