illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for terrain coords

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for terrain coords
    Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 00:32
there are a few locations i am looking for.

Monoliths, evidentially there are a few.
alters, there seems to be alters of earth, fire, possibly air, and water. looking for coords of them. please. illy stuff didn't show coords.
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 00:34

170Altar of EarthLarge Mountain1 in norweld,

demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 00:36
in aran
170Altar of EarthLarge Mountain1
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 00:37
in keppen

167Altar of WaterLarge Forest1
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 00:55

Kal Tarkin

168Altar of FirePlains1

in turilia
168Altar of FirePlains1

in keppen

in mal m

Norweld
170Altar of EarthLarge Mountain1 in norweld,

in aran
170Altar of EarthLarge Mountain1

in lan l
169Altar of AirLarge Hill1

Windlost
169Altar of AirLarge Hill1
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 03:08
[-500|0][500|0][-500|500][500|-500][500|500][-500|-500][0|500][0|-500]
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 09:12
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

there are a few locations i am looking for.

Monoliths, evidentially there are a few.
alters, there seems to be alters of earth, fire, possibly air, and water. looking for coords of them. please. illy stuff didn't show coords.

There is no terrain type with the name 'Monolith'. If you click the 'Show' button next to the Terrain option it should open a popup where you can see what terrains there are. One common cause of no coords being shown (that I do quite often) is not setting the Comparison Operator.

If you want to see all the different terrains and get a count of how many of them there are have a look at this old page that I did: https://durctools2.dewt.me.uk/php/terrainReport2.php
You can also get a coord list for that terrain type by clicking the link in the box. If enough folks say they want this option included in IllyStuff I'll look at moving it accross.

Tens
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 23:48
https://forum.illyriad.co.uk/twisting-nether-object_topic10948.html#108323 the monoliths in the quest for creating a massive magical structure.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 02:52
I believe these were used in a tournament that pre-dates my time in the game.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 07:39
Wartow is correct - I've been told by somebody who was playing at the time that the Altars were used in the very first tournament in Illy (I believe that the various elementals were amongst the prizes).

I've done a check of the current terrain types and there are none that include the word 'Monolith'. There are however several which currently are not actually assigned to any tile on the map including:
  • code 171 - Activated Standing Stones,
  • code 165 - Mystic Tomb,
  • codes 136 to 138 - Elf, Dwarf and Orc Monuments respectively,
  • code 134 - Dragon Monument,
  • code 133 - Column.

It isn't a huge leap to see some of those described as Monoliths.

I'm working on the code for the world map search at the moment to solve a few small issues including:
  • Correctly displaying when 0 matches are found.
  • Checking that a comparison operator has been selected for any fields being searched.
Both of those currently cause an error to be returned from the server (but not displayed). In the meantime you can see the counts of each terrain code and get links to each of the relevant tiles using the old page I linked to in an earlier post.

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic