illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mistaken Identity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 19:44
I should clarify, I don't believe eCrow's open culture should change in response to potential spies. I rather like that we aren't inclined to be paranoid like some other alliances and other games that I have played. I just agree with Poodle's comments about open cultures suffering occasional setbacks due to spies, more than I agree with Angrim's rosier conclusion. I think we've been burned occasionally, and that's just the price we pay for having an open culture.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 19:54
I am not pointing at GETTING in right now.... , and MM has no alliance, no agenda, never has, what's to fear? 

I'm just saying on general principle, I predicted it for whatever reason within land claims.

Just tracking myself.. not looking for kudos or applause, rofl.

I didn't expect any btw.

Edited by Diva - 03 Aug 2015 at 19:56
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Han Dynasty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Han Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 20:02
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

I'm just saying on general principle, I predicted it for whatever reason within land claims.

Somewhere I predicted LC  wouldn't like someone/alliances in the LC ... and forcibly move them

Is that really that bit of an amazing prediction? Generally people try to move people out of their LC is they violate it.  This reminds me in the 'horror' movie "The Mist" when Mrs. Carmody predicts that another person will die in the coming night when everyone is sitting in a super vulnerable grocery store that is besieged by monsters. 
The official forum profile for Han Dynasty.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 20:02
gosh Halcyon; towards the end of last war several in dark empire wondered which alliance you were representing...its the reason so many dark empire vets went to crow related alliances with where we felt our loyalty would be treated likewise from their leaders...we often wondered if u were a master spy using dark empire to be a proxy alliance for some others and I not saying that means alliance.....winks....the rooster has come home to its roost...permasats are gone and multis have lost their edge advantage!   building to 25 others should too!
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 20:06
I just don't know what to say to that twi... Shocked
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 20:07
Originally posted by Han Dynasty Han Dynasty wrote:

Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

Somewhere I predicted LC  wouldn't like someone/alliances in the LC ... and forcibly move them

Is that really that bit of an amazing prediction? Generally people try to move people out of their LC is they violate it.  This reminds me in the 'horror' movie "The Mist" when Mrs. Carmody predicts that another person will die in the coming night when everyone is sitting in a super vulnerable grocery store that is besieged by monsters. 

Within their own ranks... the LC ranks not just bystanders affected by LC's.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 22:31
Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

gosh Halcyon; towards the end of last war several in dark empire wondered which alliance you were representing...its the reason so many dark empire vets went to crow related alliances with where we felt our loyalty would be treated likewise from their leaders...we often wondered if u were a master spy using dark empire to be a proxy alliance for some others and I not saying that means alliance.....winks....the rooster has come home to its roost...permasats are gone and multis have lost their edge advantage!   building to 25 others should too!

Gosh twi. The "so many Dark empire vets" who went to Crows were actually just 1: Kompanion and he went to the Crows because he was angry with me for allowing you to join our training alliance. He was sure you'll do more damage than good. 'nough said.
king stag View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote king stag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 22:52
Originally posted by Stukahh Stukahh wrote:

With respect to King Stag.  You do not know the entire story.  SIN has a mountain of evidence that the player had close ties with Stomp members.  Of course, we will not reveal our vetting process since it would be damaging to how we screen for spies.

We reserve the right to keep potential spy accounts out.  The player has sinced moved out of Felllandire into Shark hub in Newlands ( how predictable).  Again, no attacks or sieges occurred.

Since the SIN LC came into effect not a single account has been sieged.  We have worked out all issues by diplomacy to date.

We have good relations with our neighbors in BL and plan on keeping it that way.  

Predictable? You force a new player to move all of his cities in BL at the same time that his friend is moving cities into BL. Hope you didn't strain your brain too hard to make that prediction.

I'm not sure if issuing an ultimatum like "move your cities or we'll destroy them" can be called diplomacy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic