FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewbie Bully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 12:13
City option of building secret passage might be good change. Besieged player would have 50 % chance to get away and pick new location, if he have a settler ready.
Ivorich Von Forge View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 12:46
While I have no love or respect for the leaders of PX (please note I specify the leaders, not the rank and file), I agree with anyone who gives Tubana a taste of his own medicine. It is well known that he, personally, has deliberately driven many players from Illyriad for no other reason than that they refused to be coerced into joining MK and slaving to provide them with resources at a rate which would cripple their own growth.

If anyone ever deserved to be driven from Illyriad, Tubana is at the top of the list, along with those former MKs who willingly cooperated with his coersions. The irony is that many of those in PX who are now weilding this sword of justice seem to be unaware that they deserve and someday will receive the same treatment for having participated in his evil when they were all in MK.
Zangi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 13:02
Originally posted by ivyleaves ivyleaves wrote:

Most warmongers that have got people ready to forcibly move them out are not going to be trusted as patience has run out. Sometimes you just need to know that the thorn in your side is moving far, far, away. The only way that can happen is to raze or conquer their cities near you. Waiting for them to send a settler to an acceptable location could be a stalling tactic that would allow further mischief as there is no way to verify this is happening or where the location is, and it can take a long time to supposedly march there or to build settlers, and then, you still need to siege their current city to remove it. It is better for them to be wiped out as they will move instantly with the research from their last city intact. Settlers only allow you to start from nothing, although in a location of your choosing.

Perhaps a change to the game mechanics to allow the defeated player to pick an alternate quadrant would be a good idea, maybe even the actual spawn location that is a minimum of X number of squares away from the current location. In general, I am not in favor of blaming the victims for the consequences faced by a warmongering player. I am in favor of finding a way for the besieged player to start elsewhere with more than they get now. The truth is, an unchecked bully is far more likely to drive people from the game.

Fun Fact: Settlers have this cute little red castle icon thing on their back.  While caravans don't.  Tubana can easily point out the settler location if they ask via coords.

Action can be taken to clear all attempts at amassing a military by periodic and multiple attacks during the day.  Especially in this case where PX is right next door.
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 14:41
It is my opinion that Tubana is actually innocent in this case.  Yes, he is a warmonger, but no he did not warmonger against his own alliance.  Unless Tubana is the biggest moron in the game, why would he attack his own alliance when DLORD and H? were coming to destroy him?  As a former member of MK, I saw Tubana as brutal to outsiders, but the most friendly and helpful of people to alliance members.  He wanted PX to farm his towns, but a mistake was made somewhere.  Either he did something wrong or PX did something wrong and things fell apart.  I think this is all a misunderstanding though each side thinks this is a devious manipulation by the other.  Conspiracy theories run wild in this conflict.  It's just a game.  Let him go.  He's no longer a threat to anyone regardless of where he ends up.  If he ever even thinks about bullying someone again, I'm sure most of Illyriad will graciously pounce on him again.
ivyleaves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 16:08
A lot of speculation going on here. I haven't heard Tubana or any PX members speak a word about what is going on right now. In this situation perhaps they are actually cooperating. Some of you may know more, but if PX conquers his towns in their cluster, it could help them out quite a bit, and Tubana, in the end, loses little besides the ability to change direction from helping to hurting them there, and the chance to pick a spot to move.
Redfist View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 18:07
High Hooo! High Hooo!
The kinds and types of practises that Tubana and others readily indulged while members of [MK] are justly punishable.  Since he was leader of that alliance the burden of responsibility fell upon him. As players of illyriad we all have a duty to ensure that this game doesn't descend into a personalised self indulgence of the worst kind. Tubana was a tyrant and he has suffered a tyrant's fate. Ying Yang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic