Print Page | Close Window

6July2012 - Enforced Account Removal

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3771
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 22:46
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 6July2012 - Enforced Account Removal
Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Subject: 6July2012 - Enforced Account Removal
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:18
We are changing our auto-abandonment policy from tomorrow. Rather than a "one in one out" policy we are moving to an strict enforced time criteria.

Every 6 hours ALL accounts that fail these tests will be abandoned. Pre-warnings will be issued via registered email in the circumstances noted:
  • 0 population, last active 4 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (No email)
  • Less than 20 population, last active 7 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (No email)
  • Less than 100 population, last active 14 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (Emails sent at 7 and 1 days)
  • Between 101-500 population, last active 30 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (Emails sent at 14, 7 and 1 days)
  • Between 501-1000 population, last active 45 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (Emails sent at 14, 7 and 1 days)
  • Over 1000 population, last active 60 days, [non-prestige purchaser] = deletion. (Emails sent at 14, 7 and 1 days)
  • Any population, last active 90 days, [prestige purchaser] = deletion. (Emails sent at 14, 7 and 1 days)
You can change your email address in the accounts and preferences page in game. Player suspended accounts will not be contacted. Accounts under siege etc will not be abandoned; until it has finished.

The in-game account sitting mechanism is the method to use to keep your account active if you need to be away for an extended period of time.

Replies:
Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:21
Nice, this should help keep Elgea cleaned up! 

does active include sitters? 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/45534" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:28
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Nice, this should help keep Elgea cleaned up! 

does active include sitters? 

Originally posted by 
GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

The in-game account sitting mechanism is the method to use to keep your account active if you need to be away for an extended period of time.

Posted By: shadow
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:30
You just single handedly took out more alliances than anyone in the game...lol. Nice work TC!

-------------

Posted By: Turgor
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:37
That should sort out the real estate problem!!

Posted By: Garth
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 19:37
And the hand of the Immortals shall smite thee and wipe all trace of thy existence from the land...

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 20:02
Just in case, if I understand this correctly the old ( http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/09dec11-release-notes-apopalypse-now_topic2924.html" rel="nofollow - apopalypse now ) "empty profile" test is not more used, and "siege etc." includes blockades, attacks, raids, and diplomatic visits to any town of an inactive account.  Question

Posted By: Julius Cofen
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 20:32
Just a quick suggestion -- where players are in alliances, have you considered notifying the head of the alliance as well?  I know a lot of alliances have inactive members that they want to hold so they can siege them later, and it would be useful for them to know for planning's sake if their cities were about to disappear...

Posted By: Kumomoto
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 21:40
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

You just single handedly took out more alliances than anyone in the game...lol. Nice work TC!

Lmao. So true!

Posted By: Kumomoto
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 21:42
Originally posted by Julius Cofen Julius Cofen wrote:

Just a quick suggestion -- where players are in alliances, have you considered notifying the head of the alliance as well?  I know a lot of alliances have inactive members that they want to hold so they can siege them later, and it would be useful for them to know for planning's sake if their cities were about to disappear...

I think this is marvelous, because there are, imo, way, way too many cases of this going on and they are totally cluttering the map. If alliances want those cities, then they need to get on it quickly or lose them.

Bravo, TC! This is an incredibly positive step, imo, for all levels of player in Illy!

Posted By: PonderStibbons
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 21:56
Hi TC,
If the last player from an alliance is removed this way, will the alliance also get automatically deleted?

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 22:01
I like this...very much.

Thank you TopCat ^^

Posted By: scottfitz
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 22:10
Excellent change! Cut out the deadwood!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 22:54
Originally posted by PonderStibbons PonderStibbons wrote:

Hi TC,
If the last player from an alliance is removed this way, will the alliance also get automatically deleted?
Yes, empty alliances get deleted on the stoke of midnight when the moon is full.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 22:55
Addendum: When trying to login to a Suspended or Auto-Abandoned account it now tells you that it has been suspended or abandoned - rather than just invalid username or password.

Posted By: Rymal
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 04:43
I'm looking forward to seeing a brave new Illy, where the deer and the antelope can play.

Nicely done.  Thanks!

-------------
The optimist sees the glass to be 1/2 full; the pessimist sees it to be 1/2 empty and the engineer sees that the size of the glass needs to be changed!

Posted By: twilights
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:08
90 days....puke, 90 days? log in 4 times a year....puke! how many accounts just play when u guys make changes? i know its ur game but gosh its going to be a map populated by inactive castles that log in every once in a while....facebook and others have auto log in....omg....reconsider this policy... some of us play everyday....how is this fair to us....ghost town illy might not be that fun

Posted By: Rohk
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 13:04
Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

90 days....puke, 90 days? log in 4 times a year....puke! how many accounts just play when u guys make changes? i know its ur game but gosh its going to be a map populated by inactive castles that log in every once in a while....facebook and others have auto log in....omg....reconsider this policy... some of us play everyday....how is this fair to us....ghost town illy might not be that fun

Gameplayer, have you seen the map since they started this 12 hours ago? It has cleared out considerably and a lot of terrain has opened up for all the active players to settle new cities in better spots.

Thanks TC, I think that this has and will continue the help the crowding.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/53810" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 13:50
Smile

Posted By: Babbens
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 14:28
Great! Cool
Some clean up was definetly needed!

Posted By: Silvermania
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 14:57
Hi sorry just to be clear, the timer for the deletion of these inactive towns start tomorrow? So say if a town >1000 pop has been inactive so far for 59 days, would it get deleted when tomorrow comes around?

-------------

Posted By: Cerridwyn
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 02:50
3 Cheers.

gets rid of people cluttering up the map!

-------------

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 04:54
TC:

You've been in this game for over two years now.

445 pop?

Pigeon: time to delete.

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Posted By: Brids17
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 05:51
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

TC:

445 pop?

To be fair, I did siege down his capital, which was somewhere around population 2000 I believe. 

Posted By: Desi
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 05:56
I am really looking forward to more room on the map for the new players that want to play this game!  It will make my job so much easier, THANK YOU, YOU ROCK!!

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 13:17
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

TC:

445 pop?

To be fair, I did siege down his capital, which was somewhere around population 2000 I believe. 

Hey Brids. I think TC should award you a medal for that. Big smile

Posted By: Brids17
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 22:10
Originally posted by Gilthoniel Gilthoniel wrote:

Hey Brids. I think TC should award you a medal for that. Big smile

Lol,, I'll gladly take a medal for that. =P

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 22:31

TC:

445 pop?

Big smile

Posted By: lokifeyson
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 06:36
cool, i like it

-------------

Posted By: tallica
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 19:20
does this change start countdown on july 6 or on the last day the player logged in?

Posted By: Rohk
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 21:15
Based on what has happened with some members in my alliance, the countdown must have started on the last day the player logged in.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/53810" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: The_Dude
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 23:47
Originally posted by Rohk Rohk wrote:

Based on what has happened with some members in my alliance, the countdown must have started on the last day the player logged in.
Ditto.  One the first day of implementation, RES had 3 stale inactives disappear.

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 00:18
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Originally posted by Rohk Rohk wrote:

Ditto.  One the first day of implementation, RES had 3 stale inactives disappear.

All those resources... and TIME! 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/45534" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Morwen Silverleaf
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 13:25
Pardon a newbie question, please, but - what IS the "in-game account sitting mechanism"?

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 14:35
You can appoint an account sitter by mousing over your portrait, clicking on the list at the bottom and going to the Account Sitters tab.  An account sitter is able to do anything on your account except spend prestige and move your cities.

Posted By: dravog
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 12:17
i have been seeing some alliances with abandon members. will the alliance be deleted.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 13:02
finally its happening, we lost the 190 days inactive accounts....thanks devs, this is going to be a big plus to the game and i am certain i can bring more people to the game from other war games

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 19:08
twi, check the date.  they made this change more than six months ago.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 19:19
 finally the ones over 90 days gone, gosh we had one over 189 days, hopefully whatever glitch that was keeping them in the game is corrected and we start getting rid of all that should be included in the removal by the rules that were established, it has open up alot of land

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 19:21
You are mistaken.  It seems to me that you are over-reading the removal of one or two players that you personally knew.

I do not see any evidence that the coding they are using for this process has changed recently.

Posted By: Auraya
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 20:12
Don't think it has happened everywhere.

Jail Bird100 days21,047

Posted By: Elmindra
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 20:21
I have some abandoned towns near me that have been there for well over 90 days and they haven't been deleted yet as well.

Posted By: The_Dude
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 21:30
This was a prestige buyer.  At the 90 mark RES had a siege in place on one of his cities which prevented the account from being purged on the regular schedule.  It seems that once the system passes the purge date, it is never revisited.

R2K (Suspended) [RES]Reserved for RES210 days

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 21:46
looks like they correcting the glitch, thank goodness , its going to make this game alot more playable, i hope they correct it for the lesser days too, i see alot that we gave prestige to through our alliance pool staying around too long also...wink wink to the devs, lets get rid of them all!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 03:36
Perhaps they started on twi's side of the map.  I see a few of the long-term inactives have been deleted finally.  I don't see the wide open spaces that twi was talking about though ... perhaps we're a bit more efficient with recycling cities in the east.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 12:36
doesnt sound like it rill, looks like alot of us are seeing it in our alliance ranks..there still alot sitting there that should be gone but at least a few in our alliance are finally gone..but those were very very high in days last log in, most are over four castles, hopefully the devs can finish fixing the glitch

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net