illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Production sov adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Production sov adjustment
    Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 04:45
The balance between food and production sov for cows, swords, saddles, etc was designed for the opening game economy. Troop production was limited by nascent weapons production making it far more competitive to use sov for pumping up your saddle production vs using sov for food

Now there is a fluid market for weapons with many long established armourers building surplus weapons cheaply

Food sov on a fully built and taxed 7 food

260g per level for a 5 food sov square ((14,000 x .01 x 4) - 300 for level one sov cost 1 sq away with books at 400g)

Cow sov if cows cost 100g in input and sell for 500g

negative 129g per level ((8.57p/h x .05 x 400) - 300)

Food sov is 3x better without the basics costs of production sov. Since you may typically need the basics while you're still building the town then the sov basics upkeep at 1g per basic res puts cow sov 558g in the negative while your town is small and it could be useful compared to food sov

I believe that economic production sov should therefore cost no basics upkeep, and become significantly more effective!

Now to dream: It would be super fly if the percentage bonus was pegged to provide ~200g profit per level for 1 sq away according to the previous month's average between the sell and buy price of cows, etc in centrum. I guess to make it complete it could make sense to include the price of a book for the 10 research per level cost at 1 sq in the 200g profit formula

If I think about it, an uncapped formula could drive production bonuses towards infinity as lowering prices drove faster production driving lower prices. I feel like it wouldn't actually work that way but the potential for immersion breaking effects seems to be there without a cap
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 05:23
It is possible that books could be disregarded. I think most players have surplus research

Food sov for 7 food = 460g per level at 1 sq away

Cow sov = 71g per level, negative 358g if no basics surplus in town
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 16:32
IMO there is a surplus of goods. I'd like to see maybe some reason to stay low population and low towns (9) for additional troop production.
KS
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 13:51
Pimping out production sov would be ideal for low pop military towns. If the sov is in the ballpark of the food sov value for a fully built 5 food town then a milsov town can switch to production sov with ease when troop limits are reached and population will be fairly unnecessary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic