Topic ClosedNC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 18:06
Originally posted by Kompanion Kompanion wrote:

Actually sis, you should consider this to be less of a war and more of a vote.

A vote for what .?. Wink

I mean in order to have a poll and cast the votes, shouldn't you create choices .?.

But after Tamaeon's speech I do not think that anyone would believe that you'd care about their votes or opinions anyway :

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/why-are-we-fighting_topic5296_page7.html

You are just out for a power struggle, nothing more, nothing less.

At least Tamaeon and Hathaldir were clear about it ... Wink
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 18:13

Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is a bunch of players playing a war game and then getting complaints about them playing a war game. Perhaps some clear facts laid out here would help. As far as I recall NC only ever declared wars on equal sized or larger alliances (My memory may be a bit hazy due to working in the field so much lately). How this makes them bullies is above me. Their methods of diplomacy are also different to what others view as correct but this does not make them bad. I myself tend to resort to launch first and then talk. Now if someone has facts, and not opinions, just list them here and then everyone can make their own decisions.

I keep hearing equal or larger sized alliance. What does that have to do with a fair fight or just grounds for starting one?

If I weighed 145 lbs and was a professional boxer would anyone who weighed 145 lbs or more be considered a fair fight for me?

How does experience, commander levels, lands claimed etc weigh into the scales when determining fair?

There might be some who drink h? Kool-aid, I am not one of them.

It's a metric that is visible to everyone.  Is it perfect?  no.  Is it an overall gauge of how much someone with a pair can push?  yes.
You don't like it, then ignore it, a large portion of the server actually uses it.  It's been used before you started playing, and will be used after you quit.

And comparing a single boxer to the potential of a player of certain matrices, that is a logical fallacy and I am pretty sure you know it.  That is of coarse if you aren't sniffing glue.

Actually sis, you should consider this to be less of a war and more of a vote. I think that is what the server is saying. Keep drinking the h? Kool-aid

Oh you silly little man...
Here I thought the server doesnt say anything...just a bunch of cowards having a play at war.
As far as this being a vote?  I only see...less than 10 alliances taking this stance.  Hardly the server voting...
So... is this you being pompous again?  or manipulated by Hath like most people have now seen?
I will give Hath credit, he did get each alliance he named to fight.
But you already know that.  As his Kompanion, would that make you his lap dog?

Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 18:42
I've decided to go fishing...No, that does not mean a declaration of war against The Order of the Trout!

I'll log in every few days to keep my queues going, check the herald and continue my personal fight against [Abandoned], but I won't stay online long enough to see the mayhem and bedlam that is visiting this usually peaceful game.

Who is to blame for this? At the top of the list would be the Devs for not giving us outlets to expunge our militaries against. The rest on that list is open to interpretation, intrigue, revenge, scandal, indifference and last but not least, good ole fashioned fun for a small minority.
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 18:48
Curb the insults or I curb the thread and the accounts of anyone who can't keep it cool. Understood? Yes. Good.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 18:53
Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

Curb the insults or I curb the thread and the accounts of anyone who can't keep it cool. Understood? Yes. Good.

Luna

Understood. Thanks for keeping the conversation clean. 

Since this topic is about NC, can anyone speak to how well they are doing in the war?

Kompanion View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 20:08
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Oh you silly little man...
Here I thought the server doesnt say anything...just a bunch of cowards having a play at war.
As far as this being a vote?  I only see...less than 10 alliances taking this stance.  Hardly the server voting...
So... is this you being pompous again?  or manipulated by Hath like most people have now seen?
I will give Hath credit, he did get each alliance he named to fight.
But you already know that.  As his Kompanion, would that make you his lap dog?

As you may know. Dark stood up for Bane without any backing because we thought it was the right thing to do.

Had h? curbed NC I truly believe that this whole mess could have been avoided.

Let's avoid belittling and stick to the topic.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 21:09

As you may know. Dark stood up for Bane without any backing because we thought it was the right thing to do.

You stood up for Bane because Halcyon is buddies with Malek. Stop trying to make it all moral. It diminishes the value of your other points.
Kompanion View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 21:50
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

You stood up for Bane because Halcyon is buddies with Malek. Stop trying to make it all moral. It diminishes the value of your other points.

Halcyon's is friends with Malek, just as you are good friends with SB. Wink
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 23:00
So hold on, you guys can stand up for Bane but we can't stand up for NC?  That's twice in as many pages that you shown yourself as a hypocrite.

The only difference between the Bane war and now was that you did not have the guts to go up against us and so you caved.  This time you decided it was safe to pile on.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 23:17
luna...please note...all these insults are in fun...its just game talk and nothing personal. talk of all this horse manure...omg, r u guys having a contest on whose the biggest...well 1 inch might win....lets get this war going and stop making me get my shovel...u guys must have been the nerds that sat in the chemistry room after school...well i hope u all got some brass ones cause i got my baseball bat...oh with u guys sorry ...my ping pong paddle.....lets get mean...lets get busy...lets have some action( this speech reminds me of what i told my date last night before he ran away!have fun, remember its a silly game. we playing elves and dwarfs oh my goodness
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic