FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Login failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 15:50
All,

Apologies for the troubles with logins and events, we're working on the issue right now but it may take a bit of time for all events to catch up.

Please be patient while we work on what caused this issue.

Best,

GM Cerberus
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 17:14
Many thanks Cerb and please pass it on to the rest of the team when they surface from the depths of the code Big smile
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 21:20
I DO think that some update should be given 5.5 hours in...even if its just "im still working on it"
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 22:32
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

All,

Apologies for the troubles with logins and events, we're working on the issue right now but it may take a bit of time for all events to catch up.

Please be patient while we work on what caused this issue.

Best,

GM Cerberus

Some of the tournament squares are screwed up (e.g. Perrigor and Kal Tirikan) - different enemy alliances (Dlord/ITG and SkB/ITG) are occupying at the same time (only one gets the credit though) and it seems that attacks get aborted because of it. This might need a manual fix.

GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 09:05
Thanks, everyone, for your patience, and many apologies for this outage.

We've stabilised the issue - which, with Sod's Law, naturally occurred in the early hours of the morning over a bank holiday weekend... whilst I'm moving house and it's TC's birthday.

Of course we have to look into the underlying cause and get that fixed for the any potential occurrence in the future; and we also have to ascertain why the monitoring software that is supposed to alert us to an Illy outage didn't do what it was supposed to.

First priority, however, for me is to work through the Petition queue, and resolve any logical conflicts.  As you can imagine, there are many, many petitions - so it will take time to get through them all.  Please be patient - we will get to yours.  If you haven't got a petition open, please make sure you open one with as much detail as possible.  

Please be aware that where chains-of-events have misfired (eg in Thirion's Tournament Square example above) it may not be possible to work out "what should/would have happened", as subsequent events pile up on top of failed events - and working out a chain of causality is simply not possible; in these instances we suggest that if you can work it out yourselves (eg recalling armies with messengers etc) that would be ideal.  If it may require Developer intervention, please do make sure that is made clear in the petition, along with your suggested resolution.

Again, many apologies and many thanks for your patience.

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 30 Aug 2021 at 09:05
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:02
Many thanks for the rapid response SC (especially given the timing of it all) and the best of luck in trying to sort all the issues out plus trying to figure out what happened in the first place.

Tens
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 18:29
We're aware that - due to the server issue - a number of rare herb harvest sites got entirely depleted, as the herbalists weren't returning back when they should.  

We'll be returning these harvest patches back to their original spaces, please be patient.

Regards,

SC
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 22:19
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Many thanks for the rapid response SC (especially given the timing of it all) and the best of luck in trying to sort all the issues out plus trying to figure out what happened in the first place.

Tens

#MakeTensBlue
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:04
Hi everyone,

The glitch caused some towns to (via use of fast build prestige) to get to building and resource plot levels above 20.  Unfortunately, the system doesn't have values above Level 20 loaded in, so these buildings would have ceased to function.

I have reset all these "Lvl > 20" buildings to be "Lvl = 20", and they should now function as expected.  You may need to log in and log out for the changes to take effect.

Many thanks - still working through the fallout!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 18:48
Right now, I'm up-to-date on fixing unintended overharvesting of herbs and grapes.  Can I urge anyone else who had an overharvesting issue to let me know via petition as soon as possible?

On the Perrigor & Tal Kirikan tournie squares (and some others)... it's very unfortunate, of course, however, given the time remaining from the 'bug to the end of the tournament', I don't believe the victory over any square was in doubt,  In this way, I suspect we (Illy corp) were luck that this happened at the very tail-end of the tournament, rather that at a critical 18-21 day juncture...  (I use the word 'lucky' loosely, here ;)

ofc, if anyone disagrees, please do let me know, and we'll take these things case-by-case.

Best,

SC 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic