Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[RP Game] Protect the elflings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 20:14
Certainly not too late! Please join in and write a quick bio both of you :) Tomorrow, I think we'll start!
Princess Elfin View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 14:52
ok..... damn you Mr!
Ithilwien View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 17:23
I would love to play and if it is ok you can just assign me a house number

"This elf is one of mystery and wonder, always seeming to be where the action is and a dead shot for hitting her target.  There seems to be an oddly large amount of animals around when she is present and it appears that they aid her in her jounerys. Always ready to lend a hand to those who need it and equally as ready to cut down those who derserve it it is always best to not cross her path in need and not in war."
Poopnug View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 20:27
*Walks into the tavern. Looks around and snickers to himself. Goes up to the desk.*

I am Tuon Angon, son of Puingon of house Iarphen. I request to reside in the sixth house, and to be left to my business. *tosses small satchel of coins on the counter*. Will this do? 

Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 11:23

Queen Auraya woke early and went to the tavern for breakfast, where she spied Imin bent over his scrolls in a shady nook. She ordered a glass of wine with her porridge and was making her way over when a scream from the village square interrupted her. Everyone looked to her. Attempting to look calm and reassuring, the Queen walked briskly out into the morning sunshine. 

The square was packed. It seemed everyone had flocked to the scene immediately and it took Auraya a few minutes to make her way to the front. When she got there, she found a dwarf pinned to the Founder's Tree at the centre - by a spear which could only have been crafted by an orc. Worse still, she recognised the dwarf to be her friend, Susan Calvin.

Feeling the blood drain from her face, Auraya went to see her friend Thes Elf who appeared to have taken command. 
“What happened?” she asked, willing her voice to remain steady. Thes moved off to a less crowded area where a young elf was sitting, looking shaken. At the sight of the Queen, panic rose in his face but Auraya gave him a grim smile of reassurance. Thes sat next to him and gently spoke,
“Hali, meet Queen Auraya. She’d like to hear about what happened here. In your own time.”

Hali sat quietly for a while and Auraya wasn’t sure he was going to speak. Eventually, he did.
“It was.. awful.” He whispered it like a secret. Looking at him, she saw a mix of grief and terror. She knew his face reflected her own. 

Shakily, he continued. “She was.. looking for you.. your Majesty. The spear came from nowhere. I.. I.. I was closest.. she grabbed me.. made.. me promise..” Hali was getting visibly more shaken as he went on. It was cruel to make him relive things but she had no choice. Taking his hand, she motioned for him to keep going. 

“She said 'T-t-tell.. the Q-q-q-queen. Orcs are.. orcs.. orcs are.. hungry. You've been.. infil.. trated' then.. then..” And with that, he fainted. It had told her absolutely nothing new but that the dwarf had traveled to warn her was something. It meant she had friends - friends on the outside who would risk their lives for her and her elflings. She stood in the centre of the square and faced the crowd. 

"This is a tragedy we did not expect. The dwarf who came here was brave, noble and a credit to her race. In the following weeks, we will all be forced to follow in her example. Some of you may not feel up to the task. Some of you may be scared. When those doubts creep in, remember the dwarf Susan. Remember how she died, delivering a message to save us. Do not let such a sacrifice be in vain!" Auraya paused, surveying her people for the effect of her words before dropping the ruthless truth on them.

"The person who did this, the one who murdered our friend Susan and brother Aglardir, was one of us. Living amongst us are orcs, disguised as elflings. I do not know how they have managed it but they are here. They could be your neighbour, your friend, the elf stood next to you right now and we must seek them out to bring them to justice! Keep your eyes and ears open everyone. Two nights from now, we shall vote for whom we believe is a traitor. Do not fear, my elflings - you have nothing to hide. We will find the orcs!"

Shaken, Auraya returned to the tavern - she could really use that wine. Walking in, she saw a newcomer in the process of purchasing a house. Her instincts were to mistrust him and guilt rose as she realised how ridiculous that was since new elflings were coming to Beleriand all the time. Taking a deep breath, she walked over and extended her hand. 

"Greetings, welcome to Beleriand. I am Queen Auraya. You have come at an unfortunate time but I do hope you'll enjoy your stay here."

[Specials: 

Master Orc
Alignment: Orcs
Special Action: Eat an elfling o.O
Description: Truly the most hideous and evil orc. The Master Orc has power over all others. Whilst they do not have to obey him/her, the other orcs will generally vote as told to by their leader and will definitely hunt by his/her side. The Master Orc has been known to eat orcs who do not obey orders (in addition to elflings, stray dogs and the occasional squirrel.) Should the Master Orc be killed, command will be assumed by his/her second in command.

Agent
Alignment: Elves
Special Action: Spy
Description: Trained by elven rangers in the art of stealth, t
he Agent chooses a suspect and watches their dwellings for signs of activity. Whilst the Agent will not know whether the suspect is out on business of good or ill, he/she can at least eliminate the innocent from his/her line of inquiry. 

Mage
Special Action: Cast protective spell
Description: The Mage is adept in ancient arcana and travels to the dwellings of an elfling each night, casting powerful protective spells over them which will injure any orc who tries to attack. The Mage can only cast on people when they are at home. Inhabitants who leave their dwellings have a 50% chance the Mage will turn up before they head out. 

Seer
Special Action: Vision
Description: The Seer is particularly gifted and has a vision of each attack. The visions are often hazy but will provide clues to the identity of the Master Orc.

EDIT: 

Error

You are only permitted to send 10 Private Messages per hour. You have exceeded this limit.

Most people will have had a message telling them their role. Don't panic if you haven't, it's coming!]

Edited by Auraya - 02 Jan 2013 at 12:24
Vibs View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 12:42
Err..Is it too late for a non-punctual, slightly goofy elf with a tendency to keep pet elephants to take on a house? #11 if it's possible!
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:12
[Sure thing :) All the houses are taken but Room #11 is available! Please read the rules, if you haven't already and I'll update the slightly malfunctioning OP]
Scorpiain View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:42
Imin looked down at his scrolls in the corner of the inn and inwardly cursed whatever horrible incident had just happened. He had noticed the Queen heading over towards him (not much escapes his attention)  and he very much wished to speak to her! Surely she would know, who was who in town and where he could start his search for the herbmaster! plus she was a fair bit of a looker and Imin was only an elf at the end of the day

NinjaMuncher View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:52
NinjaMuncher sits in the tavern alone and slowly drinks his small glass of cider. As a forger, you'd have thought he could afford more, but every week NinjaMuncher blew her money on the special mushrooms she had bought from Imin. Deciding to call it a day, NinjaMuncher walked out into a village of panic. NinjaMuncher was confused. This was the first she'd heard of there being a threat. She ran into someone called Vibs and asked what the commotion was. 

After hearing the news; NinjaMuncher nearly fainted. This was war!
arnesson View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 15:55
Susan!  Friend and companion on many travels through Illyriad.  Lost to a loathsome, cowardly Orc!  Cry
This foul deed shall not go unavenged.  For too long have we tolerated the existence of these miserable beings.  I cry CRUSADE!!  Armed with Elven Sword and Spirit Bow I shall hunt down and destroy ALL Orcs.  Who is with me!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic