Print Page | Close Window

17 June 12 - UIv3 Release Bug Reports

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: Technical Support
Forum Description: Post your technical support related questions here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3695
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 16:41
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 17 June 12 - UIv3 Release Bug Reports
Posted By: SunStorm
Subject: 17 June 12 - UIv3 Release Bug Reports
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 19:58
(LoL - I beat Rill to this)

Ok, here goes the first one - When looking at prestige history, there is nothing showing that members have donated some to the alliance pool....  (mine should show -10)  (^_^)

-------------
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Replies:
Posted By: Aldonis
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 20:08
Its Ugly and doesnt work fully.

Posted By: Rohk
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 20:26
Some of the issues have already posted in the main news item entry:

All line breaks have been removed from the alliance forums. Now nicely spaced entries/guides/conversations are just giant blobs of text.

In chat some of the chat posts are double posting for the authors but not for anyone else.

Also there appear to be no NPCs on the map. For some people refreshing the map fixes it for others, not.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 20:37
If you click and drag on the map, you have to refresh with each time the map "stops" in order to see NPCs and resources.  There's going to be a lot of refreshing going on.

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 20:40
When looking at my sov page, the bars are very dark when compared to the rest of the theme.  When I click to open my sov and view the information, the bar at the top disappears completely.  (not sure if it is supposed to do that...  :)

-------------

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 20:59
Not really a bug, but I miss the zoom level of the chat window. I hate to scroll up every time someone puts a text wall in it.

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 22:26
Chat double posting and /me not working have been corrected.

The map not showing NPCs and resources has also been corrected.

Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 23:32
This is not a bug precisely, but the headings on the research tree are miniscule and nearly unreadable on my monitor (is a fairly large colour monitor, but not high-res).  The descriptions in the research tree are tiny and hard to read; not sure if this is different or if I'm just getting eyestrain from the rest of the UI.  The trade movements screen also has super-tiny writing.

The "blurring" upon selecting a name (maybe it's supposed to be a glow?) just makes already small things harder to read.

These are small issues compared to the enormous amount of work on the new features, for which I thank you.  Nevertheless, they affect usability.

Squinting all the time is making me grumpy.

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 23:47
Yes and the small numbers on the left side of the map are bleeding into the map.   It's really hard to read some of the stats we use all the time or upgrades on resources for that matter.    I appreciate the work involved in this update and how spiffy it looks but perhaps making some of the headings smaller and the information we use all the time bigger would be a good compromise.  

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 02:47
While in my in-game mail inbox, if I click "select all" then they all become selected.  If I click it again, they to not become unselected....  can this be fixed?  (otherwise I can leave my inbox and go back in to reselect what I would like)

-------------

Posted By: Mafro
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 04:04
Nice update.

Only issues I've seen are

1. the Mark All Read feature in Mail only selects all, it doesn't actually mark them all as read
2. the selected time period next to the marketplace graph (e.g. "two weeks") is white against a light background and therefore nearly unreadable
3. The Diplo Visibility check box on the world map is now below the fold on my screen, meaning I have to scroll each time to flip it on and off (which, for some reason I find myself doing regularly). Maybe the World Map headline could be shrunk or integrated into the area below to reclaim some vertical space.

Overall, a solid update...thanks for the effort!

Mafro

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 04:40
A couple to do with the friends list that I just put in a petition for:

If you send a friend request to someone and they send one back to you and you accept the one from them, they get added twice to your friends list and if you try to remove one, it removes them both.

Also once you have removed a friend, if you want to re-friend them, the dialog box that pops up when you click on their name says "already friend" and will not update until you log out and back in again.

Posted By: Friael
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 08:04
Great Update! 

A small issue:
I'm unable to claim the daily reward. On the Herald page it currently states "You can claim your next daily reward at Mon 18 Jun 05:51:48" And there are no links to claim the reward. Looks like once you miss the time slot the link seems to go missing.

FriAel

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 08:31
Everyone has the same message about the daily reward with the same time.  The time specified has no relation to when we last claimed the reward.

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 08:39
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

The time specified has no relation to when we last claimed the reward.
Fixed, correct time for me (20:01).

Posted By: Captain Ganoes Paran
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 09:18
i cant see what resources the wall needs in the castle ,the small space causes the numbers to display on top of each other

Posted By: Crozno
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 12:37
Originally posted by Captain Ganoes Paran Captain Ganoes Paran wrote:

i cant see what resources the wall needs in the castle ,the small space cuases the numbers to display on top of each other

I noticed the same thing.  Devs can you please change the fieldset's margin-left rule from 120px to 40px on http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Town/Defenses?  At least then there is a chance you can read most levels.

And the bonus percentages for the current+next levels are hidden as the element.style width is too long (60px where 40px shows them as seen on my Chrome browser).

Posted By: Edmond
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 20:47
Forgive me if this is not the right place for this.

The new UI is NOT net book friendly.   In fact, the new interface has made it incredibly difficult for me to play Illy on my poor little Net Book.  

For one, the right hand "menu" can no longer be scrolled , meaning that due to the small screen I cannot access global chat without messing with zooms on my browser (which I do not like to to and pushes other things into other strange places).  Half of this entire menu is pertinently off screen.  I see there are some tabs but only the net book gods know what they are or how many there might be.  It starts with an N?  I can see just the G in global chat and the top half of the top line of text.  None of this can be moved.  (I am aware I can pop out the global chat window but that then covers a large portion of my screen, not an idea fix but I can "suffer")

Second, it seems to slow down my poor little guy to the point where I can hardly plan the game.  Even scrolling around the far too large UI is a drag.  I scroll down to update my iron mine, that takes a good little bit of time.  

Prior to the update the game "ran slow", but was manageable.  I could scroll around without just a slight delay.  I could access the right hand menu fairly easily and see everything there.  The world map was painfully slow until I turned off terrain.  I put up with it because the game is great.

All of this is very bothersome.  The appeal of the game, for me at least, is that I can play it on my poor little guy (net book).  I want to continue to play.  I really do. Before the world map was an annoyance that I could handle, but now the entire game is nearly inaccessible.  

Please, I want to keep playing.  

Posted By: Innoble
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 21:55
It is the right place imho. For me the game has slowed down a lot. I can't do quests quickly anymore. Scrolling has a delay (on a fast computer!). This even happens with illy tools off and the cache flushed. No clue how this happens, but it sucks!

Please fix this memory leak or whatever it is.

Posted By: The_Dude
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 22:34
The "Build Walls" screen - at the higher levels to build, resources required for next level overlap and are unreadable.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 16:42
Compose Mail - the new player signature is ok, however, with each keystroke it flashes.  So typing a mail is much like being brainwashed in Clockwork Orange.

Also, sending mail still hangs and requires a F5 refresh to unhang - which means the composed mail is lost.  Fortunately, I can copy the message into my clipboard before I hit F5 which speeds up the re-do.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 17:08
All the mail I am sending now are blank. If you go to the sent mail section they are blank and I just got confirmation that the recipients receive a blank message.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/53810" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 21:35
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

The "Build Walls" screen - at the higher levels to build, resources required for next level overlap and are unreadable.

Thanks for fixing that display issue.  Unfortunately, a new display issue has popped up ... Build Walls screen - the % defense increase on the right side is now pushed too far right and is not visible.

Posted By: hasimirrossi
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 23:39
Every time I log in, the game causes my laptop to lock up. It releases about 10 seconds later, but it's somewhat annoying when I've got other things running.

Posted By: N. Chadgod
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 01:14
This game is so slow now that I dont even want to play anymore. Please fix this.

-------------
It's beyond fairytale, it's inconceivable!

Posted By: Fishing
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 05:01

Image shows apparent layout issues.
Firefox 16.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 05:53
Originally posted by Fishing Fishing wrote:

Image shows apparent layout issues.
Firefox 16.
Should be fixed now

Posted By: Fishing
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 07:16
Thanks, looks great now.

Posted By: LadyLuvs
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 13:47
Mail - oh I still have a complaint about mail.  I know TC.  I am sorry but now if you are in the inbox and something else comes in you have to go completely out of the mail box or to another filter and then back to the inbox to see it.  I used to just click the green tab or the envelope icon and it would refresh, not anymore. 

Also the water sov seems to be broke.  I no longer have the little circle to click to choose the structure.  I thought you may have gotten rid of that formality since it is the only thing you can build there but it wont let me build with out selecting the structure.

-------------
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance

Posted By: Sloter
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 15:18
LadyL could it be that you already have 20 sov tiles with buildings and that you have claimed 21st sov tile on which you can not construct new buildings due to 20 building limit?That might explain situation with water sov you can not use.

Posted By: Dramaprincess
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 19:45
The save button does not work after i compose a message in the mail, it kicks me to a server error application screen..

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

i have sent a petition to the devs on this but i would like to know who else had this problem. thanks

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 20:41
Originally posted by Dramaprincess Dramaprincess wrote:

The save button does not work after i compose a message in the mail, it kicks me to a server error application screen..

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

i have sent a petition to the devs on this but i would like to know who else had this problem. thanks

Haven't had an issue with it.  Sounds like they might have fixed it in post patch 2:  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/21jun12-post-patch-2_topic3710.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/21jun12-post-patch-2_topic3710.html

Are you still having this problem?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 21:30
yes i do. i put the To name and the subject and the message and then click save and it give me the Server error screen like this...

Runtime Error

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 22:59
Where is this save button?  or do you mean send?

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 03:49
its the blue disk next to source when you put your mouse over it it says save on it.. when you compose the message and its next to the preview button. and where print is.

Posted By: LadyLuvs
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 13:17
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

LadyL could it be that you already have 20 sov tiles with buildings and that you have claimed 21st sov tile on which you can not construct new buildings due to 20 building limit?That might explain situation with water sov you can not use.

Nope only have 12 in that city.  This is what it looks like on my screen.

-------------
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance

Posted By: RatuJone
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 13:44
Is there a reason why I cannot leaf through the Herald? I normally play Illy on FF and returning from vacation I am confronted with the new layout. So far most functions seem to work Ok but I cannot read beyond the 1st 2 pages of the Herald. I have turned off the Butler and Illytools still no luck. Even opening the game in Chrome with all extensions disabled... still no movement! What am I doing wrong?

Posted By: HonoredMule
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 19:59
Originally posted by RatuJone RatuJone wrote:

Is there a reason why I cannot leaf through the Herald? I normally play Illy on FF and returning from vacation I am confronted with the new layout. So far most functions seem to work Ok but I cannot read beyond the 1st 2 pages of the Herald. I have turned off the Butler and Illytools still no luck. Even opening the game in Chrome with all extensions disabled... still no movement! What am I doing wrong?

I can verify, the page switching has stopped working post-release.  Tested in Chrome and Safari without userscripts.

-------------
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 20:04
Originally posted by Dramaprincess Dramaprincess wrote:

its the blue disk next to source when you put your mouse over it it says save on it
Wild guess, because I got this effect with the profile editor (same editor as for mails):  This is a function of the editor not supported by Illy's server.  We're not supposed to use it, and it should not be offered in the first place.  At some point in time TC will find a way to remove the save button in the editor UI, or create the missing error template, because what we see is a double fault (error for a missing error page).  

FWIW he could also implement a save function on the server, but for mail it's not required, just send the incomplete mail as is to yourself to save it as draft.

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 20:23
Ok thank you for answering that for me :) I wasn't sure because i assumed it worked anywhere. but yeah i wont use it since there is an auto save and i am not used to it i guess but when i leave the screen to check something, my mail gets erased and i have to rewrite it over again. i suppose i will just have to send it to myself and then re-edit to send it to the person i intended to send it to lol

your awesome thank you dunnoob

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 20:27
Originally posted by LadyLuvs LadyLuvs wrote:

Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

Nope only have 12 in that city.  This is what it looks like on my screen.

Have you researched Handfishing in this city?  If you haven't done the research, then the building will not be available.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 12:57
Originally posted by RatuJone RatuJone wrote:

This is now resolved.

Posted By: Cleopatra
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 07:10
I don't know if this is a problem with the user interface, or if the game always did it, but I have noticed that if you try and look at anything on the Illyriad official website it logs you out of the game. For example, I was trying to look over some of the state tables for the troops in the game that are posted on the website, and every time I opened up the links in another tab it kicked me out of the game.  Is it supposed to do that?  I guess it might be set up that way for some reason in order to keep people from logging into multiple accounts at one time, but I wasm't on the login screen.  Just viewing the game overviews. 

I also have gotten error messages in the compose mail screen several times. I am to the point that I don't even type my messages up in the mail screen anymore because they just end up getting deleted somehow halfway through typing em.  I just type whatever I am writing up in notepad then copy and paste it into a new message in its entirety.  I hate retyping long letters 3 or 4 times cause I lost em. lol.

Also, I have been having trouble with the little green and blue icons that pop up over the icons at the top of the interface indicating you have goods incoming/buildings upgrading/production going on etc.  Particularly the icons over the building menu.  They virtually never work when I click on them, just act like they are not buttons at all.  Sometimes if I log out and back in they will work, but as soon as I so anything like upgrade a building or make some diplos, they stop functioning again. 

Also, while I like the interface while using my computer, hover menus do NOT work well on any kind of touchscreen device.  I have multiple android tablets plus an android phone, and the game really does not work on any of them, and it is down right dangerous to browse researches on one. I was looking around the game on one of my tablets during my lunch break yesterday and thought I would read up on what some of the different researches do.  The research descriptions are accessed on a computer using a hover gesture, by simply pausing the mouse pointer over whichever one you want to view. On a computer this works great. On a touchscreen, there is no hover gesture.  Generally, the hover gesture gets converted into a tap gesture on a touchscreen device.  Not so for Illyriad, I have discovered. Tapping a research box starts that research if you have enough research points available and space in the research queue. I inadvertently told the game to start a 3 day research that I definitely did not intend to start. Lol. I didn't even know what it was and just wanted to read the description.  I definitely won't be making that mistake again! LOLThe gestures could definitely use some reworking for mobile device compatibility.  

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 14:50
I haven't had the experience of being logged out when I view the stats page, forum, or other pages.

I also don't get errors when composing mails.

I suggest you file a petition with details about your browser version and OS and the nature of the errors as well as the logging out thing so that the devs can track the problems.  One thing that may be helpful to know is the "save" button in mail doesn't work and isn't supposed to work, so if you've been clicking on that, that could be giving you the error.

Posted By: hiccup123
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 17:51
I'm having an issue with friends:

When I send an invite to someone, and they send me an invite before accepting my invite, and one of us accepts, each person is placed on the other's friends list twice. This also has the effect of showing a doubled population on the Favorites page.

Posted By: Davaac
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 21:05
I know this is the wrong place for this, but I'm not sure what would be the correct procedure. I can't post to the forum. I hit create new post (or post reply) and it takes me to the normal create a post page, but I can't type anything into the actual message. The title works, all the script and font things work, but if I click in the box to type my message nothing happens, and my cursor doesn't change from an arrow to the text thing like it should. Any suggestions/fixes for this? 

(I am able to use a quick reply, which is why I can post this)

Edit: I can sometimes quick reply, and sometimes can't. I can also sometimes edit and sometimes can't. I have tried loging out and back in, closer my browser and restarting, clearing the cache, etc.

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 02:45
I'm not sure this is a bug, but I was under impression that UIv3 was going to look like this LOL

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: bansisdead
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 16:07
The new (I think)player profile page located from the new forum sigs doesn't display alliance info correctly.  When you click on the sig which opens up the players illy profile, ALL players are 'Not affiliated with an Alliance' according to this profile page.  Its not a game killer.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/124253" rel="nofollow">

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net