Print Page | Close Window

The Colony [TCol] declares war on W

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4435
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:31
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Colony [TCol] declares war on W
Posted By: Ander
Subject: The Colony [TCol] declares war on W
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 19:28
[19:26]*System The Colony [TCol] declares war on Worlds End [WE]

Replies:
Posted By: Jabbels
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 19:56
Great declaration I have to say!

Who are Tcol anyway?

-------------

Posted By: scaramouche
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 19:56
*tumbleweed*

-------------
NO..I dont do the Fandango!

Posted By: Loud Whispers
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 20:37
Originally posted by Jabbels Jabbels wrote:

Who are Tcol anyway?
2mil pop (2.5 mil pop less than World's end), they got 9th in the Dark Harvest tourney... Yeah I don't know much either.

Interesting enough though.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 20:43
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

Who are Tcol anyway?

2mil pop (2.5 mil pop less than World's end), they got 9th in the Dark Harvest tourney... Yeah I don't know much either.

Interesting enough though.

LOL, and we all know population means everything!

-------------

Posted By: Muristie
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 20:58

[QUOTE=Loud Whispers]

No, intelligence does.

You seem to take offense at TCol's war declaration.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 22:10

You Jab me unfairly Jabbels Cry

I was merely mentioning WE will have the industrial advantage whilst TCol have the density advantage, something that can never be overlooked.

If one side or the other shows up to clarify things, so the better! Otherwise facts (or else simple facts) will have to suffice.

Posted By: Sgt..Shanks
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 09:50

Thought Curse and DLords were doing fine trying to destroy us without any extra help...

Posted By: Magnificence
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 11:18
Will BSH and SCH be getting involved as well? Anyone?

Posted By: twilights
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 11:20
we need more and more alliances learning warfare, there is a big shift in power going on also...everyone good luck and have fun matching wits against each other in war play....the devs have done a great job and we can help them develop the war mechanics of the game so it becomes the best browser war game! good job The Colony!

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 15:54
Originally posted by Muristie Muristie wrote:

[QUOTE=Loud Whispers]

No, intelligence does.

You seem to take offense at TCol's war declaration.

Personally...

This might be just me! But don't troops and sieges win wars? You cannot really win a war with your mind/brain unless your a god or something, and you certainly aren't one.

Oh and offense about the declaration? What do you expect?

:)

-------------

Posted By: Myr
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 22:41
It's not the size of your armies, it's how you use them. Haven't you ever heard something along those lines Jabbels?

Strategy is huge in Illy, some strategies are working great in this war and others aren't. Next war you have to find new strategies to keep your enemy guessing. It is more than who has the biggest army.

Posted By: Bard
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:48
Myr, perhaps from a WE point of view it's a bit different :)  WE competed in the tourney, so it's minus a few troops for starters.  War breaks out, Consone v H? and DLords.  OK, not unexpected.  DARK and WoT join in, still v Consone, so ok, there we all are, willing to give it a fair shake.  It's what happened after that that makes me think WE might be somewhat targetted above others:

Curse declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
RES declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
POOP (aka Blyrr) is not in the war, but carries out attacks on WE.  No reason given in forums.
N sends troops and diplos against WE (not sure if there's a war declaration lying around somewhere)
TCol declares war against WE, and states that it is doing so on the forums.  No reason given.
VALAR declares support for Consone, notice given on the forums.

I do not think any other alliance is facing this sort of pressure, and you can be sure there will be lots of dodging tactics going on, but realistically I don't think a single alliance in Illy could take that on and win.  Not even the mighty H? would withstand such a concerted effort from so many points of origin.  WE do not have the luxury of any strategy except that of attempting to survive.  That is not really what I call a war, it is really more a co-ordinated effort at total suppression.

WE has asked for peace, but since RMY is apparently not given access to the H? forums, she can't exactly go there, despite HM saying that WE are not asking for peace.  WE have, repeatedly, but it is ignored.  If the rest of the Curse/TCol coalition members pile on (BSH and SCH) well so be it, although I don't think anyone in WE knows many of them.

You talk of troops numbers.  Try building them when you have over 200 diplo notifications a day in your mail box (and yes I have decent diplo defence), and yes DLords I am looking at you here.  Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources.  Yes, Curse and ~N~ I am looking at you.   To devise a strategy you have to HAVE some numbers, or the capability to build them.  That is being systematically throttled out of WE, probably for some political reason unknown to me.  When you come up with a strategy to compete with that, shoot me an IGM will you?

Posted By: bansisdead
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:37
Bard, Too my knowledge The Colony hasn't stated anything on the forums, this thread seems to be a declaration of war but does not include any statements from any TCol members, unless ander = Kale Weathers, which is not clear. 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/124253" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sisren
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:22
Originally posted by Bard Bard wrote:

... DARK and WoT join in, still v Consone, so ok, there we all are, willing to give it a fair shake.  It's what happened after that that makes me think WE might be somewhat targetted above others:

2 Points of note:
  1. Wheel of Time has made no such declarations of War, nor have they committed to any offensive or defensive position in this war.  Wheel of Time has made no comment in GC nor on the Forums to suggest that they intend otherwise.  Wheel of Time (WoT) thus far is Neutral in this.  Fact checking helps.  But that would be beneath you, right Bard?
  2. Perhaps it is your past performance that was a deciding factor?  ;)  just saying...  sometimes history comes back and slaps you around.

-------------
Illy is different from Physics-
Reactions are rarely Equal, and rarely the opposite of what you'd expect...

Posted By: twilights
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:23
sorry to hear of the problems WE is having, where are your allies? sometimes its better to move castles, give some up, and get a cluster group for an alliance defense...if you are taking too much damage maybe disbanding alliance or even going to the other side, the ones that do this early are the most likely to come out of this with the least damage.....some alliances are now looking for ways to jump in the rankings, some are settling old scores...the WE members in the west need to make some secret agreements.....it might be time to look out for the individual and not pay for the mistakes of leadership...people need to pick the right side to fight for in this war....good luck t-col

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:36

Curse declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
RES declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
POOP (aka Blyrr) is not in the war, but carries out attacks on WE.  No reason given in forums.
N sends troops and diplos against WE (not sure if there's a war declaration lying around somewhere)
TCol declares war against WE, and states that it is doing so on the forums.  No reason given.
VALAR declares support for Consone, notice given on the forums.

You talk of troops numbers.  Try building them when you have over 200 diplo notifications a day in your mail box (and yes I have decent diplo defence), and yes DLords I am looking at you here.  Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources.  Yes, Curse and ~N~ I am looking at you.   To devise a strategy you have to HAVE some numbers, or the capability to build them.  That is being systematically throttled out of WE, probably for some political reason unknown to me.  When you come up with a strategy to compete with that, shoot me an IGM will you?

More fact checking:

The only troops between ~N~ and WE that have met were when my troops hit Shanks at a siege she was at. We have sent no raids or attacks at any cities that I am aware of, let alone WE. 

As far as WE having more attacks than the other alliances, well I think that's because WE had made more enemies than the other alliances. Perhaps you can talk to your alliance leader or whoever takes care of your diplomatic relations to find out why those alliances aren't fond of WE. They are under no obligation to state their reasons here. They have seen an opportunity to strike and seized it. 

Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. 

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 13:54
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:

Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. 

LOL

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 14:08
Apologies Myr, it was NC, not N, that declared on WE.  I am a bit hazy on the N confeds, but I do accept your point.  Beecks is from NC and has definitely had some interaction as I am sure you know Tongue  Sisren is also correct, WoT did not declare war on us.

As for "Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. "  This of itself is nothing, but as I pointed out, " Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources."  Also, I do actually read that mail, and I know which players are sending to me, and others.  I know how many millions of resources I have lost, buildings that have been delevelled, queues of research lengthened, and commanders killed.  Unless you can be online 24/7 you simply cannot prevent it.

Assassins, thieves, sabs will get through on occasion.  Runes go into cooldown and you have no defences there.  You can move your stuff around as fast as you can, but the cumulative effect is that some of your military, buildings or resources will eventually take a hit.  When you have several alliances in concert doing this, it does make it very difficult to play the game with any realistic chance of building a sizeable army.  

Suggestions to consult with leadership about why this might be happening are fine, but that doesn't solve the immediate problem for players who have had nothing to do with issues that probably occurred before they started playing the game.  Like I said, when you can think of a strategy which would work, whilst operating under those conditions, IGM me.  

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 14:43

Suggestions to consult with leadership about why this might be happening are fine, but that doesn't solve the immediate problem for players who have had nothing to do with issues that probably occurred before they started playing the game.

Sounds to me like it's time to seek out a new alliance.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 14:50
As a new player you may not know the whole history of the alliance but you accept the help and support that is offered by that alliance. Unfortunately sometimes you will also take a beating because of your association.
Did WE help you to grow and learn about the game? I'm sure they did which is good.
Does WE have things in their past that members new and old are now drawn into a war about? Apparently so.

You have to take the good with the bad.

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 17:58
Just a note..... Anderrent is in no way related to Kale Weathers or any of the Colony.

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 18:31
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

Just a note..... Anderrent is in no way related to Kale Weathers or any of the Colony.

Absolutely! I only posted the system message here. I have no knowledge of Kale Weathers or Colony.

Sorry for any confusion caused! Big smile

Posted By: ES2
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 18:32
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:

You have to take the good with the bad.

Lately people only want to take the benefits and when they are forced to deal with the bad they whine about how unfair it is. 

-------------
Eternal Fire

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 19:40
It's a shame... I really cannot be bothered to read your rubbish Myr.

But I am making no further comments here seeing as I'll only insult you.

Regards,

Victim of a bully.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 20:15
No one was whining EF.  Simply seeking clarification is all.

Posted By: ES2
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 21:08
Bard,

I wasn't saying anyone in WE was whining, or anyone in ~N~ or whoever, I was saying that from my personal experience I have encountered people who want all the benefits of an alliance but when an event comes around that requires teamwork to survive as an alliance, they want nothing to do with it and in turn complain about the "unfairness".

You get those people everywhere and in my opinion there should never be just benefits. 

-------------
Eternal Fire

Posted By: Beecks
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 21:14

Victim of a bully.

Nonsense. WE entered this war voluntarily. Loyalty towards ones alliance brings both rewards and obligations.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 23:35
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

... DARK and WoT join in, still v Consone, so ok, there we all are, willing to give it a fair shake.  It's what happened after that that makes me think WE might be somewhat targetted above others:

2 Points of note:
  1. Wheel of Time has made no such declarations of War, nor have they committed to any offensive or defensive position in this war.  Wheel of Time has made no comment in GC nor on the Forums to suggest that they intend otherwise.  Wheel of Time (WoT) thus far is Neutral in this.  Fact checking helps.  But that would be beneath you, right Bard?
  2. Perhaps it is your past performance that was a deciding factor?  ;)  just saying...  sometimes history comes back and slaps you around.

Bard,
It was brought to my attention that my post was quite snide and rude towards you.  I apologize for that, it is undeserved.
To bring more clarity to my points, with the snide and rude bits removed:
  1. Wheel of Time is an uninvolved party in this War.  Calling them out in this fashion may bring them in however, just as Dark was called out and drawn into the ~NC~ / STEEL conflict.
  2. The History of World's End and it's dealings with others may have resulted in animosity that others are using to their gains presently.
Again, my apologies to you personally.

Humbly,
Sisren

-------------

Posted By: Silverlake
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 23:53
Originally posted by Sgt..Shanks Sgt..Shanks wrote:

Thought Curse and DLords were doing fine trying to destroy us without any extra help...

You reap what you sow, would you like me to start a laundry list of all the dirty deeds you've done while playing illy?  Because I will, you might cry in GC... "Woe is me..." but you have done too many wrongs to white wash your history of underhanded behavior as a victim.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/57338" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 00:27
Originally posted by Silverlake Silverlake wrote:

You reap what you sow, would you like me to start a laundry list of all the dirty deeds you've done while playing illy?  Because I will, you might cry in GC... "Woe is me..." but you have done too many wrongs to white wash your history of underhanded behavior as a victim.

Slowly Silverlake...   There wasn't any offense in that post, only ironic congratulations on H?'s recent successfull sieges on WE.
Why so aggressive?

Posted By: Wexler The Fabled
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 01:20
Further to Sisren's posts I confirm that Wheel of Time is currently neutral in this global conflict. It has not declared war on anyone and has no plans to add its hat into the fray at the current time.

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 02:00
Originally posted by Wexler The Fabled Wexler The Fabled wrote:

Further to Sisren's posts I confirm that Wheel of Time is currently neutral in this global conflict. It has not declared war on anyone and has no plans to add its hat into the fray at the current time.

Why not? Its apparently war season.

In fact has anyone summed up how much population of illy is at war vs total pop of illy?  I think it would be a cool number to see. 

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 05:16
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

In fact has anyone summed up how much population of illy is at war vs total pop of illy?  I think it would be a cool number to see. 

Population at war: 65,455,455
Total server population: 196,427,555
Percentage of server at war: ~33.3%

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 05:32
Originally posted by Darmon Darmon wrote:

Population at war: 65,455,455
Total server population: 196,427,555
Percentage of server at war: ~33.3%
Thanks, one post with facts about the war helps to read ten more posts about the war without facts... Tongue

Posted By: Lovecraft
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 07:01

I'd like the laundry list, since I can't fathom what WE players have done to stir up such hatred.  I do not know you, Silverlake, have never met you in the game, and have no history of bad dealings with you, or anyone in H?  In fact I have a city near many H? players, and have never had any contact with them about anything.  If events have occurred in the past, it must be a fair way back.  I can't think of any new WE people who are "reaping what they sowed" in a deserved fashion, simply because they haven't been in WE long enough to even meet most of the people who have entered the conflict with us.  I am getting incoming from people I have never heard of, with the exception of Pepe from Curse whom I do know of as he is very near me, although we have never exchanged any words or complaints.

I joined WE in around about February this year, and I do not regret the decision.  The members have been wonderfully supportive, and fun to play the game with.  If this history has nothing to do with the majority of the current WE players, then surely it is time to accept that WE has moved on from whatever perfidy happened in the long distant past.  If there is some long standing issue between H? (and others) with people who have been around for a long time, what is your aim?  To get rid of them?  To make them quit?  To break the alliance up?  To punish everyone who has joined?

Having asked leadership about it, they were under the impression that everything had been dealt with (apart from the RES ongoing spat).  I think everyone is happy to have a good fight where the motives are understood, and you can still be friends after it.  This type of conflict is not like that for us though, and as an ordinary member I don't understand why you seem to dislike WE so much. 

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 07:49
Originally posted by Lovecraft Lovecraft wrote:

I'd like the laundry list, since I can't fathom what WE players have done to stir up such hatred.  I do not know you, Silverlake, have never met you in the game, and have no history of bad dealings with you, or anyone in H?  In fact I have a city near many H? players, and have never had any contact with them about anything.  If events have occurred in the past, it must be a fair way back.  I can't think of any new WE people who are "reaping what they sowed" in a deserved fashion, simply because they haven't been in WE long enough to even meet most of the people who have entered the conflict with us.  I am getting incoming from people I have never heard of, with the exception of Pepe from Curse whom I do know of as he is very near me, although we have never exchanged any words or complaints.

I joined WE in around about February this year, and I do not regret the decision.  The members have been wonderfully supportive, and fun to play the game with.  If this history has nothing to do with the majority of the current WE players, then surely it is time to accept that WE has moved on from whatever perfidy happened in the long distant past.  If there is some long standing issue between H? (and others) with people who have been around for a long time, what is your aim?  To get rid of them?  To make them quit?  To break the alliance up?  To punish everyone who has joined?

Having asked leadership about it, they were under the impression that everything had been dealt with (apart from the RES ongoing spat).  I think everyone is happy to have a good fight where the motives are understood, and you can still be friends after it.  This type of conflict is not like that for us though, and as an ordinary member I don't understand why you seem to dislike WE so much. 
Sorry, that was not meant for WE, but at RMY, she knows her history

-------------

Posted By: Sgt..Shanks
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 08:43

Not a clue what RMY has done... feel free to IGM me silverlake!

Posted By: Ossian
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 09:45

Uhmmm...

Posted By: Southern Dwarf
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 16:52
I am not in Consone but is not W part of it? So Consone should because of mutual defense declare war on the colony. Or did I get it wrong?

-------------
Also known as Afaslizo ingame.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 17:14
Southern Dwarf, An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, makes the whole world blind and toothless?

BSHx have a confed with TCol, we would be expected to declare war on Consone, following your logic?

-------------

Posted By: scaramouche
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 17:28
I find it very amusing that it takes 3 alliances to gang up to try and beat up a bunch of farmers...but we're still here!

ooh your sooo brave..

pitchforks at the ready.

-------------
NO..I dont do the Fandango!

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:12
Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

I am not in Consone but is not W part of it? So Consone should because of mutual defense declare war on the colony. Or did I get it wrong?

All depends on The Colonies goals. 

If you assume their goal is to make H? victorious, then yes Consone should/will likely declare war on them. 

HOWEVER, we do not know their goals. The Colony could be having a territorial dispute with W, and they have decided the best course of action is to engage them in combat while they are busy fighting another war. 

It is also just as likely that The Colony does not like someone in W, or W's leadership, and have decided to go to war against them due to this small group of people. 

What we do know is that The Colony has only declared war on W, not all of Consone. Whatever problem they have, it seems to be only with W. 

Consone alliances will have to make a decision to support W in their war with The Colony, or leave it to W to sort out. This decision will likely be impacted once the nature and goal of The Colony is revealed. 

It is also interesting that it is only The Colony going to war, not the entire Dark Star Nation. 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/45534" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:32
I'm waiting for them to declare on X, Y and Z.

-------------
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:57
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

All depends on The Colonies goals. 

If you assume their goal is to make H? victorious, then yes Consone should/will likely declare war on them. 

HOWEVER, we do not know their goals. The Colony could be having a territorial dispute with W, and they have decided the best course of action is to engage them in combat while they are busy fighting another war. 

It is also just as likely that The Colony does not like someone in W, or W's leadership, and have decided to go to war against them due to this small group of people. 

What we do know is that The Colony has only declared war on W, not all of Consone. Whatever problem they have, it seems to be only with W. 

Consone alliances will have to make a decision to support W in their war with The Colony, or leave it to W to sort out. This decision will likely be impacted once the nature and goal of The Colony is revealed. 

It is also interesting that it is only The Colony going to war, not the entire Dark Star Nation. 

If you read the Colony's profile, it's pretty easy to see what their motivation is here.  They like to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses.  I imagine the reason none of WE's confederates have join to help them is that they are all tied up with their own much more threatening enemies.  

Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

I'm waiting for them to declare on X, Y and Z.

You're just jealous their's another alliance being abbreviated to one letter now. 

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:16
Aurordan...I've just read The Colonies profile and it didn't say anything about them liking "to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses." all I saw was a statement claiming they were military based, makes a change to all those alliances claiming they are peaceful but engaged in war ....WE are peaceful ...But please do not push us!!! (I got that from one of consones members alliance profiles).  They are also ranked 18 in alliance rankings, not exactly small fry.

-------------

Posted By: Janosch
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:16
Originally posted by Ossian Ossian wrote:

Uhmmm...

LOL

What is in there? Soupe?

-------------
You like Democracy? Join the http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/topic3448_post42792.html#42792" rel="nofollow - Old Republic !

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:30
I was originally intending to leave this thread alone, but I feel that I must interject at the sheer offensiveness of Auroran's post.
Firstly, TCol are not wannabe "Military badasses", and your lack of knowledge about them shines through in your sweeping statement about their profile. A bit of history for you- TCol have been in two wars, one against ICON and another against LWO. The LWO one, they were less actively involved than the Cave or BSH but instead defended their cities and participating in the fifth tournament. The ICON war, they fought alone and you will not find any mention of it in the forums. Why? Because Jude only posted the ones that he was either winning in or hurting the opponent. He didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot.
Secondly, they did not join in order to make themselves feel good. I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:34
Originally posted by bansisdead bansisdead wrote:

Aurordan...I've just read The Colonies profile and it didn't say anything about them liking "to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses." all I saw was a statement claiming they were military based, makes a change to all those alliances claiming they are peaceful but engaged in war ....WE are peaceful ...But please do not push us!!! (I got that from one of consones members alliance profiles).  They are also ranked 18 in alliance rankings, not exactly small fry.

You may need to practice your inference.  How much of it is spent bragging of crushing victories against much smaller or already beleaguered opponents?  And I don't see where being a military alliance comes in.  I have more respect for a generally peaceful alliance standing up for its allies and its ideals than a militant one cherry-picking easy victories.    

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:45

A bit of history for you- TCol have been in two wars, one against ICON and another against LWO. 

Well how could I doubt the prowess of an alliance tested against such powerhouses as LWO and ICON?  I'm not sure if this is making your point or mine.  

I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.
I'm not.  As I said, I've figured out why.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:51
Aurordan, WE are bigger than their smaller opponents TCol, so I suggest you may need to practice your inference.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 21:02

Aurordan, WE are bigger than their smaller opponents TCol, so I suggest you may need to practice your inference.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.  The relative sizes of the two alliances need not be inferred, they're pretty openly available information.  So is the fact that WE was already at war with six alliances, and not holding up very well at all.  

I will, however, follow your advice as best I can.  You surely realized this, and yet deliberately made the deceptive statement that WE are larger than TCol, despite the fact that under the circumstances that is completely irrelevant.  What I'm inferring here is that you have no intention of discussing this in good faith, but are simply spinning things as best you can to cover for your confederates in TCol.  How's that?   

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 21:21
Post deleted- The Gods advised me to refrain from posting on this irrelevant thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 21:34

Aurordan "How much of it is spent bragging of crushing victories against much smaller or already beleaguered opponents?"

ring any bells, you are inferring WE are smaller or a beleaguered alliance, compared to TCol.  I was simply correcting you, as irrelevant as you may feel it is, the fact is WE is twice as big as TCol. 

Yes, small OR beleaguered.  WE are the latter.  I fail to see the problem with that statement. 

I would say this following statement comes close to spin...
"They like to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses."

Simply an assessment of the situation based on available evidence.  I'm always open to persuasion, but so far it seems to be holding up rather well.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 03:21
Originally posted by Janosch Janosch wrote:

Originally posted by Ossian Ossian wrote:

Uhmmm...

LOL

What is in there? Soupe?
Not even close you little trade vixen, Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 04:03
[QUOTE=Wexler The Fabled]Further to Sisren's posts I confirm that Wheel of Time is currently neutral in this global conflict. It has not declared war on anyone and has no plans to add its hat into the fray at the current time.[/QUOTE

Also, I can say at least that Dark has not requested ANY aid - neither military nor resource, from Wheel of Time, to show no impropriety in the neutral stance taken by our friends.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 06:32
Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.

And as I said, you are wrong.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 18:01

And yet you can provide no information or insight as to how I might be. 

Posted By: Muristie
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 18:23

And yet you can provide no information or insight as to how I might be. 

I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.

Just pointing this out for you, Aurordan.

Posted By: Kidrock
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 21:25
No Basis for the declaration i just find it funny....if all cofeds declare wars on the basis of having cofeds whole illy will be at war !!

Plain Stupid

Posted By: Drejan
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 23:31
Originally posted by Kidrock Kidrock wrote:

No Basis for the declaration i just find it funny....if all cofeds declare wars on the basis of having cofeds whole illy will be at war !!

Plain Stupid
Said by a WE/Consone seams funny to me...

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 01:32

Plain Stupid
Isn't that why you declared war on H??

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 10:17
we have enough reasons to do that. WE are not going to be bullied around. WE is a free alliance.

If you still cannot understand that then Clap enjoy !!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 17:18
WE is starting to confuse me about as much as the ? in H?Confused

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 18:37

Plain Stupid

Irony.

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 19:12
So if nobody declares war on anybody else because of a confed, what is the point of a confederation? I mean this seriously, as your stance puzzles me.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 19:47
nokigon i aint saying that nobody...but what did we ever do to t-col ?

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 19:49
i see its pointless to set forth my point here where they are all ready to turn away and show u their back while already forming biased opinions.

Please argue with some one else Clap

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 20:57
has TCOL made their intentions clear? 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/45534" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 22:37
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

has TCOL made their intentions clear? 

Has anyone?

Posted By: Beecks
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 23:35
TCol has stated that anyone with any questions can contact Kale Weathers via IGM. It's not hard to see why they'd pass on posting their reasons on the forums. The wailing and gnashing of teeth over TCol joining is really rather funny coming from a confederation that prides itself on following one another into wars that don't involve them (see Roads).

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net