Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nCrow Ursor Directive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosednCrow Ursor Directive

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar
Player Council - Geographer

Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 6821
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:24
Originally posted by Hager Hager wrote:

Hello everyone
 
This is my first time posting in any forum but I feel that some facts about the situation might help clear some thing up.
 
1. this was a pvp fight
 
2. one side had 5 places with a rough pop of 22000 total, the other 5 places with roughly 23000.
 
So to me neither is a newbie nor is it a total mismatch
 
Very quickly one side asked for peace and a chance to move and the other side agreed and called off their attacks
 
Le Roux was not happy about the situation and has posted what she will do to prevent it in the future.
Her position is on record and quite clear.
 
As far as I know these facts are correct and if someone has misrepresented them to me this forum has my apologies in advance and I will correct them.
 
Now if people wish to continue debating this issue atleast it will be from a knowledgable postion
 
Thank-you

To be abundantly clear, we will not tolerate members of this alliance jumping out of their alliance to beat on other players under the guise of PvP either, so long as the attacks are unprovoked.  Having one side prepare, with full support of their alliance, to beat on a relatively peaceful neighbor and then bully that person out of the neighborhood is no more acceptable to us when that person temporarily jumps out of the alliance to do so.
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1851
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:28
TVM has never said her members were rogue nor have we ever denied responsibility for our members. Those statements are outright fabrications on your part.

My view of you and others like you is fairly easy to glean but I will state it for the record here. I believe you feel others must play this game in a certain way or you will force that play style. This very thread is the direct result of that philosophy.

Might is right is not some silly little saying and it certainly is not nonsense. Read the link. Conflict is the essence of human nature and support is inherent in an MMO. Do you honestly believe I think non-allied players should not expect support from others?

As for detriment, that would be the obvious conclusion of the losing side of a conflict, would it not?
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar
Player Council - Geographer

Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 6821
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:31
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

 I believe you feel others must play this game in a certain way or you will force that play style. This very thread is the direct result of that philosophy.

This is interesting, because I perceive the same as you do -- that you are trying to force a particular playstyle on others, and that we are acting to oppose it.  So we are in agreement that this thread is indeed a direct result of that philosophy.
Back to Top
Le Roux View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 151
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:37
Perhaps more carefully read my reply to Hager's post that attempted to place such actions on the level of an even 1 on 1.  Clearly your point is in fact that your member's actions were supported by TVM , and that your "might" made it "right". 
Just so the record is straight....
Back to Top
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 839
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:37
Originally posted by Caconafyx Caconafyx wrote:

As for the whole premise of "might is right" what utter nonsense. I can field an army ten times that of the average player but that does not give me the right to throw my weight around. Any fool can build an army with enough prestige. So perhaps try bringing something useful to the party, like support of new players, meaningful contributions to GC and to the game in general.

You would have every right to throw your weight around...  but that might lead to bad PR and annoyed neighbours. Ouch
As we don't have any laws in Illy (well, besides the ToS...), right or wrong is defined by the community (i.e. the side, which could raise the bigger army or stronger confed or larger Cruzade if needed).
As big parts of the community seem to share nCrows view (and as big parts actually are Crows, too LOL), I find it rather amusing, which side started talking about might is right, etc...

noone can forbid playing with armies in here, just state, that they would want to play along, too.
And one can be happy, if you get those statements before having sieges at ones doorstep Clap
Back to Top
Sliveen View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 40
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:47
why is it no one has their alliance near their names so I can better understand the people in relation to the stand point of all this "we" talk? 

Im totally lost who "we" is.
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1851
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:50
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:


Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

 I believe you feel others must play this game in a certain way or you will force that play style. This very thread is the direct result of that philosophy.

This is interesting, because I perceive the same as you do -- that you are trying to force a particular playstyle on others, and that we are acting to oppose it.  So we are in agreement that this thread is indeed a direct result of that philosophy.

...and just how do you suppose you will oppose?

This clearly comes down to a matter of degree. I am looking out for my alliance, which requires I also see to the satisfaction of her members. This game would be worse off without them.

Edited by abstractdream - 06 Feb 2013 at 04:19
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar
Player Council - Geographer

Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 6821
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:54
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

...and just how do you suppose you will you oppose?

.

I think I've already been pretty clear about this in a previous post:


If we see sieges on active players, we will break those sieges.  If we receive reports of diplo, magickal or other harassment of active players, we will reinforce and assist the victims and return the same to the perpetrators.  If we hear reports of players and alliances who are threatened with cleansing, we will assist those players and alliances in becoming stronger so they can stand for themselves.

Those are the things we will do to assist our neighbors.

Should an alliance object to our intervention and threaten our members, our leaders or our allies, that will be dealt with in another manner.  As to the details of that response, I leave them to your imagination, except to say that I think you will find that we are creative, resourceful and have a devilish sense of humour.



Edited by Rill - 05 Feb 2013 at 18:55
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1851
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:56
That was actually a rhetorical question...
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 768
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 18:58
We could settle most of these conflicts if the exodus penalties didn't exist. Alliances then can claim areas as their own and boot other players out. It makes more sense to me to move my town, without penalties, then to stay in a hostile area because the price and time to rebuild is not worth it.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.