Print Page | Close Window

*** Chat disconnected - retrying ***

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: Technical Support
Forum Description: Post your technical support related questions here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3832
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 13:05
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: *** Chat disconnected - retrying ***
Posted By: Brids17
Subject: *** Chat disconnected - retrying ***
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:11
Is anyone else getting this message? It keeps repeating in AC and GC for me and then it auto-signed me out. =\

Replies:
Posted By: gangas
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:24
it happens to me when i lose internet connection  

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:28
Chat disconnects and then I get booted....can stay logged in just long enough to click into an IGM and then...BLAMMO!

Edit to add: Maybe the update? It IS Saturday...the update date choice of late...

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:35
Turning off chat (both GC and AC) didn't help...still booted after about 30 seconds.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Marquesta
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:47
Getting the same thing here, in Chrome. In FF it just wont load period!

-------------
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:49
I managed to get back online after trying several times. It's ok for me for now. (Unrelated but 1000th post =P)

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 06:52
This happened to me, then seemingly fixed itself, and now is back to doing it.  Also Chrome here.

Posted By: Cerex Flikex
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 07:25
I had this problem. It's working now after a few browser restarts.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/149824" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 09:12
Ditto, voluntary logout + clear cache + login fixed it for me; or it fixed itself while I tried this. 

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 09:58
Bah, can't get into game Cry

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Talonas
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 10:56
Same, Log in...wait 5 secs and am auto booted after all chat windows come up with trying to reconnect in them.

Posted By: Diomedes
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 11:44
Same for me too on Chrome.... Firefox is working for now

-------------
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"

Posted By: Cleopatra
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 14:29
I am also getting the chat disconnected message. The game will let me in, but kicks me out about 45 seconds after I get in. I tried turning both chats off completely, but that didn't fix anything.  I can do one or two things in the game, like put in a couple production orders, before getting kicked, so it isn't my internet connection.  I'm using chrome, and don't have any other kind of browser on my computer so I dunno if it would work properly in a different one.  I'll just check back later and see if its fixed.

Posted By: Chaos Armor
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 14:47
Originally posted by Talonas Talonas wrote:

Same, Log in...wait 5 secs and am auto booted after all chat windows come up with trying to reconnect in them.

I had the same problem last night and now I'm having it again. I'm also on Chrome.

Posted By: gangas
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 14:49
Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

Ditto, voluntary logout + clear cache + login fixed it for me; or it fixed itself while I tried this. 

i did this worked Clap

Posted By: glorfindel
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 14:51
Now now, everyone. I'm sure the game devs, either in a drunken stupor or stiff hangover from a night of binge drinking, and working hard on fixing this problem.

Dead

Posted By: Rohk
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 15:02
This happened to me last night and I found that even clearing the cache in Chrome did not work all the time but what fixed it for me was disabling IllyTools and OptiIlly (the emoticon patch). I also put in a petition.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/53810" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Dieneces
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 15:18
Having problems as well in chrome and Firefox.getting really bothersome trying to talk in chats and and it wants to kick you out or off the game.  Unhappy

Posted By: The_Dude
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 15:37
This issue is continuing for me.  Chrome ... I cleared cache and things worked fine for several minutes.  Then the problem recurred and now cache clearing does not fix the problem at all.

Same issue on IE9.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 15:44
iPad having same issue currently. Not a browser issue.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 15:49
Clearing Cookies and Data did the trick. Worked on Chrome when I cleared it, so...hmmm.

Fix this please.

Logged out and back in to alt. account and getting the same exact issue.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 17:38
Problem is back for me now. I tried clearing my cache on chrome and it didn't work. =\

Posted By: Auraya
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 17:49
Just happened to me but only on one account o.O Not sure what Elgea has against my alt. 

Posted By: EvilKatia
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 17:51
Me and a few members in my alliance had the same problem we posted under support ticket number 6780. gm luna's and tiberius seemed to be aware yesterday guess they must still be working on that..... When you relog in log out immediately and close that internet window re-open Illy in a new window generally works. Waiting a couple of minutes can help also it give the game time to 'disconnect' you from the game

-------------
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 18:11
Able to log in for for about 1 0r 2 minutes but no connection to chat.
Then being auto logged out of game Big smile

Petition 6781

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 18:20
Getting worse nwo I absolutely cant log in no matter what I do so no Petition but....lots of whine ??? Earlier when I sign in under private navigation window everything worked fine again. Now doesnt work no more :(.

-------------
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO

Posted By: Berylla
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 19:15
I have the same problem... with or without chat I get disconnected... both in Chrome and Firefox.

-------------
I speak peace, but carry a war axe.
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/47566" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Torn Sky
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 19:39
I dc on my iPhone

Have any gms said anything to anyone?

Posted By: alshia
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 19:54
Running Chrome, 

did voluntary log out, did cache empty, still no go on the chat connecting. 

Suggestions?

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 20:06
Keep trying alshia.

GM Luna and GM Tiberius were in chat last night and acknowledged the problem.  I went to bed and haven't heard anything since, but numerous people report it as an ongoing problem.

However, players also report that trying multiple times eventually led to success.  And not everyone is having this problem.  Some people report that switching browsers works; I have seen this problem reported by people using Chrome and Firefox as well as mobile devices, so it may be a server problem.

All of that is speculation, this technical stuff is not really my area, but it's all the information I have.

In short:  Keep trying!

Posted By: Berylla
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 20:11
After a while I could get back in... odd problem.

-------------
I speak peace, but carry a war axe.
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/47566" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Mona Lisa
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 20:24
I was on all morning without issue, then tried switching to my alt...  and POOF... on for about 30 sec to 1 min ... chat failing to connect the entire time... and then poof!  kicked out ...

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 20:27
Hello all,

We are aware of the issue but don't yet have any updates on a resolution. Thanks for your patience!

Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 20:53
Some hours later, as reported by others, after a relogin caused by my ISP my recipe "clear cache" to get out of the login loop failed.  Kill Illy cookies also didn't do the trick, but enabling GC+AC apparently helped.  It is good that others also report problems, this can't be a bad case of hallucinations only on my side. Tongue 

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 22:17
... yes . . . most annoying  . . .

Posted By: JimJams
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 22:20
Today I played without problem, now I cannot stay online more than 10 seconds.

Luna, TC, you should definitively start thinking about a live test server. Updating every day your code on the real server is really really really not a good idea. Ask any IT professional about it. 
It's only a matter of time and you will involuntary do some real damage...

Posted By: Venita
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 22:21
Hope it is fixed soon, didn't matter what I used, chrome, ie or firefox ...all have the same issue and kicked me out after gc and ac chat ......what are my troops doing ??? partying I am SURE!!! My beer will be gone, the men laying about...... will be a mess to put back together lol

Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 22:47
illyriad seems to log off after a fixed number of failed attempts to connect to chat.  refreshing the page restarts the count, so those desperate to stay on can watch the failure count and refresh after five or so failed attempts.  after several minutes, i was able to connect to chat and have not had any additional problems remaining connected.

Posted By: Cleopatra
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 22:58
Aw man! I was hoping this would be fixed by the time I got off of work! lol. still kicking me. grrr.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 23:12
Patience and waiting some time before reconnecting seem to be the key its been doing that to me last night and today the whole day sigh

-------------
Kat

Posted By: JimJams
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 23:49
If this bit of info can help developers: after having successfully log I started a sitting session and the problem was present on the sitting, returning to my account and it was ok, sitting again, problem, back ok, sitting again finally ok.

Also, while the chat reconnection message is up, if you write in the chat, it works, and your alliance mates can read your message, so the chat is not really down.

Posted By: ozrik
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 00:05
I log on,  chat refuses to load and I'm thrown back to the sign-in page. Can't get anything done in game! 

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 03:03
I can't do anything in the game, I log in and as soon as click anything, I'm logged out.  Can't play the game this way.   :(

Edit:  Btw, closing both chats (GC/AC) doesn't solve the problem, I still get logged out.    

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 03:25
grrrr....  memories of post patch EQ or WoW

... whatever someone is playing with in the background isn't working... hope it isnt part of the new "upgrade"....

Hrmph....  seems even harder to get in now... retying before got me in ... now it is being ...  an even bigger pain.....

Posted By: iaikidou
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 04:04
same issue here... log in, do 1 thing, get booted, repeat Ouch

chrome, ff, and mobile android browser

Posted By: iaikidou
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 04:09
devs please help us!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 04:20
The latest word from GM Luna is that it might be on the host server side, per her comment in global chat.  They are trying to get it fixed.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 04:32
We are investigating these network issues with our server hosting company.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 05:03
Hi 

If you are still experiencing issues could you send a traceroute to accounts@illyriad.co.uk

The traceroute should be to: elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk

On windows you would do this by running the following at a command prompt:

tracert elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk

Also please indicate what part of the world you are in and who your internet service provider is (e.g.  ATT, Comcast, etc)

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 09:53
Anecdotally, things seem to be a bit better now.  An informal poll of the folks in gc did not turn up anyone currently having issues with this.  Of course, it's possible that the people having issues have given up or are just not able to get online to complain.  However, a number of people who did have issues say they are not having them any longer.

Posted By: RatuJone
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 05:04
Started again just now.....it is definitely tied to the AC (GC as well?) AC disappears and I get kicked...AC stays away I can log on but get kicked within a minute. D**ned annoying!!

-------------
I'm pretty Harmless, really :)

Posted By: Binky the Berserker
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 05:11
Having the problem now for the first time. very annoying. hope it gets fixed soon. Can't stay logged in for more then 30 secs

Posted By: SugarFree
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 05:14
Originally posted by Binky the Berserker Binky the Berserker wrote:

Having the problem now for the first time. very annoying. hope it gets fixed soon. Can't stay logged in for more then 30 secs
this.

-------------
Nuisance

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 05:23
What happens is that the server makes a certain number of attempts to log in to the chat and after it fails that number of times, it disconnects.  The key appears to be, when you see "chat disconnected" immediately refresh several times; this will reset the "counter" and prevent you from being kicked out of the game until eventually you are able to get a good connection to chat.  (It works for me, at any rate.)

Those who are having problems, please follow the instructions from GM TC's post above.  I'm repasting them for your convenience.

If you are still experiencing issues could you send a traceroute to accounts@illyriad.co.uk

The traceroute should be to: elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk

On windows you would do this by running the following at a command prompt:

tracert elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk

Also please indicate what part of the world you are in and who your internet service provider is (e.g.  ATT, Comcast, etc)

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 05:42
Could you try refreshing Chrome's dns cache:  http://superuser.com/questions/203674/how-to-clear-flush-the-dns-cache-in-google-chrome" rel="nofollow - http://superuser.com/questions/203674/how-to-clear-flush-the-dns-cache-in-google-chrome

The restart chrome and see if that helps.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 06:53
GM TC, at least one user reports that clearing the dns cache did not help.

Posted By: Drejan
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 08:13
Trace route sent
Dns cache reset did not help :(
It does not happen all the time and refreshing many time usually end in a connection.

Posted By: ozrik
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:47
Th old problem is back.. clearing cache does not help

Posted By: Jabbels
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:00
It's happening to me now, earlier today. I logged in and it was fine for 20 minutes then.. It logged me out... I logged back in and refreshed several times and the chats were blank. I re-freshed again and have no problem atm. J'saying :)

~James

-------------

Posted By: Qaal
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:44
Clearing the cache seemed to work temporarily for me. Got a couple of days reprieve, but the problem is back again...

Posted By: Elrond EƤrfalas
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 13:05
Happening to me, i tried firefox and chrome, on two diffrent computers, and it wont let me in, what can i do?

Posted By: Prometheuz
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 13:36
Hi Elrond. If you are using "Chrome" try clearing your cookies

Also I petitioned the Devs about this and the reply is.....

If you are still experiencing issues could you send a traceroute to accounts@illyriad.co.uk The traceroute should be to: elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk On windows you would do this by running the following at a command prompt: tracert elgea-notify.illyriad.co.uk Also please indicate what part of the world you are in and who your internet service provider is (e.g. ATT, Comcast, etc) Kind regards GM ThunderCat

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net