illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Respect, asking too much????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyLuvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respect, asking too much????
    Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 21:37
I don’t think I am asking too much.  Yet I keep having the same issues. I stay to myself and leave people alone but for some reason I continue to have problems with players harvesting on my Sovereignty.   I play daily.  Do not be fooled by the fact that I no longer come out to rub elbows with others in GC.  I have no desire to be here on this forum again but the harvesting issues are getting far worse than EVER before and alliance leadership seems to think that a slap on the wrist is enough and forget that items were actually stolen and should be returned.  No more free passes.    

I am fed up with players harvesting on my Sovereignty.  I am about to go on a rampage and start killing harvesters without warning or any chances given.  That isn’t something I like to do or what I want to do but my hand is being forced. I am done being nice and taken advantage of.  Players need to turn on the Sovereignty on the World Tactical Map and LEAVE IT ON!  

I keep hearing the excuses; "I didn't know and I wasn’t paying attention" more and more.  If they don't know then leadership and Global Chat players are failing new players in Illy. This community takes a lot of pride in New Players and have no problem bragging about how much they love them.  If this is so true, then you all need to be guiding them by giving them the basic Charm School education of what is acceptable and what is not.  If you don’t have time to pay attention to where you are sending harvesters to, then you should not send harvesters out!

Training alliances, you have the worst offenders.  Heck even players in your leadership are offenders  You are failing your players if you are not teaching them respect of their fellow players.  I have seen some nasty stuff go down in this game and have even been on the receiving end of some of it.  I am a retired training alliance leader.  I know how hard your job is but you still should be driving home respect of other players every single day.  I still love new players, do not misunderstand me.  I also know how ignorant to the ways of Illy they are.  

I am done being taken advantage of.  From here on out, death will come to harvesters if I catch them still on my Sovereignty.  If I don't, I will want what was harvested/stolen, returned to me.   Leaders get prepared to hear from me.  I will be very direct and no nonsense about this.  I have let the players off with just a warning in the past and have lost out on countless resources because of this.  NO MORE!

Your players will now be required to return what they stole from my Sovereignty according to the amount of harvesters they sent to the spot.  This will not be negotiated.  You would expect the same for your player if they were thieved and you found out who it was.  This is NO DIFFERENT!  Do not give me the excuse to “prove it”.  I am not one that has time to make stuff like this up.  I have no interest in taking the time to forge incidents.  You will see the notification I get of your players trespassing on my Sovereignty.

This is not a diplomatic matter.  This is a matter of respect for another player’s land they have claimed that actually shows on the map.  It is not the imaginary borders that some alliances choose to make as their land claims.  You land claiming alliances will force players to move and go to war over that kind of stuff, but yet do not teach your players to respect another players Sovereignty.  If you find issues with this complaint then your land claims aren't worth the words on the page and everyone should ignore them.  At least my claim shows up on the map.  I am not a war monger and have no desire to be.  I just want what I have rightly claimed.  I do not think that is unreasonable, just as you with your imaginary borders for land claims do not think your land claims are unreasonable.

As I stated earlier, this will not be negotiable.  I am done being a door mat and going to leadership of alliances that will tell their player "Do not do this again" and not even get my stuff back that was stolen. I shouldn't have to ask for it back either.  Your player is in the wrong, it should be automatic to pay it back, yet leadership just slaps them on the hand and thinks the matter is closed.  Your players will no longer keep the resources they have stolen from my Sovereignty.  They will be returned to me from now on.

If you go inactive (we have ways to see that) do not whine to players that move into your area if you come back.  You choose or your real life took you in a different direction, game play doesn't stand still just because you don't have time to play.  That is what sitters are for to make sure your account shows life.  It takes less than 30 secs to set a sitter. Use them!

Players are more worried about what wars they can get into and who they can destroy next.  I have no interest in that sort of thing.  I do, however, have an interest in not having to deal with harvesting issues.  I am no longer the player that had to be diplomatic to keep her little ones safe.  I will speak my mind and be VERY direct.  There is no diplomacy left in me.  It was burnt out of me while I was leading T? and having to deal with all the ignorance I had to deal with in the 1st server war. Then you add all the issues I have had with players since and my cup runneth over from lack of respect and bad manners of players.  I do not envy anyone in leadership.  I do not want to be in leadership.  I have even asked mCrow to keep me out of leadership because my patience is not just a city and a virtue but is threadbare with the issues. 

Enjoy the discussion.  My piece has been said.  I am not here to discuss this issue.  Do not mail me about this either.  Your opinions on my post are of no interest to me. You all expect your Sovereignty to be respected.  Why would it be wrong for me to expect mine to be?  I am not asking for more than what was taken.  However, will kill harvesters instead of bumping and giving curt warnings that fall on deaf ears for the most part of players and alliance leaders.  I do not see any further discussion that would be valid on this point other than what I have already said! 

In the words of a former player "STAY OFF MY LAWN!!"

Thanks!

LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 21:42
Get 'em!
Kaleran View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaleran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 22:24
Interesting read. I returned to Illy in October 2014 after having played on and off for about 9 months in 2011 -2012. Upon my return I did get the typical awesome Illy welcome, but I did notice it was not what it used to be. I have been noticing that the niceties are very slowly falling away or reducing in occurrence.

On the flip side, meanness/nastiness does seem to be picking up. I know some might disagree, but I feel issues such as LadyLuvs did not happen nearly as often as it does now and the reaction to it occurring seems to be getting worse as well. More and more offenders have a don't care attitude. 

I have been trying to figure out the reason for this and I have come up with a few possible reasons, please feel free to correct me.

1. Increase in population is an obvious one. Naturally, given enough time the map fills out and more incidents are bound to occur based on simple numbers, but this should not have a massive effect.

2. The folks in GC - No longer are the 'mothers of illy' ever present in the global chat, providing great startup advice and bringing a sense of calm to a new player. There used to always be 3 or 4 of these types of players in GC all the time. It now seems to be filled with newer players making a whole bunch of noise and the 'mothers of illy' pop in periodically. Vets in general seem to be more and more scarce in GC, maybe out of shear boredom in teaching newbies or they just prefer AC. Not really sure the reason.

Building on the GC point, wars have brought a lot of bitterness into the game, and that sometimes spills over into GC. That may have adverse affects on a newer player entering the game. Many vets have left the game due to this as well so maybe that's why fewer are in GC.

3. It really doesn't take much to start an alliance. Any newbie who spends less than 12 hours in the game can do it with some gold and books. These players know little about the game or its culture but they begin recruiting, and while they might learn the game mechanics as a group together, they no nothing of the culture established by the veteran alliances and its founding members. They form their own culture or bring a culture from a different game here because they expect it to be the same. 

All in all I don't mean to get too psychoanalytical (coz I'm no Sigmund Freud) but if you watch and read closely enough, there is a slow culture shift taking place in this game. Again I know some will disagree and say Illy will always keep that ever friendly culture, but keep in mind, everything great requires consistent hard work to develop and maintain, stop maintaining it once it has been developed, and it can fall apart at an exponential rate. 
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 22:49

3. It really doesn't take much to start an alliance. Any newbie who spends less than 12 hours in the game can do it with some gold and books. These players know little about the game or its culture but they begin recruiting, and while they might learn the game mechanics as a group together, they no nothing of the culture established by the veteran alliances and its founding members. They form their own culture or bring a culture from a different game here because they expect it to be the same. 

I personally do not see an issue, with a player, or a group of players, creating an alliance, in the attempt to change the culture. This is a sandbox game. Why should a new player have any respect for what the older players have done. It does not affect them in the way it affects the older players. 

The issue here is that there is change. The "Old Guard" as I've heard them mentioned numerous times regarding to the older players who have played throughout the creation of illy. Seems to have an issue with the ways the game is changing and becoming more aggressive, it's a sandbox people. Sometimes the sandbox gets a little testy. 

If a group of folks want to come in, and try their hand at it. Let them, these common sense rules that have been enforced by the older players. They don't mean anything to these players, realize if you will, the more you enforce these "common sense" rules, you are only ENHANCING the effect of these players attitudes. 

The problem is not these players that come in and try to change the environment, it's the players in the game trying to influence how these players, who want change, play the game.

Edited by The Reaper - 03 Nov 2015 at 22:54
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 23:05
If you want people to leave "your" stuff alone - put an army on it.
Minerals and Herbs regenerate, so the issue of of having "lost" something doesn't really apply as a full mine or herb patch can't regenerate above its natural level.
Just bump them and put an army on the spot.
And unless it is a particularly valuable herb or mineral, it isn't worth sov'ing.

Kaleran View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaleran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 23:09
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

I personally do not see an issue, with a player, or a group of players, creating an alliance, in the attempt to change the culture. This is a sandbox game. Why should a new player have any respect for what the older players have done. It does not affect them in the way it affects the older players. 

The issue here is that there is change. The "Old Guard" as I've heard them mentioned numerous times regarding to the older players who have played throughout the creation of illy. Seems to have an issue with the ways the game is changing and becoming more aggressive, it's a sandbox people. Sometimes the sandbox gets a little testy. 

If a group of folks want to come in, and try their hand at it. Let them, these common sense rules that have been enforced by the older players. They don't mean anything to these players, realize if you will, the more you enforce these "common sense" rules, you are only ENHANCING the effect of these players attitudes. 

The problem is not these players that come in and try to change the environment, it's the players in the game trying to influence how these players, who want change, play the game.

While I understand your counter point, the point of that paragraph was that these players come from an aggressive  gaming environment, where basic manners and respect for another person is non-existent. Changing the culture of the game through different/strategic play is one thing (and a good thing) but that is not what I was referring too. Changing the culture by showing no regard for other people just because you are in a virtual world is not a good thing.
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 23:15
My point is. Them coming into this game from a different atmosphere, is the effect of online gaming. Because Illy is this "kind" environment, it's foreign to them. Can't fault these aggressive players for coming into an environment that is not. Then them trying to change it into something they are comfortable with. 

Fact is, most games aren't Illy, it's a sandbox, some older players made it an environment they are proud of, and that's all fine and dandy. But the game was bound to change. As all things do.
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 23:21
I've always just killed people who harvested on my sov and never bothered sending mails or requesting recompense. Sometimes, when I notice, I kill people who just harvest near my sov. Settle where you want to be and don't mess with my assets.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 23:42
The day this game devolves into a cesspool of ignorance and disrespect shall forever be known as Noobageddon. Until Noobageddon actually happens, please show respect to other players. An example of showing disrespect to the community is consuming everything you can get your hands on without regards for any other player. We don't need baby dragons trying to amass a hoard of stolen goods or a black hole laying waste to our good land.
I am not amused.
Granlik View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 00:28
Like attracts like and I'm sure Solanar will meet a soul mate at sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic