illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Server Possibility

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Duran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Server Possibility
    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 03:56
Hey all,

I wanted to ask the developers, how hard would it be to open up a new server?

All the best,

Duran
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
Salamander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 06:19
Why ?Confused
Was once Samalander until the forum lost my login now Salamander
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 08:42
Starting from the bottom does sound quite fun. But if a new server was started, the speed could be changed a bit to something a little bit faster. Maybe 1.5 or 2x faster. 

PublicRelations
HumanResources
MacheteV97 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacheteV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 09:56
I personally like the one server idea.
I can see your point with the speed but this is something I also love about this game.
Playing through the whole day.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:02
The idea of opening up a new server has been toyed with already im sure. I think there's a good reason they haven't done it. Still. It would be cool to have one slow one and one faster one. Could also just have Elgea on a new server and see if it needs BL. I think not.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
MacheteV97 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacheteV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:21
That would be great.
The only think that makes me worry is about the people.
What if they get separate between these two servers and in the end non of them is active enough?
These are just my concerns.
Once orc, always orc!

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 19:02
I personally would love to start in a world without the massive surplus of resources that exists on the current server. It was one of the things I was looking forward to about Broken Lands as initially announced. However, other games with more than one server tend to struggle with inactivity on certain servers, and I doubt the Illy community is large enough to sustain another world.

One thing I would enjoy is an Illy classic server without a lot of the innovations like hunting and crafting and the newer buildings. Those are fun, but there is something to be said for the simplicity of one building slot for each building and the crash of troop vs. troop without worrying about equipment or elite divisions.
Duran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 01:45
I never thought in the history of me playing this, this would come out. I agree with Rill. 
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 03:17
Originally posted by Duran Duran wrote:

I agree with Rill. 

/me faints
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:43
Yup . I'm up for this ...so long as it's called Ossian's world ! Clap
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic