illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peace Terms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 20:16
I like these terms, but I would like to point out that the "38 billion" has probably already been spent in/during this war already. I would be awesome if the GA could refund some of it, but refunding it all is most likely not even possible.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 20:34
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I am really glad to see some movement toward peace on the part of H?

I have a question about the first term, just so there is no confusion later.  Do you mean that you will surrender on behalf of H?  Or that you will personally surrender?

I don't actually care if anyone ever "surrenders," -- I'm perfectly happy to see a statement that parties have agreed to peace terms -- but I think it is important that statements include Harmless? as a whole making peace rather than a single member of it.

Congratulations on this post, KillerPoodle, and I hope that the offer is considered in the spirit in which it was made.

Thanks for the kind words. 

I added the surrender clause because it seems important to the GA and I wanted to make sure they know that I understand that.  I posted it specifically in those terms because I had not yet cleared it with H? members but I felt like the entire post was important to get it out there ASAP - hence my disclaimer at the top.

Fortunately my members are being very positive about it too so it looks like I will be able to make it clearly about the whole of H? as well as myself as their leader.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 20:37
Originally posted by Arctic55 Arctic55 wrote:

I like these terms, but I would like to point out that the "38 billion" has probably already been spent in/during this war already. I would be awesome if the GA could refund some of it, but refunding it all is most likely not even possible.

Arctic - I appreciate you're trying to help but I would prefer if we could keep the speculation out of this and let those who actually know make the determination.

Edited by KillerPoodle - 01 Jul 2014 at 20:37

Rupe View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 21:53
Is it just me? but it seems like H ask for gold when they win and want gold when they lose?

Hmmmm someones having a larf.

Oh or is H paying back the gold to the losers of their wars part of the deal.
200 billion per alliance was it that H demanded and got

Peeps dont be fooled by H propaganda machine
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:16
Hah, you had me going for a second there.  I don't know if this was intended as satire, but if so you hit it out of the park.  
Rupe View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:16
Ooo and another thing.
When H win wars they demand the loss of leaders towns. They do not offer compensation to help rebuild
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:20
Sad to say that Ditto refuses to consider the terms above and is now ranting at me for posting here (literally ranting) in a way that makes me think he hasn't even really read them.

If I were allowed to post IGM's in here a lot of folk would really understand why diplomacy failed when it was tried before the war.

Rupe - the most we got from an alliance was 2 billion - most negotiated down to much less than that.  On the other hand the most GA got from an alliance was ten times that much - 20 billion.

They could repay half their haul and still be doing many times better than the Consone settlement and from fewer alliances.

Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:24
He was probably pissed that you posted a hilarious mockery of a peace proposal that you knew was never going to be accepted in a public forum, and made private peace settlements public to boot.  You probably should have seen that coming, honestly.  
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:25
Originally posted by Rupe Rupe wrote:

Ooo and another thing.
When H win wars they demand the loss of leaders towns. They do not offer compensation to help rebuild

That's because by the time everything was settled no one had lost more than 3 towns.  In this war many have lost 5+ towns and in lots of cases people have lost everything.

So the combination of much smaller losses and much smaller compensation payments meant not much assistance was required to rebuild - as evidenced by the EE war machine in this war.

I have to say I expected some people would post this kind of pettiness and demonstrate their inability to consider the bigger picture - kinda sad to have that expectation fulfilled on this occasion though.

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 22:27
Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

He was probably pissed that you posted a hilarious mockery of a peace proposal that you knew was never going to be accepted in a public forum, and made private peace settlements public to boot.  You probably should have seen that coming, honestly.  

As I explained to him - he went AWOL for over a week with no reply to IGM and no hint of when he might return.  In addition if you recall - Hath brought this to the public forum.

When I did finally get a response today I offered to move the discussion elsewhere - it was ignored and the ranting continues.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic