illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peace Offer Rejected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 22:00
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

The OP contained IGM's between myself and The Duke.  The purpose being that Shade can now try to claim that they offered peace and since it was rejected whatever fresh atrocities they choose to commit next are justified.

It's clear that The Duke has shared every direct conversation we've ever had (via H? forum or IGM) with everyone in his alliance and all other Shade confeds in an effort to discredit H? and me personally (in a couple of cases that backfired - I'm glad to say).

That plus the lies he's told directly to me are why I trust him not even as far as I could throw him and will not entertain a peace discussion with him under any circumstances since I simply cannot believe/trust a single word he says.

This is completely false, the igm between myself and you was sent to those concerned about the freemorn cluster H? had and how we were to handle it going fwd. There is no discredit on my part, you discredit yourself when you make claims that are untrue and lie to save face. If you would like to elaborate on what might have backfired- since this never happened- Id be happy to set you straight on that as well. 
--The purpose in the igm was to offer peace to a "region" of players we have depleted of troops, and H? has chose to leave out to dry rather than assist. We have confirmed mails of a couple of these accounts being sat. Rather than come to an agreement- you scoffed it off, thats what Arctic was referring to. 
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meagh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 22:53
If you are offering terms to a specific player, why are you contacting leadership of an alliance? That makes no sense to me.

Even in classic war terms could be offered to specific generals, knights and settlements; they could negotiate and were negotiated with on their own without having to contact some far away king for their immediate survival.

Drawing a third party into an immediate and regional negotiation, even when he is an alliance leader or leader of a confed, seems meh.. you don't need to do that if you are only concerned about that player or region. - M.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 03:20
Originally posted by Meagh Meagh wrote:

If you are offering terms to a specific player, why are you contacting leadership of an alliance?

For that matter, why is the matter being taken to the forums?
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 07:59

<SNIP>  The purpose being that Shade can now try to claim that they offered peace and since it was rejected whatever fresh atrocities they choose to commit next are justified.<SNIP>

It's a GAME...a little sense of scale or reality might be useful.

Edited by BellusRex - 31 Dec 2013 at 09:29
"War is the father of all things..."
Legoman View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 13:53
KP have you never shared an IGM with your alliance?

Edited by Legoman - 31 Dec 2013 at 14:53
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 14:46
Originally posted by BellusRex BellusRex wrote:

<SNIP>  The purpose being that Shade can now try to claim that they offered peace and since it was rejected whatever fresh atrocities they choose to commit next are justified.<SNIP>

It's a GAME...a little sense of scale or reality might be useful.

There's plenty of scale and reality present.  It's acknowledged that it is in fact a game.
Perhaps you also need to realize that newtonian law of physics do not apply - 
Not all reactions are opposite, nor are they equal or proportional.  To expect otherwise is a fool's errand.

Shade declared War, our members accepted that as fact and as the current state, with all ramifications that come with it.  Honestly, it is not our first rodeo.  Wink
Shade may make overtures of some sort of peace, sure - part of the current state.
However, Peace can only come through trust.  And another part of the current state is - we cannot trust a word uttered.

Maybe the scale and reality will set in that Peace is Cheap, War is Expensive.  That's something Sir Bradley helped me realize almost 2 years past while still with Dark.  It's a lesson that seems to have left with me however, and did not stay.  It will be expensive in Time and in Resources.

There is no need to continue this conversation.  There is no need to further explain thoughts on the subject.  There is no need to explain the current or future states.  Now I can introduce you to a lasting idea... silence.
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 05:23
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

There is no need to continue this conversation.  There is no need to further explain thoughts on the subject.  There is no need to explain the current or future states.  Now I can introduce you to a lasting idea... silence.

I'm sorry, I know this forum is full of serious conversation, but that last sentence made me laugh. Happy New Years everyone. Go get some ice cream and relax. Forget the war for a few hours. Cheers and may the um... never mind. Go relax.
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 03:26
Sisren, that might be all well and good if it had anything at all to do with what I posted. I thought it was obvious enough, but now I will be specific. The use of the word "atrocities" is way over the top, and actually silly when talking about a game, even as hyperbole. 

As for silence, I'm sure we will have quite a stretch of it while waiting for an account of the "atrocities" committed.
"War is the father of all things..."
Diomedes View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diomedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 06:32
While I regularly read forum posts, I'm much less inclined to respond to the topics under discussion, and especially when war is the theme being discussed. However, when KP starts talking about "atrocities" and someone else (I think it was Kumo) starts using the term "Axis" in relation to the current escalating war, it isn't hard to see why the war is being pursued with such vigour against H? and its allies.

Some long-time players appear to have forgotten that this is a game, a pastime or distraction from RL. There is no axis, and how can there be atrocities in a game - unless we now consider pixels and coding to have a life of their own. Get a life ppl, and enjoy the game. If you're no longer enjoying it, then maybe it's time to find another outlet for your entertainment. 
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 13:35
Originally posted by Diomedes Diomedes wrote:

While I regularly read forum posts, I'm much less inclined to respond to the topics under discussion, and especially when war is the theme being discussed. However, when KP starts talking about "atrocities" and someone else (I think it was Kumo) starts using the term "Axis" in relation to the current escalating war, it isn't hard to see why the war is being pursued with such vigour against H? and its allies.
So what, this war is being fought because of over-dramatic language?

As a conspiracy theory, this is my favourite ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic