Print Page | Close Window

06Jun2012 - NPC food, Network Issues

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3640
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 15:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 06Jun2012 - NPC food, Network Issues
Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Subject: 06Jun2012 - NPC food, Network Issues
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 18:39
NPCs Animal Groups
Are now correctly factoring in food source availablity in growth and a lot of NPC groups will alas be starving. NPC populations should return to more sensible levels over time.

Network Connectivity
Network connectivity issues have been corrected and the the recent lag should now be resolved.

Replies:
Posted By: Captain Ganoes Paran
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 18:59
thats great GM TC :D it was geting scary outside my cities 

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 19:42
Can I send some cows outside my cities to feed the starving white tigers?

Posted By: Cerex Flikex
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 21:29
Sounds good. Thank you devs. :)

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/149824" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: The_Dude
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 22:38
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

NPCs Animal Groups
Are now correctly factoring in food source availablity in growth and a lot of NPC groups will alas be starving. NPC populations should return to more sensible levels over time.

Network Connectivity
Network connectivity issues have been corrected and the the recent lag should now be resolved.

A few minutes ago I typed 6 lines of text into AC.  All lines appeared to me.  Pressing F5 key and 3 of 6 lines (that is 50% for the math challenged) disappeared and were never actually seen by anyone but me.  This is a very common occurrence and has been happening since January.  My activity level in Illy has dropped considerably due to this technical deficiency.  

I would NOT recommend Illy to any new prospect for this technical deficiency alone.

This just happened on GC and my text only appeared for me - F5 and went away:
[21:41]<king taz> what does building foundry do?
[21:41]<The_Dude> opens blacksmith which opens forge

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 03:23
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

This is a very common occurrence and has been happening since January.  My activity level in Illy has dropped considerably due to this technical deficiency.  
We've done a few more tweaks and hopefully this issue should now be resolved. Please raise an in-game petition if you experience further issues.

Posted By: lokifeyson
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 09:15
Food Source Availability....?

um what is considered there food source and how do we determine its "availability" 

can i send vans to speed up growth in animals? i think i tried once already, forget what happened, i think mixed results lol

-------------

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 19:35
Ye what does 'food source' actually mean? Is it some ethereal quality discernible only to NPC groups or is it something more tangible that we can see?

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 14:59
Experiencing continued lag this am, in fact, the screen hangs and I have to close my browser to reopen Illy.  :(     All other sites are performing well.

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Aemonn
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 23:47
I would be interested to know what these food sources are and if we can bolster them.  I have noticed a gradual increase and now near 'extinction' of local giant rats and wild dogs.

Do NPC groups feed on other NPC groups?  Eg do bears and dogs/wolves feed on rats?  Or do all NPC's share a common non-stated terrain based seen/unseen food?

I want to eliminate certain animal types and bolster others.  Can anyone link me to any ongoing or previous threads around known NPC information following the april patch?

Posted By: DeMeisz
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 09:39
The number of NPC's are dropping really fast. Not long ago it was up in 480mil now only 90 mil left and dropping. Are you devs sure you got this update right? At this rate there won't be any left to hunt in a while.

Posted By: Torn Sky
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 17:59
I'm also curious to what affects the growth or decline of the NPCs. Is the food value of the surrounding tiles or the harvestable food on tiles or something else the food that the NPCs need?

Posted By: ias
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 00:45
Hi.

I read that the lag was handled, but since the new set up of illy, i continue to have lag, i didnt have lag before with the old set up, also other programs are runing as normal, so its the new illy set up.

Please do more serch on this. cause the lag is taking some of the fun away.

Thanks.

Posted By: Subatoi
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 01:03
Originally posted by ias ias wrote:

Hi.

I read that the lag was handled, but since the new set up of illy, i continue to have lag, i didnt have lag before with the old set up, also other programs are runing as normal, so its the new illy set up.

Please do more serch on this. cause the lag is taking some of the fun away.

Thanks.

I was curious if it was just me, some relief that it is not.  

Posted By: edrin
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 11:19
love the new look, great the npc are thinking more but if they go near my rez they have had it Evil Smile

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 21:05
We need an NPC that eats giant scuttlers.  Still too many of them.

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 21:26
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Scout them, apparently that gets them moving on.

Posted By: Quackers
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 22:00
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I cannot wait until they can start eating again. I want them to turn back into myriad. I used to have almost all myriad around my towns, now they have all, but one, turned into Legion on the low end.

Posted By: roleplay
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:48
Catapults.??. I hate bug juice in my hoofs  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net