illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sovereignty representation on the World Map

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kendar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kendar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sovereignty representation on the World Map
    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 05:26
The square gives off a glow that overlaps the surrounding squares. This makes it difficult to find any unclaimed squares that are "hiding in plain sight". For example, I just found a water square that is a 12 food spot near a city that is over 9 years old. I may have seen it 8 or 9 years ago when I first settled the city, but over time it has been covered by a blanket of fog due to adjacent sovereignty squares.

My question is, why does it need to be that way? Wouldn't just be as easy to make it's color solid and occupying just that square? I'm not a programmer but I seem to think it would be easier. I do realize that the glow gets more pronounced the higher the level of sovereignty, but again couldn't be contained in the square it represents and not bleeding over into adjacent squares?
MacheteV97 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacheteV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 13:00
Maybe the new Ui version is going to help you with the sovereignties.

Its this incomplete so for the time being you could use its only to see if there are any unclamed lands around your cities.
You will have to switch back to the old version to do all the work.

Here is the forum topic => http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/06nov18-new-user-interface-uiv4-alpha-test_topic10553.html

Once orc, always orc!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic