Print Page | Close Window

The White Company is formed

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=94
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 15:16
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The White Company is formed
Posted By: Diablito
Subject: The White Company is formed
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:34

Sendo adunque uno principe necessitato sapere bene usare la bestia, debbe di quelle pigliare la golpe e il lione: perché il lione non si defende da' lacci, la golpe non si defende da' lupi.

It is with joy I hereby announce the formation of The White Company.

We are a mercenary alliance, and as such we are for hire if you can pay. As the economy is still young we suspect it will be slow for the time being, but i'm certain people will soon come to value the specialized services we provide.

So, do you have a grudge with another alliance? Player? Member of your alliance?

We don't pass judgement, all contact is entirely confidential (unless something more public is desired).

And for the right price, we will be happy to do anything to anyone.

Regards
Diablito

PS. We are invite only, so if you weren't invited, please don't spam us to be recruited.

Replies:
Posted By: vaunt
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:45
I hope your alliance does well since yours is most likely going to be a one of a kind. 

Posted By: bow locks
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:54
So, first you post lies about the war between us and da. Which were instantly outed when the gms posted a thread about the war with the real reason.

And then tonight, we raid you, have a good battle, but you switch alliances to avoid further losses?

Coward.

The honourable members of DA are much better off without you.  DA are an excellent, competitive, fair alliance with superb members.

Who are you?

Respect to DA, respect to the makers of this game, lets give it a fair shot, and lets reward the makers of this game with some fairplay, as indeed such excellent opponents as laura etc have shown.

If you have your own agenda, if you dont want to contribute to peoples enjoyment, if you dont want to help the dream of the programmers, then f**k off.

If on the other hand you want to help expand this game, welcome, but from your actions, i doubt it.

Bow

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:59
I destroyed Honoredmule, I destroyed the second attack, do you really think your pitiful 11 soldiers would have survived after i'd already slaughtered 136 of your friends?

Get real boy, I don't give a f**k about honour, this is business.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:59
Now Bow locks, I'm not picking sides but sometimes you have to cut your losses so you can keep on going. What Daiblito is a classic move in this type of game. 

Posted By: King Arthur Tudor
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:06
Bow nicely put

and diablito why become a mercenary? this server is still young, its pointless becoming a mercenary because players won't have the money to pay for you unless your going to be a bit cheap which I doubt it. Why leave DA when they needed you the most and could be more rewardable for you because you would be taking gold from people you defeated compare to demanding it for your seervices.

You said that H? was a danger to everybody I say its now White Company who are the biggest threat and every Alliances should join forces to prevent us all being controled by White Company

KAT

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:08
It is indeed still early, which is why i'm glad you're voulenteering to be target practice while we wait for the economy to improve KAT.

And why do this? My dear man, this is not what I do, this is who I am.

Posted By: King Arthur Tudor
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:18
Well thanks Diablito for attacking believe me its pointless seen has I can't do you any arm I've got a small army your just a bully!!

after this attack I'll be back stronger and your the first one im going after

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:18
Diablito in this game you are already make a big mistake. You shouldn't be talking your ass off like your the top dog. Yes you most likely will win in a one on one but what happens when it is you against 20?

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:21
Originally posted by King Arthur Tudor King Arthur Tudor wrote:

Well thanks Diablito for attacking believe me its pointless seen has I can't do you any arm I've got a small army your just a bully!!

after this attack I'll be back stronger and your the first one im going after

I have today, defended against a player 20 ranks above me, defeated another attack directly after, and dodged a futher 4 attacks by joining forces with my men.

You have then encouraged the game to join behind your banner, to expel me and my entire alliance from this game.

I am a bully? I seem to recall proclaiming myself quite neutral to everyone, you however, have done nothing but monger war.

Would you really be suprised if you found my knife in your back? I would say I am well within my right if I chose to do any harm to you at a later date.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:22
Originally posted by vaunt vaunt wrote:

Diablito in this game you are already make a big mistake. You shouldn't be talking your ass off like your the top dog. Yes you most likely will win in a one on one but what happens when it is you against 20?

You don't seem to understand quite how this works, I am only one man, if I was crushed utterly and completely this would not at all impede my ability to manage The White Company and martial my forces against my enemies.

And besides, armies are but a minor tool in power politics.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:26
you see, here's the odd thing.

The action was tonight, around 20:00 uk time.  And yet a little later you join a new alliance, formed YESTERDAY, with 22 members now, and you are the top dog.

you are betraying somebody, and i suspect it is more than the players - it is the game.

your comments back up my reasoning.

Bow

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:29
Originally posted by bow locks bow locks wrote:

you see, here's the odd thing.

The action was tonight, around 20:00 uk time.  And yet a little later you join a new alliance, formed YESTERDAY, with 22 members now, and you are the top dog.

you are betraying somebody, and i suspect it is more than the players - it is the game.

your comments back up my reasoning.

Bow

Would you care to elaborate?

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:40
No.  Our position is clear, we support the designers and players of this game.  we wish this game to prosper, we wish players to prosper (albeit in an antagonistic sandbox).  further elaboration on my part is unnecessary.

you clearly wish the opposite.

and, tbh, further elaboration on your part is unnecessary too, and a denial would not be in keeping with your comments.

Bow

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:43

No.  Our position is clear, we support the designers and players of this game.  we wish this game to prosper, we wish players to prosper (albeit in an antagonistic sandbox).  further elaboration on my part is unnecessary.

you clearly wish the opposite.

and, tbh, further elaboration on your part is unnecessary too, and a denial would not be in keeping with your comments.

Bow

You're an imbecile.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 23:50
True, armies play a small part in this game. Also I never said that it would be a war. It could be like what the USA and china are doing. Right now the are at war. Not a war with armies but one of economics. Still what I said for my 1st post still stands. Good luck and have fun. 

Posted By: Rwdnyll
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:00
Rwdnyll not see such fun for very long time, bickering of meat products cause great laughter...

Bow seem almost as paranoid as Rok, and Rok voted most paranoid among the Horde many decades past...

Rwdnyll can see point in ranting though, what smell like fish usually is fish, but some conclusions should never be jumped at without something more than just smell alone...

One thing is certain though in the mind of Rwndyll... Green skins are not all noble like Rwdnyll, some just pure yellow...

Make of this what you will, though it is clear that translation not cheap to come by.....

The inverse may have lived among human and elf (maybe dwarf, but that not important) for many ages, but none of those have true understanding of meaning.....

Edit:
Quote It appears that if you leave your alliance in the middle of a war and join/start a new one, you immediately gain protection... for at least the duration of the war cool down timer.

I assume you could run again and keep yourself safe from attack in perpetuity.

Is that what's intended?  Seems like an alliance that is highly active and closely managed through an exterior forum could really exploit this.

-------------
Rwdnyll not interested in the mental processes of food...

Posted By: HonoredMule
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:32
Ask me why I chose to expend my entire forces against Diablito.  (It's not because of the laughable, thinly veiled slander campaign in the WW1 thread.)  Better yet, ask him why I might have a greater beef against him rather than laurachristine, the only player who as taken any action against me.

I will not share the specifics without consent of my alliance leadership, but I cannot stay totally silent.  DA, your declaration of war was, in my opinion, premature and flippant.  But that says nothing of your character or integrity as an alliance, and I do not wish to see the number 2 alliance torn apart so early in the game.  If H? were to take a commanding lead this early, the server might not recover.  I play another browser-based game where the alliance I am in has thrived and reached a dominant position by merit, loyalty, and talent for coordination alone, which is awesome...except the game is utterly dead now.  My possession of massive fleets is no less boring then my enemies' helplessness.  In the end, I gave up to more active mates all my holdings in every ocean but the one where I started, where I occasionally log in and queue more troops for the heck of it.

I want to see this server grow into a rich, diverse land with fair competition and room for fair play and solid reputations to thrive.  No matter what Diablito appeared to have to offer, I assure you that you are better off without him, DA, and you should thank me for pulling his teeth for you.  Diablito, no doubt you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Some of us have integrity, so tread lightly while you search for your next mark.  I hope The White Company truly deserves you...and sleeps with one eye open and on you.

----

vaunt, I don't really get what you are saying.  If you want an economic war, why declare militant war?  You don't see USA and China declaring war, do you?

----

Originally posted by Diablito Diablito wrote:

I destroyed Honoredmule, I destroyed the second attack, do you really think your pitiful 11 soldiers would have survived after i'd already slaughtered 136 of your friends?

Get real boy, I don't give a f**k about honour, this is business.

(Psst.  He had 11 units left after my attack, and at least 100 inbound from alliance mates who were late to get online, whose already-launched attacks were turned back because he fled to White--a game mechanic which in my opinion does far to much to reward cowardice.)  Now he was already planning on moving to White, but that is some pretty handy timing.  And yes, the value you place on honor is pretty clear.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:42
I defeated a player 20 ranks above myself and a second attack after, I could have avoided your 125 unites with ease by joining earlier, but I stayed to fight.

You, had 0 units left after the attack, I am left with what is probably the two highest level commanders in the game and a large shipment of weapons en-route to my base to replenish my army.

I am accustomed to being attacked, I am rarely the agressor, I am however, usually the victor.

All that said, I hold no grudge against H? nor does White Company, we are entirely neutral and available for hire by any party.

We're running a business, not a trumped up medieval fair.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:44
Rwdnyll hear that him run like elf in forest during the hunt... Not that Rwdnyll still hunt elf for sport, but the memories will always be a thing of beauty...

Rwdnyll thinks that the timing of the celebrated departure from the frey was more than just handy...

It is a yellow finger that twitches over the big red button...

Hur hur hur, pitiful meatsack have as much courage as a flower throwing elf pansy, plus a total lack of honour for good measure... It call itself Orc, hur hur hur

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:45
It calls itself the victor of the largest battle in Illyriad history, fought against the greatest army seen so far in this game.

It calls itself, a businessman.

Posted By: ThompsonsTotti
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:48
Originally posted by Rwdnyll Rwdnyll wrote:

Rwdnyll not see such fun for very long time, bickering of meat products cause great laughter...

Bow seem almost as paranoid as Rok, and Rok voted most paranoid among the Horde many decades past...

Rwdnyll can see point in ranting though, what smell like fish usually is fish, but some conclusions should never be jumped at without something more than just smell alone...

One thing is certain though in the mind of Rwndyll... Green skins are not all noble like Rwdnyll, some just pure yellow...

Make of this what you will, though it is clear that translation not cheap to come by.....

The inverse may have lived among human and elf (maybe dwarf, but that not important) for many ages, but none of those have true understanding of meaning.....

Edit:
Quote It appears that if you leave your alliance in the middle of a war and join/start a new one, you immediately gain protection... for at least the duration of the war cool down timer.

I assume you could run again and keep yourself safe from attack in perpetuity.

Is that what's intended?  Seems like an alliance that is highly active and closely managed through an exterior forum could really exploit this.
Who do you think you are talking about yourself in 3rd person... Ha. . . Ha makes me giggle!!

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 01:49
It would seem to infer much greatness and accumen upon itself. It would seem to be agreeable with itself far too much to be rational or even vaguely sane. It should maybe use the term, a hopeful businessorc...

No matter, green is green, yellow is not...

Edit:Rwdnyll would be the inverse of another converse, and has been a master of the art of third person for what seems many years.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 08:01
Diabolitico

You didn't 'win'.  you achieved a momentary advantage in limited results, but effectively surrendered half way through the fight when you realised that your 'business plan' had failed.

You 'lost' your honour and integrity.  You showed yourself a coward.  Who will do business with such a person?

Your 'business' is pitiful.  Life is too short, this thread is ended.

Rwdnyll - you win post style award! by the way!

Bow

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 08:16
I destroyed the #4th ranked player in the game, completely destroyed what I assume was H?'s largest army, and got away more or less scott free.

I'd say thats exactly what you want in a mercenary.

As for losing my honour and integrity, how can I lose what I never had?

Hiring me isn't hiring honour and integrity, it's hiring cunning, guile and results.

But let's not focus on H?, I would welcome contracts from H? in the future, I see you as a good prospective customer, be it from the alliance as a whole or from wealthy individuals within it.

Diabolitico

You didn't 'win'.  you achieved a momentary advantage in limited results, but effectively surrendered half way through the fight when you realised that your 'business plan' had failed.

You 'lost' your honour and integrity.  You showed yourself a coward.  Who will do business with such a person?

Your 'business' is pitiful.  Life is too short, this thread is ended.

Rwdnyll - you win post style award! by the way!

Bow

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 17:46
Originally posted by Diabolita Diabolita wrote:

As for losing my honour and integrity, how can I lose what I never had?

QFT...

-------------

Posted By: rescendent
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 21:19
For the record we had prior knowledge of Diablito's wish to leave the Alliance and join up with The White Company.

He had a desire for deeper machinations than DA was willing to satisfy, and The White Company will provide this outlet.

No hard feelings all round et al.

Posted By: Wuzzel
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 22:08
<3 Rescendent
Ok ok ok.... <3 for LC too ;).

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 01:47
I feel compelled to add, that while we might not have honour, we most certainly have style.

See our new alliance description for further details.

Posted By: Shaitana
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 04:35

Husband (see other posts) has nice ass.

Speaka from his hearth.

Anyone enemy to him, is enemy to me. I KILL enemy to husband.

White Company now formally mine as well. Bitch, or bitches, to disagree shall deal with ma husband and me!

We kill.

Orcish way. Get used to it.

-------------
If itsa not dead, i can killa it. Now getta out of my sodding way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9CGVPVy5Tc&feature=related

Want nice title?
Orcish Überlordess,
alright now?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 11:39
Where would Roxzor be when she is needed...
Where would translator grot be when she is around?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 11:55
Rwdnyll is allowad to content for my graces.

Kill Orc Diablito, I gonna be more agreeable to your approaches.

You allowed to be harming him for the time being to prove your worth. Others not.

Little blood loss not count... need full blood loss... as in death.

Anything less not count, and my Orc will stick to me.

Don't worry bout dents or little injuries. He not have time to attend to them when i gonna put my teeth in him again.  
... obviously... in a loving orcish way!

-------------

Want nice title?
Orcish Überlordess,
alright now?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 13:16
Go away Orcs!!!!

Dwarves shall rule Illyriad!

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 13:55
Dorfs are like weeds...

You insulta them in one post,
they comma back to haunt ya in other post.

Luckily this dorf White Company dorf.

Husband canna kill him. Clap

Nuff said!

-------------

Want nice title?
Orcish Überlordess,
alright now?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 14:01
I haunt you forever!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net