Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Illyriad Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Main: Council Honours Tournament Winners
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 15:29
COUNCIL HONOURS TOURNAMENT WINNERS

The Council of Illyria is delighted to recognise those Alliances & Individuals who performed so magnificently in the recent Tournament.

A statement on behalf of His Majesty King Sigurd was issued by Survus Malaki, and reads "The entire Kingdom will benefit from the enhancements to our collective knowledge of the beasts of Illyria. Some anatomical samples that were retrieved were from animals unknown even to the Naturalists of the Empirium, and they - as well as the Circle of Five and the TInkers of Tilverdale - are carrying out scientific, magickal and practical research into the properties of these specimens and their possible future applications.

His Majesty bids thanks to all who participated, but especially to the following:

Alliance, Largest Collection:
Order of the Valar (1st), Harmless (2nd) and Tranquil Vision (3rd).

Alliance, Most Complete Unique Collection:
Order of the Valar (1st), Murder of Crows (2nd) and Invictus (3rd).

Individual, Largest Collection:
Boromir (1st), darkone (2nd) and ScotFitz (3rd).

Individual, Most Complete Unique Collection:
Raritor (1st), Sloter (2nd) and Boromir (3rd).

Individual Hunters:
Boromir (x8), Kumomoto (x3), torshavn (x3), Beerman (x3), _duQ (x2), Amorphias (x2), Gunfo (x2), Sir-Les (x2), sooner (x2), Angrum, darkone, Empress Olivia, Jerec Cross, Korg!, Kurdruk, pepe, Raritor, Rhea, shawdow, Tanis, Telchar, threefoothree and Yahweh.

The Council has especially recognised the Alliance "Order of the Valar" for winning both Alliance categories, and Lord Boromir for placing in both Individual categories as well as winning no less than eight different hunter categories! Heartiest congratulations and His Majesty's Especial thanks go to both.

Results of the research into these specimen's properties is expected over the next weeks and months.

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 16 Jul 2011 at 12:13
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:50
Out of interest and in reference to the quotes below;

"Some anatomical samples that were retrieved were from animals unknown even to the Naturalists of the Empirium, and they - as well as the Circle of Five and the TInkers of Tilverdale - are carrying out scientific, magickal and practical research into the properties of these specimens and their possible future applications....

Results of the research into these specimen's properties is expected over the next weeks and months."

Is this still in the pipeline?  Or have the circle of five been distracted with their experiments into exotic herbs from Kumala?

I know it has only just been a case of 'months' since the tourney and understand that there are many other ongoing things for the creators of Illyriad to deal with....

Its just this matter raised my interest in the game alot and I would appreciate it, if we could be informed whether this 'research' is continuing, or if it has been pushed aside onto the Circle of Fives ancient dusty shelves.

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 17:35
Remember that the core team actually implementing game mechanics and writing real code is only two people.  I expect you should take any measurements in months to imply a large number of them.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 18:01
I agree HM, just worried that some plans may get side-lined into oblivion (and would not blame them if this did happen) dont want to keep looking forward to something that may never happen.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 22:05
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

I agree HM, just worried that some plans may get side-lined into oblivion (and would not blame them if this did happen) dont want to keep looking forward to something that may never happen.
The researches of the Empirium, the Circle of Five and the Tinkers continue - however they remain tight lipped about their progress; cautious to prevent other Factions from hearing rumours and reducing their potential advantages...Wink

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 16 Jul 2011 at 22:08
tallica View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 23:47
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

The researches of the Empirium, the Circle of Five and the Tinkers continue - however they remain tight lipped about their progress; cautious to prevent other Factions from hearing rumours and reducing their potential advantages...Wink

And were we really expecting any different response...

At least I didn't see the term soon in there!

CHANGE is coming!...
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 15:31
My lord will be happy to here this news, many thanks Top Cat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic