Print Page | Close Window

Calamity Aftermath - Skyfallen Stones

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10717
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 09:52
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Calamity Aftermath - Skyfallen Stones
Posted By: GM Cerberus
Subject: Calamity Aftermath - Skyfallen Stones
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 02:23
Greetings All!

We're excited to announce our newest event that follows the aftermath of the Calamity tournament.  Meteorites have begun falling across Elgea and the Broken lands, leaving harvestable objects that contain a number of treasures.  Players may now send cotters to harvest these celestial objects wherein they'll discover Skysplinters and, on a far rarer basis, enchanting reagents and elemental salts.  

Once a meteorite has been harvested completely it disappears from the map.  Fear not, however, as meteorites will be constantly falling due to the cataclysm in the skies above Elgea.

Skysplinters will be used to create the following equipment, now researchable in the Crafting Research Tree:  

We hope you enjoy this new chance at wealth and treasure, accessible to both players both new and tenured alike.  

GM Cerberus

Replies:
Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 02:53
Neat stuff!
Cheers :)

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: King
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 03:01
send all completed gear to me for testing   Big smile

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 06:32
fun stuff
thanks

Posted By: Hopper
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:42
Whimsical or ironic implementation?

Some meteorites can fall on impassable terrain, so they are out of reach! e.g. -74|423 in Norweld

(And pity there's no code in datafile_worldmap.txt to spot the meteorites…)

Posted By: felicity
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:33
Looking forward to playing with the new gear!

-------------
Never expect anything and you’ll never be disappointed.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 13:13
lol! before "playing with the new gear" it could be interesting to check under which conditions you might be able to obtain any of it!

There's an history of tentative innovations in Illy, with less than 50% implementation, soon to be obfuscated by other unfinished lure!

Posted By: Jarant
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 00:33
Cerb, you mentioned enchanting reagents what are they and how will they be used? Or do we have to wait to find out. Thanks

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 01:36
Potential problem with Skyfall drops. As mentioned above some fall on impassable terrain. Others fall on basic herbs. If Skyfalls respawn as they are harvested then eventually all Skyfalls will end up on impassable squares and maybe herb squares (a first take on harvesting on herb square shows herb has priority of harvest. I don't think the skyfall will ever be harvested on it, at least with only one cotter)

Posted By: Rikkos
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 13:44
Great update, harvesting skysplinters at the moment.

BUT (big but): To make the new gear, we need Dyallom Gal, which is very very rare and now for sale at incredible places at Centrum. to make this gear available to more than just a few very rich players, we need more Dyallom Gal on the map.

-------------
Illy playername: Tamerlane. Used to play as Rikkos

Posted By: Rikkos
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 14:16
incredible prices I mean, not places, and dyallom gall, not gal Wink

-------------
Illy playername: Tamerlane. Used to play as Rikkos

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 20:49
Originally posted by Hopper Hopper wrote:

Whimsical or ironic implementation?

Some meteorites can fall on impassable terrain, so they are out of reach! e.g. -74|423 in Norweld

(And pity there's no code in datafile_worldmap.txt to spot the meteorites…)
+1 Stern Smile 

Originally posted by Rikkos Rikkos wrote:

Great update, harvesting skysplinters at the moment.

BUT (big but): To make the new gear, we need Dyallom Gal, which is very very rare and now for sale at incredible places at Centrum. to make this gear available to more than just a few very rich players, we need more Dyallom Gal on the map.
+1 Yes definitely more Dyallom Gall spots are needed on map

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 22:24
Dyallom Gall is in the jungle players who have access to it are just pricing it for the demand. Just saying. Also I send my harvesters on long trips to get what I need.

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 23:20
I have plenty of Dyallom Gall and Skyfallens and I can't be the only one.

Also for the quality of the Skyfallen equipment it appears to be way cheaper and easier to obtain than, say Kerebos gear.

Skyfallens do not replenish and can mostly be harvested with a single cotter (may take days) so get your armies out there on the squares and create conflict, as this seems to be the aim here.

Posted By: Eros
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 04:22
Impassable terrain is only mostly impassable... 

Falls on herb patches are more painful granted, but they'll be around the longest, serious harvesters and terraformers will reap those rewards

-------------
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 16:56
Anyone have a scouting report that shows more than Skysplinters?  Is it possible to tell if there is more to potentially harvest?  Is a second cotter necessary to have the capacity take home more than the Skysplinters?  What is the established order to harvesting?  Is it (1) Skysplinters (2) Salts (3) Other Shards?  Any other observations worth sharing?

-------------

Posted By: Ruarc
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 17:41
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Anyone have a scouting report that shows more than Skysplinters?  Is it possible to tell if there is more to potentially harvest?  Is a second cotter necessary to have the capacity take home more than the Skysplinters?  What is the established order to harvesting?  Is it (1) Skysplinters (2) Salts (3) Other Shards?  Any other observations worth sharing?

Scout report below showing shards as well as Skysplinters. I have one cotter present, and according to the inventory on the Trade Screen he gathered the Shards first or at least gave them priority, as 1) he has all the shards in his inventory and is currently gathering the remaining Skysplinters and 2) the reason why I scouted the square was it showed him gathering Shards rather than Skysplinters.

Posted By: Asvenger
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 07:03
Scouted 20+ stones and found one with shards and one with salts. In both cases, a single cotter gathered the shards/salts first.

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 07:41
Wow didn't realize we added the lottery to Illyriad.  That one square is worth more than what probably 25-50% of players have.  

Posted By: Ruarc
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 08:34
How common are squares with Shards and/or Salts? I've come across 2-3 with Shards, but 0 with Salts. All my harvesting is restricted to the Poisoned Isle - is there a geographic breakdown between Shards and Salts?

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 19:32
I harvested 5 spots so far, 1 was with the salts. Haven't came across spot with shards yet! 

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 16:09
Done a breakdown of the biomes, regions and terrains that I spotted the Skysplinters on.

https://illystuff.uk/skysplinters/" rel="nofollow - https://illystuff.uk/skysplinters/

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 20:33
From what I have observed:

Harvesters harvest splints at the rate of 3 per hr
They harvest salts at the rate of 1 per hr
They harvest shards at the rate of 1 per 4 hrs
(Can anyone confirm?)
When salts occur with the splints, there is always one of each.
When shards occur with splints, there is always one of each.
I have not yet seen any essences occur - don't know if that happens.
It is possible to harvest on unpassable ground using the trick outlined by Wartow in another post.

PS: These 'free' shards make the new runes more attractive to cast.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 06:12
My cotters only collect Skysplinters at the rate of 1 per hour. I can't comment on the rates for the extras as I've not found any of those.

Yes, you can use the method described by Wartow to harvest on Impassable tiles (done it myself) and Forbidden tiles (observed other players doing so).

Posted By: JohnConn
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 03:52
I can confirm that Herbs take precedence AND that you never get to the Skyfallen Stones!!

I had 6 Cotters churning away and the countdown clock looked weird...They had arrived 10 hours ago, according to my notifications, but it said "16 hours remain".

I checked back later, still 16 hours remained, even though more than an hour had passed!

So, I watched it tick down. Switched to 15h 59m, etc. I thought, "okay, cool, maybe soon I'll hit the Skyfallen Stones!".

Nope. I switched screens, came back. Lo, and behold, 16 hours remained!!

Coming back close to when 17 hours had passed, it had *finally* gotten down lower - 3h+ remained.

But when the 20 hours were up, they were done. 600 Herbs and no SKyfallen Stones in sight.

I'm assuming the same thing would happen on Minerals as well. Perhaps Hides, too, if there are more present than the number of Cotters can harvest in 20 hours.

Please look into this!

On a side note - thank you for fixing the Cotter clock! On a regular harvest, it now shows the time remaining even beyond the first cycle! This *may* be related to the problem with the Stones...

Thanks.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 23:49
Splinters on herbs is a waste of time. Salts and shards are fine. Never seen any essences though.

Posted By: Alastor
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 05:49
Question to Tensmoor ...

Are the SkySplinters on Impassable Terrains simply an attempt of the SkySplinter Aliens to colonise our world ?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 07:30
I think it is more a case of them liking the isolation. Bear in mind they came from the moon which is not known for its large population.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:33
Another issue: did a genuine player find by her/himself the trick to send harvesters to - previously - impassable terrai, or was it an 'innovation' leaked by the developer?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:42
I've known of that method of sending for quite some time. I came accross it while gathering info on rare resources. Even if it was something leaked by the devs why would you say it is an issue?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:43
Life is simply too short. Just collect the darned things. I used 10,000 of them in crafting so far.

Incidentally, I have seen rare shards and rare salts, but never ANY rare essences. I am not convinced they exist.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 02:17
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

Life is simply too short. Just collect the darned things. I used 10,000 of them in crafting so far.

Incidentally, I have seen rare shards and rare salts, but never ANY rare essences. I am not convinced they exist.

Salts and shards only.  No essences.

-------------

Posted By: Skorg
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:44
same here

Posted By: Gry
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 17:29
I can confirm essences, though extremely rare.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 18:04
Originally posted by Gry Gry wrote:

I can confirm essences, though extremely rare.

Forward report or it didn't happen.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 20:59
what he said - show us the report Smile

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 03:47
Can confirm essences as well.  While shards seem 1/100 essence must be 1/1000

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 23:39
It appears to be the case that multiple sets of splinters can fall on the same square, but not merge. This affects the order in which multiple types of things are gathered. For example, where the usual order would be essence/shard/salt and then splinter, if there are two sets, you might get shard then splinter, followed by salt and then splinter again. Has anyone else observed this, or can correct me?

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 16:29
I found a spot with shards and salts. My cotters collected the salts first then the shards then the splinters.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 19:22
I've seen groups with multiple types within them as well. My question is about when there are multiple sets on the same square, if for example, your cotter could harvest all of one group of only splinters, while there remains on the same square another grouping containing other elements.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 00:26
Found my first essences splinter today.

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 22:09
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

Found my first essences splinter today.

Was it a full set minus one, like the shards?

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 14:24
6 essences: twilight, daybreak, necrosis, anima, brutality & protection. No alacrity essence.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net