illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RHY's Takeover of TRI: A Case Study

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anjire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 13:27
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I think that the history of the secret confed has been adequately explored elsewhere, at some length.  Some might even say to a tiresome degree.  Thus my use of the term infamous.

Tiresome? - yeah
Adegquately? - No

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 04:24
If you feel the need to expound further on the subject, please don't let my lack of enthusiasm deter you.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 05:07

If you feel the need to expound further on the subject, please don't let my lack of enthusiasm deter you.
it might be more productive (and less snarky) if players who find particular off-topic subjects tiresome would stop introducing them gratuitously into the thread.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 06:28
Check your facts, Angrim.  I am not the one who brought up the topic of the secret confed, although I did comment on it when it was raised.

I have no desire to review the entire history of that event, but if Anjire wishes to do so, more power to him.  I mean that entirely sincerely.  Perhaps people who were not around for the original posts will find it interesting and/or informative.

Edited by Rill - 29 Aug 2014 at 06:31
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 11:20
Anjire's referencing of the early formations of the Coalition was an appropriate topic to bring up in response to my discussion of the RHY/TRI operation, because, prior to this, the two alliances had had no formal relationship no communication whatsoever. This affair started a conversation between our two alliances that led us to realize that we shared some similar interests in the game that ultimately led to an evolution in our relationship. If RHY had not attempted this operation, it remains to be seen if we would have ever gotten to know H? in the manner that we did, not to mention dlords, N, NC, and a host of other folks. Many of my favorite people in this game are/were folks in those alliances, so I am grateful for the turn of events and how they played out. I also think that all of these events led the game into some very interesting areas that enhanced the game experience for many.

I agree also that within the Traveller's Tale someday perhaps we can tell the story of the Coalition and begin to forge a history of that Coalition/Consone war, because I've found that, without a record of things that go on here, they are quickly lost to memory, which is a shame. (I was recently thinking of the conflict between AESIR and EF in the Spring of 2013, for example, that would make for a great story.)

Illyriad is an emotional game for many, but it my hope that we can look back onto past events without too much emotion or bitterness. In the case of the Coalition/Consone war, I think there has been enough time and history between that war and now that we can hopefully look back at it with some dispassion and critical distance. And I would agree that it would probably be better served in its own topic thread.

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 15:01

Check your facts, Angrim.  I am not the one who brought up the topic of the secret confed, although I did comment on it when it was raised.
pedantic and unhelpful. it was mentioned in context, you brought it out and changed the focus from confed to "secret" without adding any information for anyone who didn't already know the history or even a link to another thread to explain your particular interest in the phrase. indeed, i don't see that your comment adds anything to the thread but disdain, of which the forum is never short. if you intend to make it an issue, then please discuss it in a way that's helpful to other players who don't know the history; if not...the solution seems self-evident.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 05:25
I will leave it to those who were directly involved to determine the degree to which they wish to expound upon this portion of Illy history.  My goal is merely to note that said confed was to figure significantly in later history.  Your reading of disdain into my gentle humor is your own.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 09:23
Just a parting note on this thread that I really hope more folks will take some time to write about previous events that took place in the past within the game. I know that it can be difficult, since there is often a lot of lingering debate about past conflicts, but I think it's important that we try to keep those events alive and on record.

Another potential project is to try to recall previous players of note who are no longer part of the game for one reason or another. I'm thinking of Amroth, for example, who purportedly passed away a while back. During his stint here, he had a major impact on the game. A chronicle of who he was as a player and what he did would make for a great read, I think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic