Print Page | Close Window

Tourney Medals Criteria

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: General Questions
Forum Description: If your gameplay question isn't answered in the help files, please post it here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10884
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 06:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tourney Medals Criteria
Posted By: Gry
Subject: Tourney Medals Criteria
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 20:24

Clarification please!

Team medals are awarded for participation involving:

A) Occupation time, contributing to overall win

B) Combat, potentially contributing

C) either, preferably

D) both

Thanks for answers! We have team members who did participate in the tourney and Occupied (contributing to team win) but did not receive a medal, and (anecdotally in recent tourneys) those who suicided troops without any occupation but Did receive an overall medal. This seems unfair, as all who contribute, especially to the overall minutes, should be rewarded, despite lack of regional competition.

Replies:
Posted By: Toru.
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 20:42
I agree that this is an important clarification to make. 

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 06:08
As I recall, they have to be in combat. nCrow used to arrange to have a friendly neighbor run a one-unit army against the Tamarin square late in the tourney to get combat credit for people from across the map who hadn't been in combat when the square was contested. We had a spreadsheet that tracked who had been in combat where back when there were prizes for individual squares.

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 01:49
Do they make bronze?  Asking for a friend.

-------------

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:40
Originally posted by Gry Gry wrote:

Clarification please!

C) either, preferably

D) both

Thanks for answers! We have team members who did participate in the tourney and Occupied (contributing to team win) but did not receive a medal, and (anecdotally in recent tourneys) those who suicided troops without any occupation but Did receive an overall medal. This seems unfair, as all who contribute, especially to the overall minutes, should be rewarded, despite lack of regional competition.

Heyya Gry,

It's a great question, and I've delved into the code to have a look at what it actually says.

The answer is:

E) Must have been involved in an actual Combat on a tournament square in order to get credit - which is different from your option B

I do understand that C) is probably the preferred choice; however this has the potential side-effect of tournament "tourism" - rewards without any risk.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best,

SC

Posted By: Gry
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 00:00
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Heyya Gry,

It's a great question, and I've delved into the code to have a look at what it actually says.

The answer is:

E) Must have been involved in an actual Combat on a tournament square in order to get credit - which is different from your option B

I do understand that C) is probably the preferred choice; however this has the potential side-effect of tournament "tourism" - rewards without any risk.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best,

SC

I think the risk of 'tourism' is pretty low, and there is also the consequence that players, or alliances, who manage to scare opponents off a tile entirely wouldn't be rewarded, despite contributing to occupation time for their team. There's more harm imo in players making an effort being denied, than in more team members sharing medals.

Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 09:48
I mean, if someone really cares about getting the medal they could just send a 1 man army to a hostile square. 

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 03:31
Originally posted by Gry Gry wrote:

Clarification please!

C) either, preferably

D) both

The solution is an Alliance Medal.   If you feel it's unfair, then correct it at the alliance level.  You do have options.

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net