Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some innocent informations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSome innocent informations

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 158
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 03:45
I don't think the majority of players want war war war, but something like diplomacy, diplomacy, diplomacy, war would be much better rather than the current diplomacy X 10^50 and then perhaps war.
At the moment the game seems to be like playing poker with no blind and only the option to go all in.
Back to Top
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Status: Offline
Points: 380
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 04:59
I truly think Mr Damage is venting not so much at H? but more because his beloved Hawthorn  ( the new H?) who  were smashed by Collingwood! ;)

Back to Top
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 186
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 05:02
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

One thing remains consistent throughout, and that is that Valar's approach, while differing significantly from that of Harmless, does merit respect.  Harmless takes positions and standards based on principle first, strategy second, but that is not to say we see Valar as an unprincipled alliance.


Quiet frankly some the posts of players like KillerPoodle, Llyron of Jaensch, Kumomoto on the forum and especially GC reveal the fallacy of the above statement. The fact is Harmless? is  a win at all costs alliance. It does not put players first at all. It subordinates them to success. domination and humiliation of what it percieves as its inferiors. THAT IS THE CULTURE OF HARMLESS? 

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Some may call the ejection of _duQ as a scapegoat action, but I follow the adage that one should not attribute to malice what can be sufficiently explained by incompetence--or put another way, Occam's Razor: all other things being equal, the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

Hypocricy. The only mistake _duQ made was not being a member of H? Had he been a member of your alliance Berberos would have been labelled a troll and Lorre & co would be wetting their pants to try and claim Kudos for attacking him

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

It is simpler to believe that Valar gave _duQ freedom and then regretted doing so, than to believe they allowed their reputation to be questioned, and used him as a scapegoat to cleanse themselves, without having accomplished anything as an alliance.  After all, what would be the point of making waves and burning _duQ if there's no change for Valar other than adding a blemish to their reputation and losing a strong player?


Typical HM spin. We all know that Lorre and Co took the this simple conflict between _duQ and berberos and almost bored GC to death with weeks of peurile whining and hyped up idiocy. Egged on by Harmless? goons  ie Kumo, Anjire, Lawn of Stench as well Dlord member Smoking Mwahaahaa GNU. The whole thing was an attempt to take the smaller issue and evaggerate it out of all proportion so that it could used it to demonise Valar.  What a pantomime it was. Most people were sick and tired of it.

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

  Wacko  No, Anjire rendered blame where blame is due, and engaged in due process to resolve the situation.  I also render blame where blame is due.

What can I say? This is risible. Not even worthy of comment.

The fact of the matter is that Honored Mule is attempting to hide the truth THEY don't want this situation resolved at all and if you read HM's earlier post you will see that they are not satisfied that the accounts of -duQ and Quicks have been expelled from Valar. Going back to my point about the culture that exists in the H? leadership  - they want more and more ...from Valar. They want to crush them. That is Harmless? and that is what this whole sorry affair has been about. This is War is now.  A diplomatic type  metagame one, but war nonetheless with real casualties...AND Harmless? are prosecuting it.




Edited by Aneirin - 04 Jul 2011 at 05:06
Back to Top
Sister Nikki View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 76
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 05:13
Cool
       After some months playing I find the game far beyond "war" games like Travian or other similar games. Yes it has battles, wars, fights but not as a goal. It has depth moving ahead. It isn't just a server life period (ex. 9 months) where you make your armies, doing some diplomacy chasing all the newbies and participate on a race for the total victory of the server and again will play the same story next period.
        It has changes and new challenges, you play and you become part of it's history. How history will judge
you, depends only on you. The game just growing like wine getting older and better. The devs making a great work with  supplements which make the puzzle more complete, more interesting and better designed.
That is something you can't find easily as most of the games follow the same tactic, - start- diplomacy -war -end.

So perhaps people that like or hope in just -start- diplomacy- big war maybe are disappointed but personally I believe they lose the sense of the game in their desire for a speedy war "clean-up" and finish the game until the new period. It is like a journey in which some rushing to reach the end of it and missing everything during the way.

Beer so cheers to the Journey Big smile
Back to Top
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 686
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 05:17
-------------Event 6--------------------------------------------
No further communication, I look for the settler from time to time without success in an attempt to gauge its arrival. When I do find them the settler is within 3 squares of the space in question.  There is also an army unit moving toward the square coming from the direction of _duQ’s city.  Any additional forces sent from my city would not arrive in time.
Caravan from _viceRoy lands and bounces (I wonder who’s alt that is...)

His army unit arrives vs the lone yeoman
SystemFailed defense by Anjire's forces at Square -766|-353 under attack by _duQ's forces from Vom Krieg27 Jun 2011 19:55

Attackers:

Unit:

Quantity:

Casualties:

Survivors:

Commander: ShaliMarshal1Damaged for 3, 97 health remains.
Troops:Wardancers40139

Defenders:

Unit:

Quantity:

Casualties:

Survivors:

Commander: Badaboom IIIRunerider1Damaged for 100, 0 health remains.
Troops:Yeomen110


Hmm, didn’t notice that I took out a Wardancer.  

Message arrives from marlenus:
marlenus [VALAR]FW: Anjire27 Jun 2011 20:06

Sent By:marlenus [VALAR]
Received By:You
Date:6/27/2011 8:06:38 PM

> FW: Anjire
> Received: 27 Jun 2011 18:52
> Original Message:
Please, 1hr 3min or so (19:55 servtime) tell Anjire for me that I'm terribly clumsy for having attacked his troops at -766|-353, my bad, and that I will compensate the loss of his troop /commander as sson as he compensates for the loss of the settler he's going to destroy.
I'm off now

Back to Top
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Status: Offline
Points: 924
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 06:12
Originally posted by Aneirin Aneirin wrote:

The fact of the matter is that Honored Mule is attempting to hide the truth THEY don't want this situation resolved at all and if you read HM's earlier post you will see that they are not satisfied that the accounts of -duQ and Quicks have been expelled from Valar. Going back to my point about the culture that exists in the H? leadership  - they want more and more ...from Valar. They want to crush them. That is Harmless? and that is what this whole sorry affair has been about. This is War is now.  A diplomatic type  metagame one, but war nonetheless with real casualties...AND Harmless? are prosecuting it.


Christ I have been busy. 

Poor little Aneirin, bitten by the green eyed monster again. You just wished you played with the big boys eh bud.... Unhappy

PS Collingwood suck.


Back to Top
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 598
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 07:14
I promise I shall only break my forum exile this one time,HATH love your style and its your fault I posted again.Lol. I did tell you Hawthorn were not contenders this year,very funny though HATH,very funny.Lol
Back to Top
Dhenna View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Points: 156
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 13:07
Mr. Damage, the comparison was a joke on my part, only because you mentioned H? so much. Please don't exile yourself because of me.
 
I think we all can agree that you're not even CLOSE to being as "refreshingly hostile" as Aneirin (I think I may have to get rid of the word "refreshingly" soon, though) Tongue


Edited by Dhenna - 04 Jul 2011 at 13:08
Back to Top
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: uk
Status: Offline
Points: 1191
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 13:22
I have much respect for Az's post earlier. I reckon he's dealt with a rather difficult situation with a cool head.

Someone mentioned something about the future of  VALAR? Well from what I've seen so far I have no doubt that these guys will continue to thrive and partake as valuable members of the wider Illy community.
Back to Top
(EOM) Harry View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 283
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 19:08
Originally posted by Aneirin Aneirin wrote:

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

One thing remains consistent throughout, and that is that Valar's approach, while differing significantly from that of Harmless, does merit respect.  Harmless takes positions and standards based on principle first, strategy second, but that is not to say we see Valar as an unprincipled alliance.


Quiet frankly some the posts of players like KillerPoodle, Llyron of Jaensch, Kumomoto on the forum and especially GC reveal the fallacy of the above statement. The fact is Harmless? is  a win at all costs alliance. It does not put players first at all. It subordinates them to success. domination and humiliation of what it percieves as its inferiors. THAT IS THE CULTURE OF HARMLESS? 

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Some may call the ejection of _duQ as a scapegoat action, but I follow the adage that one should not attribute to malice what can be sufficiently explained by incompetence--or put another way, Occam's Razor: all other things being equal, the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

Hypocricy. The only mistake _duQ made was not being a member of H? Had he been a member of your alliance Berberos would have been labelled a troll and Lorre & co would be wetting their pants to try and claim Kudos for attacking him

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

It is simpler to believe that Valar gave _duQ freedom and then regretted doing so, than to believe they allowed their reputation to be questioned, and used him as a scapegoat to cleanse themselves, without having accomplished anything as an alliance.  After all, what would be the point of making waves and burning _duQ if there's no change for Valar other than adding a blemish to their reputation and losing a strong player?


Typical HM spin. We all know that Lorre and Co took the this simple conflict between _duQ and berberos and almost bored GC to death with weeks of peurile whining and hyped up idiocy. Egged on by Harmless? goons  ie Kumo, Anjire, Lawn of Stench as well Dlord member Smoking Mwahaahaa GNU. The whole thing was an attempt to take the smaller issue and evaggerate it out of all proportion so that it could used it to demonise Valar.  What a pantomime it was. Most people were sick and tired of it.

Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

  Wacko  No, Anjire rendered blame where blame is due, and engaged in due process to resolve the situation.  I also render blame where blame is due.

What can I say? This is risible. Not even worthy of comment.

The fact of the matter is that Honored Mule is attempting to hide the truth THEY don't want this situation resolved at all and if you read HM's earlier post you will see that they are not satisfied that the accounts of -duQ and Quicks have been expelled from Valar. Going back to my point about the culture that exists in the H? leadership  - they want more and more ...from Valar. They want to crush them. That is Harmless? and that is what this whole sorry affair has been about. This is War is now.  A diplomatic type  metagame one, but war nonetheless with real casualties...AND Harmless? are prosecuting it.


I lolled quite a bit through all of this, One can i point out that you have a fail of analyzing thread comments as you pick out a massive section of writing then don't even address, counter or change the readers view, all you do is bring up a completely unfathomable conspiracy theory  about H? being completely behind it and don't even back up the points you make, you just state an opinion (because an opinion without a source or evidence is always an opinion) and then state it again and again, hoping that someone is silly enough to read your points and not go "WUT?"

You then make a continued and empasised point that WE ALL have the same views as you and that we don't care essentialy and are bored of it. This made me cringe and chuckle for two reasons:

1) you have the ordasity to include the entire illyriad community in a statement which has no evidence of these people believing the same.

2) Most of us actually care about what happens as all the people involved are very prominent players you numpty, of course we care.

Then you drag H? into the argument, who ha much better things to do with their time than refuting your'e insane claims AND then not only carry on the stupidity but then say that H? have no right to be involved when YOU BROUGHT THEM IN! are you stupid or just here to annoy the crap out of everyone (i suppose the latter is in effect here) 

Finnaly what made me laugh most of all is that you say " Herpy Dep i'm not going to answer this part of the comment because it's stupid herpy derp"

Then you answer it, You are mental Sir.

Please, for me and for everyone else who love to watch the forums with interest and appreciation.

Leave or start giving decent points to contribute to said arguments.

Kthxbye
 
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.