URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3215
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 05:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hiring Mercenaries - Inquire Within
Posted By: geofrey
Subject: Hiring Mercenaries - Inquire Within
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 21:11
Entrepreneurs of Elgea, 

Affirmative Action doesn't have the manpower to stand up against the big guns in this tournament. It is likely that you don't either. So I have a solution that may solve our problem. 

I am looking to hire mercenaries that can join our cause and help us win this tournament. Restrictions do apply: 

• Must be willing to leave your alliance, and join Affirmative Action for the duration of the tournament. 
  • Must be located south of Taomist, and East of the Middle Kingdom

The mission, if you choose to accept it, is to aid Affirmative Action in Occupying specific tournament squares at specific times. You will be compensated based on troop participation. If we place in the top 3, a bonus will be delivered. Furthermore you will receive the winning prizes for the tournament along with all of our other alliance members. 

If interested send a raven to Geofrey in-game. If you do not meet the geographical requirements, but still want a piece of the action, send your offer to me in-game. 

Luna, Stormcrow, and other Illyriad gods. If this is against the rules of the tournament please do not ban or suspend me. I'm only trying to win ;) 

Replies:
Posted By: SunStorm
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 01:16
Interesting tactic...  (>.<)

-------------
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Posted By: HonoredMule
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 02:16
It certainly sounds like a valid and fair tactic to me, and well within the spirit of the competition.  Best of luck to you.

-------------
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 13:39
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

It certainly sounds like a valid and fair tactic to me, and well within the spirit of the competition.  Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your fair assessment. Many players may not be in an alliance, or may not belong to an alliance that is doing anything for the tournament. This is a good way for them to participate. 

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 13:44
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Luna, Stormcrow, and other Illyriad gods. If this is against the rules of the tournament please do not ban or suspend me. I'm only trying to win ;) 

Totally fine by us!  Sandbox = sandbox, and absolutely nothing wrong with hired guns!

Best of luck!

SC

Posted By: G0DsDestroyer
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 14:01
Can we hire some mammoths of doom Stormcrow? a few hundred thousand is all I need Wink

-------------
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=G0DsDestroyer" rel="nofollow - Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 15:37
Good lateral thinking Geofrey! Thumbs Up

I am surprised that no alliance has offered mercenary services for gold yet. Maybe they have.. in secret and to people they thought might be interested. 

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 17:42
I would gladly hire whole alliances for this endeaver. 

Posted By: Gossip Boy
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 17:54
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

I am surprised that no alliance has offered mercenary services for gold yet. Maybe they have.. in secret and to people they thought might be interested. 

May be those who are holding the top position are doing it secretly from the start of the tournamentLOL

Posted By: Gossip Boy
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 17:56
Fair and Innovative tac-tic thoughStarStarStarStarStar

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 18:43
Harmless? is working for me.  But don't tell anyone I told you.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 20:20
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I'll double what Rill's paying :)

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 20:39
Contact KillerPoodle

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 20:42
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Doing a double cross for Rye.

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Posted By: Kumomoto
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 22:13
Originally posted by Gossip Boy Gossip Boy wrote:

Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

May be those who are holding the top position are doing it secretly from the start of the tournamentLOL

Darn it! Our secret is out!

Posted By: Brids17
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 22:57
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

I'll double what Rill's paying :)

I don't know, that's going to be an awful lot of snuggling...

-------------

Posted By: dspn23
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 01:01
i went in an hope yoyu guys also come cause we have a chance of wining :P

Posted By: Miltiad
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 01:25
OK I'm in.

I come from small alliance that doesn't have much chances to hold any square for long time, but I have small (relatively speaking) offensive army that I'm willing to hire out. 
I am willing to attack any tourney square. I expect to get compensated for my losses with all advanced resources needed to create my lost units + 1000 gold for each enemy unit killed on that square. I will of course forward battle reports to my employers.
I'm located tri border region of Lucerna, Norweld and Ragallon. Of course I'm more interested in attacking any squares near me... 

If you are interested in my services pls contact me via game mail, username Miltiad

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net