Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My land Claim | Founding of DigiLand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My land Claim | Founding of DigiLand
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:33
I hereby announce that I claim 10 squares of land around all of my cities! And from know on, until the end of time, the claim shall be called "DigiLand".
If you are already living in DigiLand - well, you're already there. Not much I can do about it, duh.
If you're planning to migrate to DigiLand - ask before you hit the move button. Otherwise I'll send my slaves loyal subjetcs to you and they'll yell in front of your door all day and night until you die of sleep deprivation !

My list of towns: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Towns/283243

Edited by Digioso - 14 Dec 2015 at 12:43
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 14:51
Incredibly original.  I applaud you for once again making a post about claiming land only to announce your claim is nothing more than a joke, thus taking a clever jab at land claiming.  You must feel so proud.  
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 07:49
Oh, I just thought it's good practice to annaunce land claims for the land you 'own' anyway nowadays.
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 17:23
If these forums bother you, ignore them.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 18:07
Maybe you should check out the "General Question" or "Tips & Tricks" forum. At least I found these very helpful.
Reading the political forums is indeed a waste of time if you're not interested in politics.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 03:00
Oh geez do you answer every useless post? 

It's also Blasphemy to bring up the "E" game here. A lot of veteran players of ILLYRIAD came from there, some possible still play.. but I botted my way out of Evony... and found I still had family. 
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 04:56
War is expensive, and hard to maintain. Cities are valued too much, being expensive and/or time consuming to make, However, I agree with you, this game needs more PvP.
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 16:37
I also left evony for  Illyriad. 5 years of bots and bull... happy here with my herbs and my  minerals. 

If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 20:37
Well, permadeath is a good reason why there isn't that much war going on. If you lose all your cities you have to start from scratch. And I can imagine that a player who has been building his/her cities for years won't like that very much.
At least for me - and I've only been playing since around 10 months - losing all my cities would be a reason to stop playing the game.
And a new player - who is constantly under attack by other players - may want to quit as well.
I'm playing browser games since around 14 years now and many people don't make it longer than a few weeks because they end up as farms for stronger players. Heck, I've been farming lots of players as well. If you don't do that - you will end up as a farm yourself because other players will have a larger fleet than you have. Of course there are alliances that help in such cases.
That's true for games likes Galaxy Wars, X-Wars, Lords of Ultima, Space Assault or even the mobile free 2 play games like Siege Rivals.
And none of these had permadeath. Sure, you can lose your army/fleet and resources but you could not lose your whole planet/city.

Illyriad seems to be different. New players are welcome and get starter packs without ever asking for it.
Basically said the player community decided over the last years that the more or less peaceful Illyriad we have now is the game they want. And the decs added BL for the portion of players that want to participate a bit more in fighting.
asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:20
"There comes awesome player he/she is allowed to join the land, by invitation." 

Rules apply for suckers only. Lanclaimers are dissing general ordinary people.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic