illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Private Chat Request Alert System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Chat Request Alert System
    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 10:34
I'm currently starting work on a addon to alert you outside of Illy whenever you get a request for a private chat. This will only work when you are loged into Illy but my hope is that it will tell you (via an audio alert) even when you are busy in a different application than your browser.

I currently am thinking of utilising the system notification that is built in to pretty much every graphical OS (which you need to be able to play Illy) and using the system sounds available in your OS. Eventually allowing you to specify any suitable audio file on your device (no full length mp3 albums!).

To achieve all this it will need to be a browser extension as oposed to a userscript and developing those is (for me at least) a pretty long and complicated process. As part of this process I'll be starting off with a basic userscript that will detect whenever a PC request is made and it occured to me that I could in the meantime add a new class of alert to DurcTools which would give you a history of all PC requests that have been made (at least you would know who you missed a request from).

If you have any ideas or criticisms of this proposal please comment below.

Tens
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 22:43
sounds like an awesome idea
Let fate chase you not me
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 23:12
Logging the missed request is a fine idea Tens
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 05:00
I've just discovered that I may be able to do this entirely in a userscript which means it should be available much sooner. The downside is that it looks like it will have to be granted permission to send the notification each time you log in to Illy - don't know for sure yet until I get a full blown test version up and running.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 19:12
Added to DurcTools.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic