illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peace Terms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 03:31
Originally posted by Aral Aral wrote:

Originally posted by Gemley Gemley wrote:

Originally posted by Zenorra Zenorra wrote:

***Interesting and relevant comment***
You think yelling about the stupidity of this war helps in any way and does not make you look childish?
Oh the irony

Real interesting and relevant comment there gemley.  It sure is on topic and totally helps everyone a lot.  
I do not think another childish comment calling this war stupid really adds anything at all to the topic.

Also your comment implies that you do not want to derail from the topic, yet this is ironic since your comment adds to the derailment. Surely you would had known a comment like this would provoke a response causing more derailment?
I am still unsure of the point of your comment but it does make me laugh.
Well someone might as well lock this topic because I think that this topic is doomed to become even more derailed.

Edited by Gemley - 03 Jul 2014 at 03:35
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 04:36
How about this to re-rail it:

The offer made by the OP was neither parody nor a final offer. It was intended to show a readiness to negotiate and to prove that, it included an acquiescence on a couple of sticking points for the overlords, namely a post declaring a surrender and payment of gold. The overlord of the overlords seems to be uninterested. That is his prerogative. Many of H?'s nay-sayers are uninvolved (as I admittedly am) so why anyone cares what they think (including me) is unknown. If the overlord believes this is propaganda, I assume he believes it has some chance of working given his previous reply. I don't think any previously unformed opinions can be formed with just one side piping in.

Edited by abstractdream - 03 Jul 2014 at 10:35
Bonfyr Verboo
Ukkonen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Ukkonen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 09:50
This is my second post in the forums. I applaud the original post. It clearly shows intent to move towards peace. Some of the ideas proposed are also groundbreaking in the future of this game. Now is the time to get both sides to peace. I never thought I would see the day when H? would post here the way they did. It clearly shows they are willing to make peace. I also appreciate the fact that their members are not resorting to derailing this thread like so many others are trying to do.

Edited by Ukkonen - 03 Jul 2014 at 09:51
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 12:13
Well said Ukk.
Shadar Logoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadar Logoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 02:41
Well sometimes, 
occasionally, 
maybe just ones in a while, 
rarely really, 
seldom? ... , 
but truelly almost never actually,  

the man seems to make sense...

It is worth thinking about surely for all parties, or if not, to at least build upon it?

Anyway, cudos when offers are made, both ways. 

Shadar Logoth
More Orc, less talking!

All that is said is my own opinion. I am not a leader nor voice for Invictus. I will always abide by Invictus's rules.
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 14:57
 I am happy to see that a dialogue has been opened and hope this war can be brought to an end in the near future. It is to that end that I make this post now.

It seems that item #3 is going to be a sticking point for GA in these terms KP has offered. So I speak for all The Dominion when I say we don't want The Dominion to be the cause of our friends in H? continuing the fight. While we greatly appreciate KP's efforts to recover a portion of the gold we had to pay we would rather see an end to the war. And so to that end we ask that our portion of that gold be removed from #3 in hopes that GA and H? can reach an agreement both are happy with that will end this war.

Pellinell
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llyorn Of Jaensch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 09:41
The sooner we can agree Lawn won the war the quicker we can move on.

All surrenders and adulation's accepted. Surrenders with adulation's, moreso.

Commence...
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 15:30
/me surrenders to Lawn's charm offensive

Now if we can just get the rest of the folks to agree ...
suiseki View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiseki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 02:39
HIVE has surrendered to SHADOW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic