FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 17:41
Kurfist. Whilst I can forgive your past sins for being AtH and appreciate that everyone should get a second chance, your recent behaviour leaves much to be desired, especially regarding your behaviour to members of WoT. I refer specifically to your stupid message to ellisande's husband a week or so back and the incident of you 'spitting' at me in GC a few nights ago. If you truely have turned over a new leaf then do not revert back to your old antagonistic ways. I (and others in WoT) will not hesitate to destroy both you and your alt account if your attitude towards us does not improve and improve rapidly. You seemed to think it was perfectly reasonable to attack ~KT~ for being insulted, but their baiting of you was nothing compared to what we have had to endure from you, both in your current incarnation and past. Whilst I appreciate you like to role play you have to understand boundaries and which marks not to overstep. You have been warned, do not push us any further!

Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 19:10
What?

1. Ellisandes husband?  In case you haven't notcied i tend to /me snuggle with all the ladies whom i see talking in global, oh well. There was a mention of a husband, i told her what i was going to do, she lol'ed and said OK.  your the one making it an issue, everyone else got the joke.

2. That was over TD's guide,  which i consider your guide a complete ripoff of. oh well get over it.  Apparently you can;t understand that imi a "role-player" kurfist will never treat you with respect nor anyone else, everyone is expendable in his eye.  If you want someone serious to talk to, go talk to CV.

3. both of those happened either a a few days/ week or two "or more" back.  You could have broight it up to me then but instead you see now as a good time to bring it up with the threat of destruction because i brought up my past.  Very mahco good sir.

Edited by Kurfist - 17 Jul 2011 at 19:13
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Dhenna View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 19:19
Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

What?

1. Ellisandes husband?  In case you haven't notcied i tend to /me snuggle with all the ladies whom i see talking in global, oh well. There was a mention of a husband, i told her what i was going to do, she lol'ed and said OK.  your the one making it an issue, everyone else got the joke.

2. That was over TD's guide,  which i consider your guide a complete ripoff of. oh well get over it.  Apparently you can;t understand that imi a "role-player" kurfist will never treat you with respect nor anyone else, everyone is expendable in his eye.  If you want someone serious to talk to, go talk to CV.

3. both of those happened either a a few days/ week or two "or more" back.  You could have broight it up to me then but instead you see now as a good time to bring it up with the threat of destruction because i brought up my past.  Very mahco good sir.

Copied from the re-written newbie guide:

This is the second version of the New Player Guide. The first was originally published by a great Illyriad called The_Dude who has now left the game, although there was some dispute over who actually wrote it, then later it was republished and added to by myself. Unfortunately the more that was added the more difficult it became to follow hence a rewrite was required.
Just FYI, Kurfist/CV.
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 20:39
I didn't see any of the things at issue here happen in GC, or any of the earlier history involving Kurfist and his alts, other than having seen Kurfist "huggging" people, so I have can't and won't comment on those.

I would like to comment on the roleplaying aspect mentioned. I have over 20 years in the world of roleplaying, as a player, writer, and module designer in the ancient days of TSR, White Wolf, and others. That and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee, I mention it only to illustrate I have a little background to explain my opinion and interest in this.

Roleplaying can make a great game even better, but online there are some considerations that must be observed very carefully or it can actually drive people away. Unless a game community specifically calls for RP, I think a few things should be kept in mind.

First, you may love RP, and you may think it's great fun. I understand this, I promise. But LOTS of people don't roleplay in these communities, or do so at varying levels of comfort. For some just the act of playing the game itself is all the RP they are interested in. Other may like to try and stay "in character" all the time. 

With this is in mind, I believe as part of a community you have a duty and obligation to honor and accept the wishes and style of others when you interact with them. As I said, I love to RP online. It can keep things fun, challenge your creativity, and generally add to the immersive element of a game. It also helps me churn up ideas for my RL work. But it only works when others know and recognize what is roleplay and if you always tailor your play to the people around you. If you are going to say that a persona will always act a certain way due to RP, and you basically decide what you want is more important then how other wish to interact, then the consequences are quite fairly on your own head.

This post is way too long, so I'll wrap it up with a few things that can help; again, my own opinion and offered only because I'm still in the fiery throes of a game crush. heh. IF you are going to RP, develop a "voice" and style of chat for your persona that can be recognized as such by the broad majority of other players.  Use that persona when talking about the game, tread carefully on interjecting it in chat apart from obvious game topics. Arguments and disagreements with other players when you insist its RP and they don't are just unnecessary drama. Fights and feuds between personas can be great fun, but only when its obvious and both gamers understand it to be so.

It all boils down to respect. If you want it, you have to give it. We're all here to have fun. Respect how others play the game, and they'll respect you. My two cents. Please try to avoid hitting an eye if you throw them back...
"War is the father of all things..."
Cemmag View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 20:49

I would highly suggest you start marking your comments in gc and on the forums (in obviously ooc threads) as IC/OOC so that people have some clue as to the intended recipient. I have seen the i was in character excuse used entirely too much in my travels as well as cause untold and unnecessary friction between people.  

It will save you a lot of grief in the long run.  

Furthermore unless there is a line by one of the devs somewhere stating that global is purely IC (i haven't found anything yet correct me if i am wrong) I personally take any comment as OOC unless stated otherwise.

Im not trying to rag on you and it might seem like i am trying to but im not.  I just have seen IC statements taken OOC and the situation got out of hand.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 20:51

What?

Ok lets deal with this one point at a time.

1. I couldn't care who you snuggle with be it male, female or beast. You seem to have missed the point of this one. She did respond okay when you said you would mail griz thinking you were joking and warned you not to provoke the grizzly bear, but what you sent to her husband is completely unacceptable. In his mail to me regarding it he asks if he should 'respond with something that will leave you with a brown stain in your skirt or something humorous.' I told him to mix the two. Point of matter is that griz was Censored off and you and could've happily destroyed you for it. The one thing you never do is claim another mans wife as your own even in jest!

2. At no point have I ever claimed the New Player Guide as my own. In the current version TD is acknowledged in the second paragraph as the original publisher of the guide and in the original it is acknowledged also at the beginning that I did not write it, 'a great Illyriad player' did. You'll also notice that there are credits to people who aided in the re-write and edit of the guide later in the thread. That you consider it a rip off is your own personal opinion and in many ways it is, but TD should never have removed it for a political power play in his meta game in the first place and I did tell him I would remove it when he reposted his. It is meant to be an aid to new players not as a tool in a ridiculous argument between two respected Illy players. TD is gone now though and he removed his guide and there now is a new version of what he originally published, so in your own words 'get over it.'

As for your role play excuse its absolute nonsense. You as a person are responsible for both accounts and how you behave on one account directly reflects on the other. Its like saying I could go into GC and trash talk on my alt account and have nothing bad reflect on my main or go out and get drunk off my face one night and bad mouth players and blame it on the booze the next day! 'It wasn't me... It was the 10 pints of Guinnes!' Utter rubbish!

3. I let griz handle his message with you at the time although he did ask for advice. I thought it better if he dealt with that as opposed to getting dragged in myself at a time I was very busy. The second incident regarding your 'spitting' you disappeared immediately after you typed that and even STAR who you were backing up in her discussion about the guide turned on you at that point. I can only assume as you are still relatively young you have not ever been properly spat at. It is one of the most disgusting and insulting things a human being can do to another and as I said in my previous post, "Whilst I appreciate you like to role play you have to understand boundaries and which marks not to overstep." 

As for your little teary performance at the end there you see a threat, which fair enough there was, but the main point was the warning. Over the past few weeks your 'role playing' has become increasing pushing the bounds of what is acceptable, enough even to be commented on by SC. We all respect how you have turned yourself around but you are slipping back into bad habits and none of us want to see you meltdown again like you did with AtH. As a person you have much to offer the community but don't waste the opportunity and peoples respect for you by being a fool! 

Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 22:24
don,don,don! the drama continues! Tune in tomorow for the next episode of The Young And The Manannan.
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 22:34

Apparently you can;t understand that imi a "role-player" kurfist will never treat you with respect nor anyone else, everyone is expendable in his eye.

Then you shouldn't be surprised when it gets sieged. If you're not going to give respect don't get angry when no one gives you any. Roleplaying or not, a disrespectful person is a disrespectful person.  I think it's nice that apologized but you can't expect people to instantly forgive you just because you made an apology. You've said a lot of offensive things to people and when people don't instantly forgive you, it's to be expected. If you act hostilely to anyone who isn't convinced, you're only proving their point that you haven't changed.

Leungarific View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:24
Originally posted by Dhenna Dhenna wrote:

Copied from the re-written newbie guide:

This is the second version of the New Player Guide. The first was originally published by a great Illyriad called The_Dude who has now left the game, although there was some dispute over who actually wrote it, then later it was republished and added to by myself. Unfortunately the more that was added the more difficult it became to follow hence a rewrite was required.
Just FYI, Kurfist/CV.

Please note that the TD/Mana guide issue happened before the two of you joined Illyriad.
The new guide written completely by Mana has nothing to do with this at all. Please do not paraphrase when you don't know the story.

By the way Kurfist, this revelation takes me by surprise as well =D

I'd always thought ATH/El-T/Lionz were the same person.

Edited by Leungarific - 21 Jul 2011 at 04:06
Whence we cometh foreth youeth, youeth willeth knoweth iteth.
- AnalrotsAnIStinkAlot
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 18:33
I would be interested to know how many of the people who apparently always knew you were ATH actually didn't. Anyway, I still don't know what happened with TD. Some stuff about LOJ claiming to be TD? Don't know, don't care. If Kurfie is willing to turn a new leaf, I welcome you with open arms. Figuratively speaking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic