FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewbie Bully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Souran View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 14:32

My friend has agreed to join the NOS. His coordinates however are -317|178. Those are the good person coordinates just to avoid a mistake.

Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 08:24
Phoenix decided to destroy Tubana, not allowing him to gather few settlers and move. Well, he is not newbie, but thi is kind of bully behavior too, didnt want to open new topic. I think its fair to let player go before destruction, no matter newbie or old one. It seems that hubs are not allways good choice..
ShugarFree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 14:51
tubana asked for it...
and he started bulling so...
do you know that PX is former MK? ( the alliance  tubana founded?)
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 16:10
Really?  Tubana is beset by enemies everywhere and he suddenly decided it would be a good idea to just start bullying his own alliance?  He left to spare his alliance destruction.  You're going to need proof first.  Either way, it makes so sense not to let him get a settler out.  He's going to relocate anyway, no matter what PX does.  If they let him settle, they might have control over where he goes.  Otherwise it's up to the server random generator.  I consider Tubana my friend and I consider members of PX as my friend.  Regardless of who is at fault, this is disgusting behavior for people who used to play together.  Since PX are the aggressors against a weaker "foe" however, I feel the burden of proof is on them.
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 16:32
tubana farmed MK members that  clustered  next to his cities!
so who is wrong?
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 22:54
There can be no glory or satisfaction in  such action, no matter Tubana's guilt. Its not about who is wrong, but style you play. I believe every player should be allowed to go, if he lay arms...

New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 23:36
i disagree, sir.

Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 01:56
Originally posted by ShugarFree ShugarFree wrote:

tubana farmed MK members that  clustered  next to his cities!
so who is wrong?

Prove it.  That's what I'm saying. And again, that's no reason to stop him from settling somewhere else.  He has a right to play this game as much as anyone else regardless of how he chooses to play it.  There is nothing inherently wrong with being a warmonger in this game, it just means people will eventually get tired of it and kick your butt.  That doesn't mean you did something "wrong" though.  He's paying for being a warmonger, but trying to drive him from the game really is wrong.
Zangi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 01:58
Driving people from the game seems to be all the rage these days...

Good show people, good show.  It'll definitely help Illyriad in the long run. /sarcasm

Edited by Zangi - 26 Aug 2010 at 01:58
ivyleaves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 07:34
Most warmongers that have got people ready to forcibly move them out are not going to be trusted as patience has run out. Sometimes you just need to know that the thorn in your side is moving far, far, away. The only way that can happen is to raze or conquer their cities near you. Waiting for them to send a settler to an acceptable location could be a stalling tactic that would allow further mischief as there is no way to verify this is happening or where the location is, and it can take a long time to supposedly march there or to build settlers, and then, you still need to siege their current city to remove it. It is better for them to be wiped out as they will move instantly with the research from their last city intact. Settlers only allow you to start from nothing, although in a location of your choosing.

Perhaps a change to the game mechanics to allow the defeated player to pick an alternate quadrant would be a good idea, maybe even the actual spawn location that is a minimum of X number of squares away from the current location. In general, I am not in favor of blaming the victims for the consequences faced by a warmongering player. I am in favor of finding a way for the besieged player to start elsewhere with more than they get now. The truth is, an unchecked bully is far more likely to drive people from the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic