illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sov Bonus Applied Immediately?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sov Bonus Applied Immediately?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 19:38
Are sov bonuses applied immediately when the structure completes building?
On the right is the "before" of some diplos that I'm recruiting.  I constructed a level one finishing school and the result can be seen in the "after" on the left.  The new bonus applied not only to the current order being produced but also to the one behind it in the queue.

I believe I have seen something similar with military production.

This makes sense as one could use a current sov bonus to recruit a large number of forces then change the sov for another benefit.  I think allowing such would circumvent the intent of sov.

To answer my title question, yes, sov bonuses are applied immediately.

Question that remains:
  • Does this hold for the production sov bonuses (saddles, cows, horses...)?
Salamander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 23:22
If you change the sov  the build times will lengthen back out .
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 23:14
I've had a few incidents where troops and diplos finished faster,  if they had been in an ongoing queue, and the sov bonus changed while they were being built. Only a couple, so I dont think it can he abused.
There is also something up with the Taxes. When you adjust the tax meter slider, your Gold, Mana and Research points get affected. But sometimes I gained mana, research points or gold when I slid around the tax meter and changed the taxes. 
I'm not sure why it does this, but it must account for some lost milliseconds or something weird and maybe it rounds up ?

PublicRelations
HumanResources
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic